RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Nov 8, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #856 of 1,127
Yeah, that was probably just you adjusting to the treble. I find the same thing happens to me every time I switch back to the T20 from a different IEM. Is that to say that they un-break in once I stop using them? No, simply that I was no longer mentally adjusted to them.

I initially went down that line of thinking. However I also spend a lot of time with the Beyer DT1770 Pro and the Beyer DT1350, and when I switch back to the T20 the initial hardness in the treble is definitely no longer there.

Of course brain burn in is still possible in that my brain may have a T20 mode burned into it if you like, but I find that a bit far fetched.

That said none of the HPs I regularly listen to have what I would class a recessed treble, so I would guess if you spend some time with HPs or IEMs that do have a recessed treble, and get used to them, then switching to the T20 is likely to be a bit of an aural shock.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #857 of 1,127
So. In case RHA are looking in....

Huge thanks from me. I received my replacement set today. Their customer service is off the scale. A genuinely excellent company.

Now, this *could* be my imagination but I swear the material on the memory wire is thinner than it was. Maybe it's just a figment as the last ones were 'swollen' but I'm not sure.

Just sent them an email. Hopefully I can have mine re-cabled or replaced. Local (Philippines) authorized dealer warranty I believe is just 1 year which is F'd up. Cant find my receipt too but I have a credit card bill to prove it was purchased from an authorized store. Lets see. :D Love the headphone but I hate the messed up looking cable I have. Looks like its going to give anytime now.

The T20 hasnt been out for 3 years yet right? So any set should still be within the 3 year RHA warranty.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #858 of 1,127

Huge thanks from me. I received my replacement set today. Their customer service is off the scale. A genuinely excellent company.

Now, this *could* be my imagination but I swear the material on the memory wire is thinner than it was. Maybe it's just a figment as the last ones were 'swollen' but I'm not sure.

Looks clean again! Could you tell something about the durability of the thinner memory wire? Is it less prone to damage? 

Nov 13, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #860 of 1,127

I agree with RHA's excellent customer service. I sent the an email and told them I did not have a receipt. They told me to send them and and see what they can do, I sent them in without accessories as requested. 5 days later I received a brand new set in a brand new box with an all brand new box with complete brand new accessories. This is much more than had I expected from them, Bravo RHA.

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #861 of 1,127
  I agree with RHA's excellent customer service. I sent the an email and told them I did not have a receipt. They told me to send them and and see what they can do, I sent them in without accessories as requested. 5 days later I received a brand new set in a brand new box with an all brand new box with complete brand new accessories. This is much more than had I expected from them, Bravo RHA.

​just waiting for my CIEM order then Ill send mine in too. they responded right away! and told me to send just the earphones (T20). problem is.. sending it from Manila to the UK will set me back $60 USD!!! What???

Nov 21, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #862 of 1,127
I got a pair of klipsch x11's on newegg for cheap that i'm thinking of returning despite the bass being shockingly impressive for it's size. main issues that are hard to look past are high treble roll off which is coming in harsh, also mids sound a little buried. there's some clarity missing to make these perfect.

will the t20's be an adequate replacement set? listen to a lot of trip-hop, downtempo, electronic, alternative. fwiw i'm also a bit leery of over-eat fitment but willing to get adjusted for better SQ 

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #863 of 1,127
[COLOR=222222]I got a pair of klipsch x11's on newegg for cheap that i'm thinking of returning despite the bass being shockingly impressive for it's size. main issues that are hard to look past are high treble roll off which is coming in harsh, also mids sound a little buried. there's some clarity missing to make these perfect.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=222222]will the t20's be an adequate replacement set? listen to a lot of trip-hop, downtempo, electronic, alternative. fwiw i'm also a bit leery of over-eat fitment but willing to get adjusted for better SQ [/COLOR]

IMO they do great for electronic - I listen to a lot of drum & bass using them.

One thing that is a concern with these, at least straight out of the box, is that the treble can be hard, etched, and strident. This can be mitigated a bit by using the bass filter, which despite it's name doesn't increase the bass, but rather attenuates the treble and upper mids.

However I found that somewhere between 20 and 40 hours of use the treble becomes more natural, and easier on the ear.

The bass on these is pretty good, it digs deep and it's powerful, but avoids bleeding into the lower mids. That said the lower mids are somewhat recessed to my ear.

Overall I'd describe the T20 as quite a dry sounding IEM. Even with the bass filter, which helps to impart some warmth, it still remains on the dry side. That's fine for me because I prefer a dryer sound, but it might not sit well with other people.

The over ear fit takes a bit of getting used to at first, but it soon becomes second nature to fit them.

