RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Dec 6, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #511 of 1,127

I'm using the balanced and treble filter. 

I see. 

I'm thinking maybe my pair is defective (because of a faulty jack or something). Let's do a test!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjeFZuzD8w

Listen to this song and tell me what you hear at around 1:30. I hear SO MUCH BASS GUITAR THAT I'M like WTH! Poor Seal is at the back trying to compete with the bass guitar.

Hmmm... I do not hear that. I am using the treble filters on the T20. I tried the same song with Beyerdynamic T51p and even with T5p the bass is present. So I would not blame the T20. It sounds like Seal intended it to sound like this.

I still enjoy my T20 for a lot of different genres. They offer a plenty of listening pleasure for me. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #512 of 1,127
Has anyone tried the t20 with fiio? (Fiio x1?) im thinking about getting the t20 next as a lower ohm iem (I have the x11i klipsch at 50ohms) but without a fiio amp, it handles my lower ohm klipsch better.

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #513 of 1,127
Has anyone tried the t20 with fiio? (Fiio x1?) im thinking about getting the t20 next as a lower ohm iem (I have the x11i klipsch at 50ohms) but without a fiio amp, it handles my lower ohm klipsch better.

Just FYI - the Klipsch may be 50 ohms, but it is 110 dB sensitivity.  Your X1 will drive it with no issues.  From your other thread - and seeing you want more bass - then the T20 is a good choice.  You could also check out the Alclair Curve.

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #517 of 1,127
So, I stop by an Apple Store today to audition the t20. Sound very good but I can't get it still stay in my ears. The memory is terrible compared to the ma750. I keep getting distracted fighting the memory wire and holding buds into place. Oh well...

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #518 of 1,127
So, I stop by an Apple Store today to audition the t20. Sound very good but I can't get it still stay in my ears. The memory is terrible compared to the ma750. I keep getting distracted fighting the memory wire and holding buds into place. Oh well...

We're all so different. For my part, I couldn't get the MA750 to stay in worth a darn. T20 however stay in pretty well. And sound better 
L3000.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #519 of 1,127

The memory wire can be troublesome at first.  Best thing to do it just get the phones inserted and sealed, then hold the phone in place and bend the wire so it hugs your ear.  The wire is pretty stiff, but once you fit it, it will stay that way, and from then on inserting the phone will be very easy.  When fitted this way, the T20 just disappears in your ear and you don't even feel it.

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #520 of 1,127
Speaking of the memory wire, the memory wire attached to the left earpiece snapped two days ago. The internal wire is fine, as audio still plays evenly, but since there's no support for that, it's only a matter of time before that goes as well. Has anyone else had this problem?

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #521 of 1,127
Speaking of the memory wire, the memory wire attached to the left earpiece snapped two days ago. The internal wire is fine, as audio still plays evenly, but since there's no support for that, it's only a matter of time before that goes as well. Has anyone else had this problem?

Do you mean the jacketing of the wire split open?  That's pretty surprising.  I would take advantage of the 3 year warranty. It might work fine for a long time even with the crack, but might as well get them repaired (exchanged more likely).  RHA has great service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back