RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Nov 6, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #847 of 1,127
what would you recommend after the t20. Would it be wise to get the gr07.
Thanks for the reply

Depends on where you want to head. Give us some details, and I'm sure we can point you in the right direction. I'm pretty sure it's not GR07 though...
the full size headphones I like are he500, thx00. I like bass, mids, wide Soundstage.

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #849 of 1,127
what would you recommend after the t20. Would it be wise to get the gr07.
Thanks for the reply

I hope u didnt think my post was negative towards the t20s!

Their really good, i was just describing their characteristics.

Their sweet!

Oh no I know they are sweet, the bass was amazing. T20 are my go to iems

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #850 of 1,127
T20 much weighier in the bass,

The rha t20s Treble had a bit more emphasis, maybe slightly metallic

Out of the box I'll agree with you in that the treble does sound harsh and on the metallic side - even with the bass filter installed. However for me after around 40 hours of use that subsided. Don't get me wrong, the treble remains quite prominent, but without that initial hard edge. Of course those with a sensitivity to treble may still find T20 on the fatiguing side even after burn in (some unkind people have suggested that the T in the T20 stands for Tinnitus :wink:)

I was never one to believe in burn in, at least in a significant way, but these have changed my mind.

Nov 7, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #851 of 1,127
Out of the box I'll agree with you in that the treble does sound harsh and on the metallic side - even with the bass filter installed. However for me after around 40 hours of use that subsided. Don't get me wrong, the treble remains quite prominent, but without that initial hard edge. Of course those with a sensitivity to treble may still find T20 on the fatiguing side even after burn in (some unkind people have suggested that the T in the T20 stands for Tinnitus
wink.gif
)

I was never one to believe in burn in, at least in a significant way, but these have changed my mind.

Couldn't agree more edgy is the right word - when I put the T20 in my ears on the pre-launch party I had this WTH expression on my face - and plenty of others as well - then after a few hours burn in - that was replaced by a very pleasant smile that grew bigger and bigger.

Cheers!

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #852 of 1,127

Couldn't agree more edgy is the right word - when I put the T20 in my ears on the pre-launch party I had this WTH expression on my face - and plenty of others as well - then after a few hours burn in - that was replaced by a very pleasant smile that grew bigger and bigger.

Cheers!

Yeah, that was probably just you adjusting to the treble. I find the same thing happens to me every time I switch back to the T20 from a different IEM. Is that to say that they un-break in once I stop using them? No, simply that I was no longer mentally adjusted to them.

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #853 of 1,127
Out of the box I'll agree with you in that the treble does sound harsh and on the metallic side - even with the bass filter installed. However for me after around 40 hours of use that subsided. Don't get me wrong, the treble remains quite prominent, but without that initial hard edge. Of course those with a sensitivity to treble may still find T20 on the fatiguing side even after burn in (some unkind people have suggested that the T in the T20 stands for Tinnitus :wink:)

Cheers!

Good assessment, im not quite sure how many hours the t20s i tried had.

But the treble i think gives them a bit more of an initial "wow" effect.

I dun mind a bit of coloration if its done right :)

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #854 of 1,127
Yeah, that was probably just you adjusting to the treble. I find the same thing happens to me every time I switch back to the T20 from a different IEM. Is that to say that they un-break in once I stop using them? No, simply that I was no longer mentally adjusted to them.

Sure, brain burn is totally in the realm of possibility. But I didn't have the same experience like you, even if I don't use the T20 for a few months, I never had that crazy treble - going cross eyed - feeling again....

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back