HTH

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #864 of 1,127
  I got a pair of klipsch x11's on newegg for cheap that i'm thinking of returning despite the bass being shockingly impressive for it's size. main issues that are hard to look past are high treble roll off which is coming in harsh, also mids sound a little buried. there's some clarity missing to make these perfect.

will the t20's be an adequate replacement set? listen to a lot of trip-hop, downtempo, electronic, alternative. fwiw i'm also a bit leery of over-eat fitment but willing to get adjusted for better SQ 

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the T20. I listen to techno a lot, but also genres like hip-hop, jazz, funk, etc. Has a good balanced sound, with a good amount of clean bass. Without a doubt, this is the best purchase I made this year. I have to verify the harshness in the treble, but this is only in the beginning and will disappear and sound more natural. 
I'm using mine with JVC Spiral Dot tips, and I hear a clear difference compared to the stock tips. The stock tips are by no means bad, but the Spiral Dots do improve the sound.

Definitely recommend them!

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #865 of 1,127
IMO they do great for electronic - I listen to a lot of drum & bass using them.

One thing that is a concern with these, at least straight out of the box, is that the treble can be hard, etched, and strident. This can be mitigated a bit by using the bass filter, which despite it's name doesn't increase the bass, but rather attenuates the treble and upper mids.

However I found that somewhere between 20 and 40 hours of use the treble becomes more natural, and easier on the ear.

The bass on these is pretty good, it digs deep and it's powerful, but avoids bleeding into the lower mids. That said the lower mids are somewhat recessed to my ear.

Overall I'd describe the T20 as quite a dry sounding IEM. Even with the bass filter, which helps to impart some warmth, it still remains on the dry side. That's fine for me because I prefer a dryer sound, but it might not sit well with other people.

The over ear fit takes a bit of getting used to at first, but it soon becomes second nature to fit them.

HTH

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the T20. I listen to techno a lot, but also genres like hip-hop, jazz, funk, etc. Has a good balanced sound, with a good amount of clean bass. Without a doubt, this is the best purchase I made this year. I have to verify the harshness in the treble, but this is only in the beginning and will disappear and sound more natural. 
I'm using mine with JVC Spiral Dot tips, and I hear a clear difference compared to the stock tips. The stock tips are by no means bad, but the Spiral Dots do improve the sound.

Definitely recommend them!

thanks guys, I'll probably order a pair and give them a try. the amount of choices is annoyingly overwhelming

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #866 of 1,127
Planning to upgrade from my ma750. Can't decide if I should go for these or the new CL750 :/

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #867 of 1,127
Planning to upgrade from my ma750. Can't decide if I should go for these or the new CL750 :/

Oh, please wait. Reviews for the new gear will be coming very soon. Ultrainferno already has his, and the tour kits are on the way. I should have mine early next week and will give some early impressions before sending it off to the first reviewer.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #868 of 1,127

Owned the 750 for 2 years now and absolutely love them. Got the t20i black 2 months ago and they look stunning, but annoyingly my ears just didn't agree with them so I returned them. The fit is better and the bass definitely sounds more defined, but even with the bass filter the highs would require me to take a break which i've never experienced before with any other pair of iems. Who knows maybe I got a rough pair.

*edit* Just noticed RHA have 20% off black friday discount, it's actually really tempting to give the t20's another shot, maybe I was too quick to judge them

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #869 of 1,127
Owned the 750 for 2 years now and absolutely love them. Got the t20i black 2 months ago and they look stunning, but annoyingly my ears just didn't agree with them, the fit is better and the bass definitely sounds more defined, but even with the bass filter the highs would require me to take a break which i've never experienced before with any other pair of iems. I burnt them in for a while but didn't seem to help, who knows maybe I got a rough pair.

Many people complain about the highs on the T20, and I just don't hear it, and I'm pretty treble sensitive. I find the 750's brighter than the 20. Of the 4 IEM's I use regularly, the T20 I find the least bright. I like the original 750 a lot but I don't find it comfortable.

Nov 25, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #870 of 1,127
  Owned the 750 for 2 years now and absolutely love them. Got the t20i black 2 months ago and they look stunning, but annoyingly my ears just didn't agree with them so I returned them. The fit is better and the bass definitely sounds more defined, but even with the bass filter the highs would require me to take a break which i've never experienced before with any other pair of iems. Who knows maybe I got a rough pair.

*edit* Just noticed RHA have 20% off black friday discount, it's actually really tempting to give the t20's another shot, maybe I was too quick to judge them

Wait 20% off?? I don't see it on their website at all :O

Oh, please wait. Reviews for the new gear will be coming very soon. @Ultrainferno already has his, and the tour kits are on the way. I should have mine early next week and will give some early impressions before sending it off to the first reviewer.

I wouldn't mind waiting but somone mentioned 20% off for Black Friday so I might pull the trigger sooner :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back