RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #421 of 474
I've actually tried it with a low powered setup. I don't have any fancy audio equipment. I just have my Macbook and Iphone 5. Sound quality doesn't change much. Slightly more bass heavy with my iphone 5. It could have something to do with the OS I have on my mac though. I don't even use an EQ, although maybe I should start.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #422 of 474
Whew...that is one sweet setup

Have you tried it through a low powered DAP alone, such as a phone, clip, or laptop? I don't have much evidence backing this, but every true dynamic driver IEM I have used in the past (I say true, because shure se215's piddly little microdriver with no sub bass doesnt count) sounds best through a source like the clip. Examples include Klipsch s4, Meelectronics M6 Pro, Sony Xb50s, TTPod T1Es, and these T10s. Only higher end BA I used was westone W3, and those sounded better with amp, but they were still not exciting enough.

I don't have much experience with high end equipment such as yours (X5 and vacuum amp?!), so hopefully someone who has similar equipment can comment. I would say, try it out of a pure, weak source first with wider bore eartips, and hope for the best! I hope it works, so you don't have to go through that returning hassle.

I am really curioud though, something about the samsung s5 stock eartips makes it sound quite unlike any of the other eartips, in terms of detail and energy. Sony hybrids, stock double flanges, and random ones all seem to change the sound marginally, but the s5 eartips change it by a little bit more. Not sure where I am going with that, but good luck!

My previous impressions were using solely my X5

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #425 of 474
Another update:

With the samsung S5 IEM size small eartips, these fit perfectly. The mediums were ok, but slid out of my ear over time.

With this new setup:
The IEMs stay in place. They even pass the gum-chewing test on both sides
Nice insertion depth, can definitely sleep
Sound is excellent, I think the material samsung eartips are made out of really brings out the energy
Isolation is about an 8/10 when compared to that of the stock tips, an 8.5/10. Perhaps this is due to the material as well.

Here is the number for the IEMs with which these excellent eartips are from:
Samsung EO-EG900BW

You can get a pack of 2 of these, with the s/m/l, for $10. The large is shaped strangely however, but might work for somebody!

Also, the seal is definitely there, since as I was typing that last sentence a super sub bassy part of a song just played and it sounded like a racecar slowing down....EPIC

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #426 of 474
I tried my S5 tips, and while I agree they bring out the mids and highs, I still prefer my Bi-flange tips for bass reproduction. The seal and isolation is good, but again, the bi-flange win here. I'm happy that you found something that works for you, but I'm sticking to my setup. Just goes to show, we all hear differently.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #427 of 474
True that! And yeah, I do agree that the bi flanges do isolate better. I actually did try some triple flange tips (I believe they were from the M6 Pros). They felt like needles in my ears since the tips were cut strangely, but the isolation was terrific (as it should be if you are shoving that much rubber in your ear...*cough*Etymotic*cough*). However it muddied up the sound, oddly enough, so it didn't work too well.

Glad you found a setup that works for you!

May 6, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #429 of 474
So I've been debating whether I should get these or another headphone...I definitely like a lot of bass in my music, but i wanted a pair with relatively good isolation. Would these do the job? And if you have any other suggestions please tell me. Thanks

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #431 of 474
Hey guys, I'm SUPER new here but I've been reading reviews on these headphones and they vary tremendously!!!

I am a musician and I'm looking for great in ears with decent bass( I'm a bass player) and not looking to spend over $200. Would you recommend these? I've been using the original M50 headphones and I like them a lot, it wouldn't hurt for them to have a little more bass, but other than that and the size of them I'd like to have something that sounds similar...

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #432 of 474
I would have to say based on what you want the newer model T20 would give you a closer sound signature or go with the older 750 model if your budget won't allow for the T20.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #435 of 474
Warning: The 3.5mm connector at the end can break. I've only had mine 4 days and am overall pretty impressed, but took them out of my pocket this morning to find the plug split in half, bent at 45 degrees or so. Was able to bend it back to 10 degrees, but now I have to worry about it breaking off inside of my devices. Also, RHA wasn't willing to help since it wasn't purchased from an authorized retailer. So if you're carrying these around a bunch, I strongly recommend a hard shell case or right angle adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back