RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Dec 13, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #527 of 1,127
Would the Chord Mojo be overkill as a source/amp for RHA T20?

Tempted to wait for the RHA DACAMP (January?), but need a new source for work since my old Fiio E07K sounds pretty terrible with my new T20s compared to all my other sources.

Andrew.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #528 of 1,127
  Would the Chord Mojo be overkill as a source/amp for RHA T20?

Tempted to wait for the RHA DACAMP (January?), but need a new source for work since my old Fiio E07K sounds pretty terrible with my new T20s compared to all my other sources.

Andrew.

Probably, although I'm sure it would give you excellent sound.  The T20 is pretty easy to drive, despite its specifications,  and I've found it to pair well with everything I've used it with.  My sources aren't nearly at the level of yours, Sansa Clip and Samsung Pro Tab.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #530 of 1,127
Probably, although I'm sure it would give you excellent sound.  The T20 is pretty easy to drive, despite its specifications,  and I've found it to pair well with everything I've used it with.  My sources aren't nearly at the level of yours, Sansa Clip and Samsung Pro Tab.

I'm guessing it's not about driving power. It's whether or not T20 benefits from Mojo power to resolve.

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #531 of 1,127
Hello all, I've been looking at the RHA T20's vs the Sennheiser IE80's for a while now and I'm more confused than ever. I know the IE80's are on sale right now for the same price as the T20's which is a good deal. But, I'm having trouble sorting out all the facts. I listen to all types of music, but mostly from my iPhone or Android. I listen to top 40, country, rock, classical, vocal, but not EDM, trance, metal, etc... For the past 3 years, I've been using Klipsch S4's. They don't get very many great reviews, but I've enjoyed them. Mine don't seem to have the harshness in the treble that Klipsch can have. I also have a pair of Sennheiser Amperior's which I really enjoy! 

There are so many mixed reviews of both the T20's and IE80's that it is hard to comb through all the meaningful info. The fact the IE80's have a ton of problems with a good seal definitely worries me. And there are many reviews on the T20's that say the low end is not great as well. 

I'm looking for a meaningful upgrade to my Klipsch's that can withstand gentle every day use and the occasional stage monitor use. I am I drummer once in a while so a decent isolation would be nice. My ears would appreciate that! :) The reason these 2 are at the top of my list is because they are made for around the ear, which a much prefer. If there is anything else out there in the ~$225-250 range, I'm all ears.... :)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mark

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #532 of 1,127
   I also have a pair of Sennheiser Amperior's which I really enjoy! 

Then you will love the T20.

I have them both, T20 and Amperior and to my ears - the T20 are even better.

I tried the ie80 a few times and while really a great fan of Sennheiser (I have HD650, HD598, Momentum, Amperior, HD25-1, HD650, CX300-II, CX-400-II, CX-800, Momentum on-ear) the T20 are "awesomer" and I prefer them to many other of my in-ears.

Cheers,
K
EDIT: added my history of Sennheiser

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #534 of 1,127
  That is great to hear! I didn't expect that at all, but awesome!

But to be honest: You can't go wrong with both. They are both really good in-ears. I would argue thanks to the exchangeable filters, the T20 is more flexible to adjust to your own preference. While the ie80 has the adjustable bass port but I found it really affecting mostly sub bass. 

Anyhow. My vote goes to the T20. Besides: the customer service of RHA is unmatched and their warranty is very generous as well (3 years).

Cheers,
K

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #535 of 1,127
I do like the 3-year warranty and the stainless steel construction and the accessories and case. I like Sennheiser products, but I'm unsure about the IE80's. The isolation issues bother me most, and haven't seen that issue with the T20's. Thanks for your help!!

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #536 of 1,127

There are so many mixed reviews of both the T20's and IE80's that it is hard to comb through all the meaningful info. The fact the IE80's have a ton of problems with a good seal definitely worries me. And there are many reviews on the T20's that say the low end is not great as well. 

I'm looking for a meaningful upgrade to my Klipsch's that can withstand gentle every day use and the occasional stage monitor use. I am I drummer once in a while so a decent isolation would be nice. My ears would appreciate that! :) The reason these 2 are at the top of my list is because they are made for around the ear, which a much prefer. If there is anything else out there in the ~$225-250 range, I'm all ears.... :)

Mark

ahh thats better, much more info.

firstly the IE8 /80 dont have problems getting a seal, they are supposed to have a very gently seal which is very ususual as most things this is not the case.

however if your going to be using now and a gain for situation that mean iso matters then youve just trown the balance over to the T20.  they might comparativly sound a little mero mid forward than your used to but the IE senns suck at iso, well not suck as ise is neither a good nor a bad thing any more than sweet is better than salty tehy are just different. 

that said for stage monitar use, i cant see the 80's doing well in that roll at all.  however  since you mentoned the DN-2000 too, well they are more monitor like, the T20 are likely to be closer to what your used to with your S4's in terms of liveliness and fun.

phisically though the T20 would be botter at stage, in your ear, hidden from view if thats a factor?  the 200 would stick out a bit.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #537 of 1,127
Thanks for the quick reply! If anyone is confused who the DN2000's came about, we had a prior, short, twitter conversation. It wasn't completely out of the blue! 

Anywho, I agree, I don't think the IE80's would work too well to for stage monitor use, even once in a while. I do like the design and shape of the T20's better. The remind me of typical in-ear monitor I've used in the past. 

You all are doing a good job at swaying me towards the T20's. 

Thanks!

Dec 15, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #538 of 1,127
  Hello all, I've been looking at the RHA T20's vs the Sennheiser IE80's for a while now and I'm more confused than ever. I know the IE80's are on sale right now for the same price as the T20's which is a good deal. But, I'm having trouble sorting out all the facts. I listen to all types of music, but mostly from my iPhone or Android. I listen to top 40, country, rock, classical, vocal, but not EDM, trance, metal, etc... For the past 3 years, I've been using Klipsch S4's. They don't get very many great reviews, but I've enjoyed them. Mine don't seem to have the harshness in the treble that Klipsch can have. I also have a pair of Sennheiser Amperior's which I really enjoy! 

Mark

The low end on the T20  is not lacking in any way, IMO.  It extends deep, has good impact, and is quick.  In addition, they seal well and  are very comfortable.  I have never heard the IE80, but I don't think you'd be disappointed by the T20.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #540 of 1,127
In a different thread, I was recommended the Fidue A73's as well. A bit cheaper, and a hybrid, but I haven't been able to find too much info on them besides that the people that have them seem to like them. Anyone here have experience with the A73's and the T20's. If not, then I may take the plunge with the T20's and not look back! haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back