RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #391 of 474
  Is this IEM a good value for money?

If you like bass, then this is THE iem you want to get!
Price to value ratio for the build and filter changing system is definitely one of the best there is!! 

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #393 of 474
  If you like Stainless Steel construction, flexible yet well holding ear loops, thick cables, great strain reliefs, and a tunable sound, then yes.  If you don't value any of those things, then maybe look at Shure or Westone with their plastic construction.  

I am actually considering these IEMS or Shure se425. I know these will have way more bass compared to the neutral sounding earphones. RHA t10 doesn't have detachable cables which is a concern, and has either a like it or hate it sound signature.

Apr 13, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #394 of 474
I am actually considering these IEMS or Shure se425. I know these will have way more bass compared to the neutral sounding earphones. RHA t10 doesn't have detachable cables which is a concern, and has either a like it or hate it sound signature.

Well, as you said, it's a love it or hate it sound signature. My best suggestion then would be to buy them from a website like Amazon, with a generous return policy, and try them yourself. As for the detachable cable, the cable going into these is very strong, and I can't see the worry about them going bad at that point. And I've never believed in cables changing sound signatures. YMMV.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #395 of 474
Well, as you said, it's a love it or hate it sound signature. My best suggestion then would be to buy them from a website like Amazon, with a generous return policy, and try them yourself. As for the detachable cable, the cable going into these is very strong, and I can't see the worry about them going bad at that point. And I've never believed in cables changing sound signatures. YMMV.

Apple store might have a return policy. I'll give it a visit.

Apr 13, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #396 of 474
I would say, unless you need ultimate isolation without forcefully taking your ear's virginity Etymotic style, or you absolutely die for mids and hate bass, go for 425s.

Otherwise, T10s are the way to go! :)

Also, detachable cables don't really make much of a difference IMO. Unless you get your IEMs snagged or bent sharply frequently, they arent useful. I can assure you that the T10s have some stellar strain reliefs. Lastly, detachables are no good if you exercise with them in, since the sweat destroys metal (had se215s, which were decent. But the right side eventually began cutting out. I popped the cable out, and saw the inside was partially green in areas.

Apr 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #397 of 474
I would say, unless you need ultimate isolation without forcefully taking your ear's virginity Etymotic style, or you absolutely die for mids and hate bass, go for 425s.

Otherwise, T10s are the way to go!
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, detachable cables don't really make much of a difference IMO. Unless you get your IEMs snagged or bent sharply frequently, they arent useful. I can assure you that the T10s have some stellar strain reliefs. Lastly, detachables are no good if you exercise with them in, since the sweat destroys metal (had se215s, which were decent. But the right side eventually began cutting out. I popped the cable out, and saw the inside was partially green in areas.

Do you like the RHA t10s better than se215? I am currently upgrading from those IEMS.

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #399 of 474
Oh MAN I could list 50 reasons why the T10s are better that the se215s! I'll give you a detailed breakdown of preferences so I don't mislead you.

Here is some background to see if your tastes align:
I like any music aside from country. Mainly electro house/orchestral. Some of my favorite artists are The Glitch Mob, Two Steps From Hell, Savant, and Lindsey Stirling. I like legit sub bass rumble, powerful mid bass that doesnt muddy anything up, and mids and highs that portray sufficient detail, but don't dissect the music (I am looking at the BAs here, like Westone W3. Those were excellent, but not if you wanted to truly have fun with your music).

So, some comparisons (I still have both) RHA T10 (Double flanges, treble filters) vs Se215:

Sub bass (Test songs: Dark Ages by Two Steps from Hell, X-rated by Excision (bass freak song))
T10 - Powerful. Impactful. Unstoppable. Brute power here, truly makes your head rumble. Supremely satisfying. Can tone it down with si gle flange tips, or you can turn up with the bass filters
Se215 - Weak, I would go so far as to say nonexistent. I cranked up the volume of Dark Ages all the way, and it was rumbleless, pitiful. It sounded so flat and dull, I may have yawned a few times. Lame.

Mid bass (Test songs: Greyhound by Swedish house mafia (2:20-3:20))
On both, it was very lively. T10s sounded cleaner, while se215s sounded warmer, but muddier.

Mids (Test songs: Shatter me by Lindsey Stirling, Burn by Ellis Goulding)
T10s were surprisingly exceptional here, especially with Burn. The vocals just sounded so....intimate, and fluid. Very clear as well.
Se215s were somewhat muddy, which took away from the enjoyment a little. They did sound best here in my opinion though, albeit somewhat dull, strangely enough.

Highs (Test song: To Glory by Two Steps from Hell)
Highs on the T10 were a bit more pronounced in general (treble filters though) , but never sibilant. Se215s had a weird fuzzy sharp sound at high volumes. Highs were superior on the T10s, which comemented its superior clarity.

Comfort: both excellent, edge goes to T10i for not sliding out of my apparently alien ears.

Build: both excellent, edge to T10s for steel shells and better feeling cable. Longevity isn't an issue for either (though the Se215 MMCX connectors began acting up after about 18 months)

Looks: T10s. Also, their presentation in the box is breathtaking, and I usually don't get giddy about packaging.

