RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #406 of 474
IE 80's are not as warm but have a lot of the same bass and sub-bass. To my ears they give a better representation of music as the T10's are dark even with the neutral filters.
I've owned both, IE80's are also dark but not nearly as much.

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #407 of 474
Just a side note, I am trying these currently with the samsung s5 earphone eartips M size, and they seem to bring out the clarity exceptionally well.

Ill see if I can find a comparable eartip, since I haven't found anywhere that sells these individually

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #408 of 474
I agree, the sound of the included tips is great.  I'm using the Bi-flange tips, and I really love the sound. 

On a side note, I just bought a Cozoy Astrapi for use with my T10i's and my Samsung S5, I'll use it around the house, maybe buy a short OTG cable if I really love it, otherwise it will stay home for use, as I'm not a fan of extra cables and bulk while walking around.  But we'll see, I hope that it pairs well with PowerAmp and my T10i's.  Should be a fun little experiment.

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #409 of 474
I picked up a pair and wrote some impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/763372/picked-up-rha-t10i-my-impressions

TLDR:

Good Bass, but too much bass so an overkill. Vocals sound strange. I thought they were just okay. Not worth it for me, but I would buy and keep them at a lower price.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #410 of 474
Lol, I think we are both following 2 same threads!

The Bi flanges fit best IMO, but something about the small flange doesnt agree with my right ear. So I use sony hybrid M size now (the samsung tips made the sound really special though)

@comfortPlox

If they are too bassy, I would recommend switching to the treble filters with a wide bore tip paired as well (wider than the stock)

I found some samsung stock eartips (can get 2 packs of the s/m/l with IEMs for $10 on amazon, must be the right version though), and they really open up the top end. If you havent returned the T10s yet, perhaps you could give this setup a try? Its the least bassy setup I think I could find (also found that longer tips muddy up the sound, like triple flanges)

Idk if I can post amazon link on here, but if anyone wants to try the tips lemme know and I'll try to direct you to them (figured $10 wasnt too bad!)

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #411 of 474
I'll give the Samsung tips that came with my S5 a test later.  I tried the included tips that came with the RHA's, and couldn't get a good seal with the single flange tips.  That's why I'm using the Bi-flange tips.  For me, I get a much better seal.

LOL, you following the Cozoy Astrapi thread too?  I'm really interested in what that little powerhouse can do for these IEM's.  I like the sound from my phone with them, as they are pretty sensitive already, but I miss the control of the lower end that the X3 gave me.  But I don't want to carry two devices with me.  I hated when I was listening to music, that I would miss calls or texts.  So I hope the Astrapi does it for me.

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #412 of 474
Hello guys n girls im back with more impression, i'm currently using the bass filters on the T10i but i've changed my eq as I reduced the bass but brought everything else higher. It actually sounds really really really good, it still has that heavy punchy bass but it rumbles like crazy and the mids and highs are not being hurt, everyday I get to love these more and more :heart_eyes: thats how my current eq is with the bass filter :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #413 of 474
Lol, I think we are both following 2 same threads!

The Bi flanges fit best IMO, but something about the small flange doesnt agree with my right ear. So I use sony hybrid M size now (the samsung tips made the sound really special though)

@comfortPlox

If they are too bassy, I would recommend switching to the treble filters with a wide bore tip paired as well (wider than the stock)

I found some samsung stock eartips (can get 2 packs of the s/m/l with IEMs for $10 on amazon, must be the right version though), and they really open up the top end. If you havent returned the T10s yet, perhaps you could give this setup a try? Its the least bassy setup I think I could find (also found that longer tips muddy up the sound, like triple flanges)

Idk if I can post amazon link on here, but if anyone wants to try the tips lemme know and I'll try to direct you to them (figured $10 wasnt too bad!)

Thanks for your comment. I still have my t10i. I am hoping I'll like it, but so far it gets worse the more I listen to it. At first, I thought they were very comfortable, but after long listening sessions the stainless steel housing feels too heavy for my ears so I experience some discomfort. It's not much of a problem. For me, it's the sound. Every time I listen to them, they sound worse. The bass is overpowered, but It's the vocals mainly. I don't like it at all. I will most probably be returning them. I would try the ear tips you suggested, but there are too many cons for me to keep or recommend them.

