RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Sep 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #781 of 1,127
Wow, you're going into bass overload. T20 has great bass without any boosting and is very refined. If bass QUANTITY is what you're looking for the less expensive 750 and t10 have more, but t20 have much better overall sound and refinement.

dlayman is right, the T20's have very real bass, it's not in your face, but you hear every note. They are like a bass players iem, not a bass heads iem.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #782 of 1,127
Well, yes bass is the most important to me. I do have the 750s in which last week I put them in then put the shure se 215 sp-ed and the se 215 pretty much kicked ass which makes me wonder if I've got what I want now. However I would like some bass headroom as well as well defined kick drums in thrash metal. ( Sepultura arise and chaos ad are good examples where the kick drum is prominent). I also listen to dubstep and hip hop where bass is the driving force for why I listen to them. With my 215s the song sunspots by nin clip which makes me feel the headphones aren't satisfying my needs. BTW I already have hearing damage brought on by infection. I need extra bass which is prolly too much for peeps with normal hearing. Basically I want MORE!!!!!!!! More cowbell, I mean bass...

I've been reading this site, looking up bassy iems and I can't come to a conclusion yet which is OK. ... I have a bit to save up first. I've read DD have the best bass response while BA have more higher freqs by the balls. This leads me to believe a hybrid iem is the way to go. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, another beer calling, cheers fellow iemers :)

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #783 of 1,127
Well, yes bass is the most important to me. I do have the 750s in which last week I put them in then put the shure se 215 sp-ed and the se 215 pretty much kicked ass which makes me wonder if I've got what I want now. However I would like some bass headroom as well as well defined kick drums in thrash metal. ( Sepultura arise and chaos ad are good examples where the kick drum is prominent). I also listen to dubstep and hip hop where bass is the driving force for why I listen to them. With my 215s the song sunspots by nin clip which makes me feel the headphones aren't satisfying my needs. BTW I already have hearing damage brought on by infection. I need extra bass which is prolly too much for peeps with normal hearing. Basically I want MORE!!!!!!!! More cowbell, I mean bass...

I've been reading this site, looking up bassy iems and I can't come to a conclusion yet which is OK. ... I have a bit to save up first. I've read DD have the best bass response while BA have more higher freqs by the balls. This leads me to believe a hybrid iem is the way to go. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, another beer calling, cheers fellow iemers :)

I have the ma750 and the t20, since I got the t20 I haven't heard the ma750 until last week, I always think the 750 were bassy and with lack of highs, now I can tell the t20 have more bass, more punch and better control and the treble is way better giving more soundstage, I'm using the treble filters so I guess for you the bass filter would be good.

Sep 19, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #784 of 1,127

I've been reading this site, looking up bassy iems and I can't come to a conclusion yet which is OK. ... I have a bit to save up first. I've read DD have the best bass response while BA have more higher freqs by the balls. This leads me to believe a hybrid iem is the way to go. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, another beer calling, cheers fellow iemers
smily_headphones1.gif

If you can find one, the Aurisonics ASG 2.5 is widely regarded (around here) as the bass-head IEM. There's a Sony that's also rated for it's outstanding performance, and not just in the bass department, but I can't remember which. Again, it's hard to get hold of, though.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #785 of 1,127

Very surprising. The 215SE to me, is not particularly strong in the bass department. Especially deep bass. Even mid bass is meh. I think the roll off at higher frequencies gives the illusion of better bass performance. The 750, t10, and t20, easily outperform it in bass quantity to my ears with the t20 and 750 easily beating it in quality and refinement.

Sep 24, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #787 of 1,127
Hmm.... When I tried the 750s with the same audio settings(tone control and bass boosting amp) I found the se215s to sound better. I'm going to retry when I get a chance in case it's a pebcak.

It may be that you prefer more of an upper bass bump rather than deep bass. There isn't a lot of musical content in the sub to deep bass region. Whatever you enjoy more is the proper choice for you. I much prefer the t20 or 750 to the Shure, but that doesn't invalidate your preference. Enjoy!

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #788 of 1,127
Don't mean to go off from the thread point, but I just checked, again, the se215 put the bass in my face. The 750 just didn't do it. Song reference was "soul on ice" by ice cube. Basically I pit the 750s in, then the shure in and kept the shure in... Half way through the album now... Keep in mind these are 215 are the special edition which claim to have bass tuned.

But hey.. your absolutely right, if what sounds good to you, that's all that's important. I'm thinking actually in the direction of custom molds as I have to resead the seal too much for my liking.

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #790 of 1,127
  Hi,

Sorry if it's a bit off topic, but has anyone heard of the oncoming RHA CL1 ? It feels like a high end T20 with dual transducers and a detachable cable.
I was about to order a T20, but now I wonder if I should wait a few weeks for reviews...

Yep wait for them reviews or try them out yourself when it comes out.
word is that the CL1 requires an amplifier to be able to drive them and RHA has so conveniently came up with a new dac/amp.
and it costs about
£​
150 more than the t20. 
So it depends on your current gear and your budget.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #792 of 1,127
Given the quality (sound and build) of RHA products, I am really excited about the CL1; they seem to have listened again to the thoughts and needs of their potential audience. Iain from RHA is always asking for feedback and it looks as if he is able to use this to brief the engineers. Fantastic!

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #794 of 1,127
You're right about the seam in your pair. In fact both of them are significantly wider than my set. I guess it doesn't hurt anything, but it would bother me. The shell is still completely sealed, correct? If not I could see that causing a lot of problems. And I thought the T20 Shipped With Comply now, as they have a partnership? Was this a recent purchased pair?

Nice writeup too. Clear and concise.

Sep 27, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #795 of 1,127
You're right about the seam in your pair. In fact both of them are significantly wider than my set. I guess it doesn't hurt anything, but it would bother me. The shell is still completely sealed, correct? If not I could see that causing a lot of problems. And I thought the T20 Shipped With Comply now, as they have a partnership? Was this a recent purchased pair?

Nice writeup too. Clear and concise.

Thanks! All I know is that I got my pair as an official review unit straight from RHA, so I assume they sent me whatever is current or currently available.

But it seems like the seal is intact. I would keep these out of the rain just in case though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back