TL;DR
I must say, comparing both sound sigs as a whole, I cound the se215 to be very lackluster no matter what I threw at it. The signature was just dull. Lack of sub bass and weak highs are perhaps most attributable to their muddy, dull sound. T10s bring your music to life. Not to mention they are easy to drive! I would rate the se215s a 6/10 for sound and the T10s a 10, but JUST for my personal preferences.

Only benefit se215s have are isolation, and would be better for smaller ears, but aside from that they are quite weak. Though to be fair, they are 1/2 the cost.

My recommendation? T10s (not T10i's, cause T10s have free range cable cinch). The sound is really incredible, even without burn in. The bass is incredible addictive, thee highs clear everything up, and the mids are liquid and very enjoyable. Not to mention the build, fit, and 3 year warranty. I hope I don't sound like I am overhyping, but this is how I feel they are compared to my previous IEMs.

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #400 of 474
Oh MAN I could list 50 reasons why the T10s are better that the se215s! I'll give you a detailed breakdown of preferences so I don't mislead you.

Here is some background to see if your tastes align:
I like any music aside from country. Mainly electro house/orchestral. Some of my favorite artists are The Glitch Mob, Two Steps From Hell, Savant, and Lindsey Stirling. I like legit sub bass rumble, powerful mid bass that doesnt muddy anything up, and mids and highs that portray sufficient detail, but don't dissect the music (I am looking at the BAs here, like Westone W3. Those were excellent, but not if you wanted to truly have fun with your music).

So, some comparisons (I still have both) RHA T10 (Double flanges, treble filters) vs Se215:

Sub bass (Test songs: Dark Ages by Two Steps from Hell, X-rated by Excision (bass freak song))
T10 - Powerful. Impactful. Unstoppable. Brute power here, truly makes your head rumble. Supremely satisfying. Can tone it down with si gle flange tips, or you can turn up with the bass filters
Se215 - Weak, I would go so far as to say nonexistent. I cranked up the volume of Dark Ages all the way, and it was rumbleless, pitiful. It sounded so flat and dull, I may have yawned a few times. Lame.

Mid bass (Test songs: Greyhound by Swedish house mafia (2:20-3:20))
On both, it was very lively. T10s sounded cleaner, while se215s sounded warmer, but muddier.

Mids (Test songs: Shatter me by Lindsey Stirling, Burn by Ellis Goulding)
T10s were surprisingly exceptional here, especially with Burn. The vocals just sounded so....intimate, and fluid. Very clear as well.
Se215s were somewhat muddy, which took away from the enjoyment a little. They did sound best here in my opinion though, albeit somewhat dull, strangely enough.

Highs (Test song: To Glory by Two Steps from Hell)
Highs on the T10 were a bit more pronounced in general (treble filters though) , but never sibilant. Se215s had a weird fuzzy sharp sound at high volumes. Highs were superior on the T10s, which comemented its superior clarity.

Comfort: both excellent, edge goes to T10i for not sliding out of my apparently alien ears.

Build: both excellent, edge to T10s for steel shells and better feeling cable. Longevity isn't an issue for either (though the Se215 MMCX connectors began acting up after about 18 months)

Looks: T10s. Also, their presentation in the box is breathtaking, and I usually don't get giddy about packaging.

TL;DR
I must say, comparing both sound sigs as a whole, I cound the se215 to be very lackluster no matter what I threw at it. The signature was just dull. Lack of sub bass and weak highs are perhaps most attributable to their muddy, dull sound. T10s bring your music to life. Not to mention they are easy to drive! I would rate the se215s a 6/10 for sound and the T10s a 10, but JUST for my personal preferences.

Only benefit se215s have are isolation, and would be better for smaller ears, but aside from that they are quite weak. Though to be fair, they are 1/2 the cost.

My recommendation? T10s (not T10i's, cause T10s have free range cable cinch). The sound is really incredible, even without burn in. The bass is incredible addictive, thee highs clear everything up, and the mids are liquid and very enjoyable. Not to mention the build, fit, and 3 year warranty. I hope I don't sound like I am overhyping, but this is how I feel they are compared to my previous IEMs.

Thanks for your very detailed review. Here is how my journey began. I started with the Sennheiser Over Ear Momentums. These were amazing, but as being over ear, not portable enough for my use. I got them on sale too, which was great. After deciding I needed something portable, I looked into high quality IEMS. The first I tried was Shure se215. I loved the fit and comfort so much, and I thought this was the one. At first, the sound did not impress me as much, but ofcourse I came from Sennheiser Over Ear Momentums so I took that into account. Some say break in is a myth, and it might be, but I experienced a pretty big difference with break in. I let them sit playing music for around 30 hours with white noise, brown noise, pink noise, and my favorite genre of music, and to me the bass became much more profound. The highs still didn't change much. Neither did the mids, but I didn't think it was a problem to begin with. So I'm not really an audiophile, I can't tell what was missing with the se215. I think the bass was still lacking and ofcourse the highs, but i don't know how much I care for highs. 