Sound is subjective though, and I know some people enjoy them very much.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #414 of 474
I remember posting a very negative impression the last time and, after quite a few people telling me something was wrong with my gear ( or ears ), I said I'd post another impression after listening to it again.

I did that just yesterday.

Okay... no weird distortion this time... but I think it's cos I did not crank up the volume to level out the mids to acceptable volumes. To be fair, I will not post an in depth review as I took them out a few minutes after putting them in. The bass was so excessive , my canals were hurting. That never happened before.

Anyways, whether you choose to read this or not, I'm out. Thought I'd buy this some day but not anymore.

Sean.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #415 of 474
I remember posting a very negative impression the last time and, after quite a few people telling me something was wrong with my gear ( or ears ), I said I'd post another impression after listening to it again.

I did that just yesterday.

Okay... no weird distortion this time... but I think it's cos I did not crank up the volume to level out the mids to acceptable volumes. To be fair, I will not post an in depth review as I took them out a few minutes after putting them in. The bass was so excessive , my canals were hurting. That never happened before.

Anyways, whether you choose to read this or not, I'm out. Thought I'd buy this some day but not anymore.

Sean.

Hey. I think I spoke to you in the sd2/sd3 thread. I am still considering tdk ba200.

For me, the RHA t10i are overpowering. I considered myself a bass head, but this was too bassy. Also, the vocals sound clouded almost through a veil or something. They are smooth, but sound dark. I don't like it. Especially in combination with the overpowering bass. I don't experience any distortion. Cranking it up would probably hurt my canals as well lol. So much potential gone to waste. I will be interested in the next pair RHA decides to bring. I hope they fix the sound quality. I hear the ma750 sound good so they are capable of making some good sounding IEMs.

Sorry I don't want to hate or anything. It's just my own opinion. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #416 of 474
Sorry to hear the T10s aren't working for you guys :/

Perhaps you could try the 750s? I think those appeal to a much wider audiophile audience. Havent tried them personally though, so I can't list any comparisons, but they might work!

Idk, maybe I am not as much of an audio purist that I thought I was, but these T10s are really rocking! They work extremely well for the genres of music I listen to (everything but country ezssentially)

Hopefully you guys find something that works for you

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #417 of 474
Hey. I think I spoke to you in the sd2/sd3 thread. I am still considering tdk ba200.

For me, the RHA t10i are overpowering. I considered myself a bass head, but this was too bassy. Also, the vocals sound clouded almost through a veil or something. They are smooth, but sound dark. I don't like it. Especially in combination with the overpowering bass. I don't experience any distortion. Cranking it up would probably hurt my canals as well lol. So much potential gone to waste. I will be interested in the next pair RHA decides to bring. I hope they fix the sound quality. I hear the ma750 sound good so they are capable of making some good sounding IEMs.

Sorry I don't want to hate or anything. It's just my own opinion. 

Yes it was me. Nah its our own opinions to voice. that's why it's called a forum. Not a cult.

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #418 of 474
Wait a minute....one last try.....what setup are you guys using?

What source, and what eartips?

Apr 23, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #420 of 474
Whew...that is one sweet setup

Have you tried it through a low powered DAP alone, such as a phone, clip, or laptop? I don't have much evidence backing this, but every true dynamic driver IEM I have used in the past (I say true, because shure se215's piddly little microdriver with no sub bass doesnt count) sounds best through a source like the clip. Examples include Klipsch s4, Meelectronics M6 Pro, Sony Xb50s, TTPod T1Es, and these T10s. Only higher end BA I used was westone W3, and those sounded better with amp, but they were still not exciting enough.

I don't have much experience with high end equipment such as yours (X5 and vacuum amp?!), so hopefully someone who has similar equipment can comment. I would say, try it out of a pure, weak source first with wider bore eartips, and hope for the best! I hope it works, so you don't have to go through that returning hassle.

I am really curioud though, something about the samsung s5 stock eartips makes it sound quite unlike any of the other eartips, in terms of detail and energy. Sony hybrids, stock double flanges, and random ones all seem to change the sound marginally, but the s5 eartips change it by a little bit more. Not sure where I am going with that, but good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back