Anyway, I sold my se215, but because of the fit and comfort I am still considering Shure earphones. Possibly the se215 ltd, which is supposed to have more bass and can be found for around $130. I stopped by the Apple store to try the RHA t10i. I only listened to it for a couple of minutes with music I didn't really like (I used their phones to play music as my phone had died). First thing I noticed was the comfort. These are more comfortable to me than the Shure se215. They feel so great, and that is a huge factor for me (hence the name lol). I am not really into the hobby per se. I do like nice quality earphones, but I don't keep more than one pair, because it's too pricey for me which brings me to the price. I just can't justify spending $216 (after tax) on a pair of ear buds. If i can find them for $170 online, I will buy them in a heartbeat otherwise I may end up with the small upgrade that the ltd has to offer which may not suit my needs.

Thanks for your detailed review. I really appreciate you taking the time to list out everything. I could not get a good listen of the RHA t10s, but the comfort was great and if they really sound better than the se215, you certainly made my decision easier. I listen to EDM so I am sure it will fit my music taste.

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #402 of 474
I did consider the se215 LTDs actually (they look sweet!!), but based off of the reviews they still wouldnt be any less muddy than the original ones. Also, you got a pretty nice start with the Momentums! Better than S4s lol

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the T10s! I listen to EDM too, and they fit my tastes perfectly

Would you be able to list what you didn't like about them? Also, considering your budget, perhaps you could look into the pioneer DJE 1500s? The reviews seem interesting, and only $160

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #403 of 474

Thanks for your very detailed review. Here is how my journey began. I started with the Sennheiser Over Ear Momentums. These were amazing, but as being over ear, not portable enough for my use. I got them on sale too, which was great. After deciding I needed something portable, I looked into high quality IEMS. The first I tried was Shure se215. I loved the fit and comfort so much, and I thought this was the one. At first, the sound did not impress me as much, but ofcourse I came from Sennheiser Over Ear Momentums so I took that into account. Some say break in is a myth, and it might be, but I experienced a pretty big difference with break in. I let them sit playing music for around 30 hours with white noise, brown noise, pink noise, and my favorite genre of music, and to me the bass became much more profound. The highs still didn't change much. Neither did the mids, but I didn't think it was a problem to begin with. So I'm not really an audiophile, I can't tell what was missing with the se215. I think the bass was still lacking and ofcourse the highs, but i don't know how much I care for highs. 

Anyway, I sold my se215, but because of the fit and comfort I am still considering Shure earphones. Possibly the se215 ltd, which is supposed to have more bass and can be found for around $130. I stopped by the Apple store to try the RHA t10i. I only listened to it for a couple of minutes with music I didn't really like (I used their phones to play music as my phone had died). First thing I noticed was the comfort. These are more comfortable to me than the Shure se215. They feel so great, and that is a huge factor for me (hence the name lol). I am not really into the hobby per se. I do like nice quality earphones, but I don't keep more than one pair, because it's too pricey for me which brings me to the price. I just can't justify spending $216 (after tax) on a pair of ear buds. If i can find them for $170 online, I will buy them in a heartbeat otherwise I may end up with the small upgrade that the ltd has to offer which may not suit my needs.

Thanks for your detailed review. I really appreciate you taking the time to list out everything. I could not get a good listen of the RHA t10s, but the comfort was great and if they really sound better than the se215, you certainly made my decision easier. I listen to EDM so I am sure it will fit my music taste.

The T10/T10i are absolutely ace for EDM and synth music generally. Enjoy them if you decide to pull the trigger!

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #404 of 474
I did consider the se215 LTDs actually (they look sweet!!), but based off of the reviews they still wouldnt be any less muddy than the original ones. Also, you got a pretty nice start with the Momentums! Better than S4s lol

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the T10s! I listen to EDM too, and they fit my tastes perfectly

Would you be able to list what you didn't like about them? Also, considering your budget, perhaps you could look into the pioneer DJE 1500s? The reviews seem interesting, and only $160

Sorry let me rephrase. I didn't mean to say I didn't enjoy the t10s. I just didn't get a good listen. My phone died so I played a couple songs from the pre loaded iphone at the store. It wasn't that I didn't like them. I just couldn't really tell, because I didn't get a chance to listen to my type of music. As for the pioneer DJE 1500s, I will look at them, but once again as my name states, I really need something comfortable. So far Shure and t10s fit really well. Most other IEMS feel like they insert too deep. The t10s are $189 on the RHA website so I'm still really considering them, but as I said if I find them for $160 or $170, I will definitely make the purchase!

That's so cool that RHA responded to my comment. I am definitely looking into getting the t10s! 

Apr 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #405 of 474
Are they have the same soundsignarure as the IE80 ? 

I can't say, as I've never had the IE80's. Buy from reviews, they are a "V" shaped sound, and in my experience, the T10i's are so much more. With 3 filters for tuning the sound, and now I'm using the included double flange tips, they are comfortable, tunable, and respond well to EQing. I also love the stainless steel construction, sturdy strain reliefs, and overall build quality. You wouldn't regret the purchase IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back