RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #451 of 474
Hi guys,

I bought rha t10i recently after reading a lot of reviews compaired them with t20i, a choice that don't matter with cash, but obviously for their caracteristics...

I'm new on the audiophilia planet...and understand just a few things about it...

I'd ask you wich could be the most relevant DAP for these "badboys" IEM??
Anything around 4-500 dollars/euro.

Would match better fiio or Ibasso? Or anything else...
Thanks in advance0

Either choice the Fiio And iBasso would be perfect. I've owned the Fiio X3ii and the X5ii and currently own the iBasso DX80, the T10's sound fantastic with all of the above. I personally feel like the soundstage is just a little wider and clearer on the DX80. In my usage, the DX80 due to the implementation of the Dual CS4398 provides a better presentation of the music with a certain ease. The explanation I give, is a lawnmower can reach 40 mph, however, it's going to be putting a lot of stain on itself. Where as a Porsche Boxster will also do 40, but do it with grace and style. The Fiio X5ii in my opinion is on the same par as the DX80, just depends on whether you want a touchscreen or scroll wheel. Each is very effective in its implementation.
Last note, the T10's tend to have a thick, full dense sound. So it works out very well with the flat eq response of the X5ii. The X3ii is a little warmer than the X5ii, so it will give you that extra beefiness you may like or perhaps give you too much.. Either way, I prefer the meaty sound due to pianos and cellos sounding fuller more organic. In person, the piano and cello should sound thunderous! If the IEMs you're using are lacking in the bass region the translation is lost. In my opinion, the DX80 just has the better "Jack of all trades" for the price range. However, be mindful of a couple of Firmware issues that are still being ironed out. As the DX80 is still a relatively new product and OS for iBasso. Where as Fiio has had more time to polish their OS Firmware.
I personally have no experience with the DX50 or DX90, but a lot of people generally love their DX90's, because of the Dual Sabre DAC chips. Not a bad reason to love it honestly.. Lol..

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #452 of 474
Either choice the Fiio And iBasso would be perfect. I've owned the Fiio X3ii and the X5ii and currently own the iBasso DX80, the T10's sound fantastic with all of the above. I personally feel like the soundstage is just a little wider and clearer on the DX80. In my usage, the DX80 due to the implementation of the Dual CS4398 provides a better presentation of the music with a certain ease. The explanation I give, is a lawnmower can reach 40 mph, however, it's going to be putting a lot of stain on itself. Where as a Porsche Boxster will also do 40, but do it with grace and style. The Fiio X5ii in my opinion is on the same par as the DX80, just depends on whether you want a touchscreen or scroll wheel. Each is very effective in its implementation.
Last note, the T10's tend to have a thick, full dense sound. So it works out very well with the flat eq response of the X5ii. The X3ii is a little warmer than the X5ii, so it will give you that extra beefiness you may like or perhaps give you too much.. Either way, I prefer the meaty sound due to pianos and cellos sounding fuller more organic. In person, the piano and cello should sound thunderous! If the IEMs you're using are lacking in the bass region the translation is lost. In my opinion, the DX80 just has the better "Jack of all trades" for the price range. However, be mindful of a couple of Firmware issues that are still being ironed out. As the DX80 is still a relatively new product and OS for iBasso. Where as Fiio has had more time to polish their OS Firmware.
I personally have no experience with the DX50 or DX90, but a lot of people generally love their DX90's, because of the Dual Sabre DAC chips. Not a bad reason to love it honestly.. Lol..

Yo bro' thanks a lot. Nice answer:grinning:

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #453 of 474
Is the t10/t20 case ok for very small ears?
The westone 4r i have for example is perfect. How does the casing compares?

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #454 of 474
Is the t10/t20 case ok for very small ears?
The westone 4r i have for example is perfect. How does the casing compares?

If you're a 10 year old like my daughter, yes they are too large.. If your an average adult, they would just right.. If you're a tall human being, 7ft+ these might be too small for you.. Lol

All joking aside.. My uses my T10's from time to time, she's 5ft 1 and half inches (every bit counts, her words not mine, lol) and she has no issues whatsoever.. Hope this helps.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #456 of 474
If you're a 10 year old like my daughter, yes they are too large.. If your an average adult, they would just right.. If you're a tall human being, 7ft+ these might be too small for you.. Lol

All joking aside.. My uses my T10's from time to time, she's 5ft 1 and half inches (every bit counts, her words not mine, lol) and she has no issues whatsoever.. Hope this helps.

Heheh not sure if my ears are larger than a 10year old hehehe. My girlfriend has way bigger ears than me.

I asked because in the review and images it seems like a big iem (with similar case design of course)

Thanks

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #457 of 474
Heheh not sure if my ears are larger than a 10year old hehehe. My girlfriend has way bigger ears than me.

I asked because in the review and images it seems like a big iem (with similar case design of course)

Thanks

Ah okay, I gotcha.. No, they are not big at all. The housing looks big, but it just rests in your ear which is generally fairly large.. the ear canal is the section of the ear that isn't large, and for that, the T10 and T20 is average size. 

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #458 of 474

Thanks for taking the time to post this. it seems almost the same (plus a bit..) with my 4Rs.
Just for fun I found one photo with me using the 4Rs... (I also found photos of my ear from an older post in the headFi library LOL, its a constant worry for me)
There is no space behind the IEM, you can fit another one easily :) pif... size does matter in IEMs too :p 

LOL :)

May 7, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #459 of 474
Does anyone know if demo rha t10s exist anywhere in Britain? I would love to listen to these before buying but in Lincolnshire ( especially out in the sticks ) its hard to find any apple stores . Superfi are in Lincoln but they dont demo iems. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #460 of 474
Just purchased these, the non i version, and they should be with me in a few days. I am excited and a little nervous.
My wife has brought me the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1s as a Christmas present and I wanted to get a bass heavy IEM to compliment it.
I never considered myself much of a bass person but all my headphones are bass monsters and it kind of took me by surprise.
The one thing I thought was lacking in the P1s was a thumping bass.

I am a little nervous because I brought a like new pair from ebay because the brand new price was more than I was comfortable spending.
I know I will not get the three year warranty so I will have to be very careful with them.
I was going to go for a cheaper alternative, maybe the TFZ Series 5 or Sony XB90EX's, but something about the RHA brand was just too alluring.

I will update with first impressions when I get them next week.

Cheers.

Sep 25, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #461 of 474
Does anyone know if demo rha t10s exist anywhere in Britain? I would love to listen to these before buying but in Lincolnshire ( especially out in the sticks ) its hard to find any apple stores . Superfi are in Lincoln but they dont demo iems. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance

They have them in the Apple store. I demoed the T20's there yesterday.

Cheers.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #462 of 474
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice regarding the T10i. I have auditioned the MA750s and the T20s but not the T10s. (And I so wish I had!) 

Currently I own two IEMs - Klipsch R6 and Beyerdyanamic DTX 102ie. I enjoy listening to both of these in ears and for me the Klipsch R6 are definitely a step ahead of the Beyerdynamics. What I find missing in the R6s is their ability to produce deep sub bass. Despite saying that, there's no denying that R6s do produce some good bass across a lot of frequencies but they perform way better in the mid range.

My sound preference is that I love my bass and treble. I listen to all sort of genres - Rock, Pop, RnB, Hip/Hop, Electronic etc. EQ settings on my listening device is a flat V shaped curve. By that I mean, 3 kHz+ frequencies are up by +2/+3 dB and the 100-300 Hz range is +2 sorts. Going by this, I really enjoyed the MA750s. I found them to be exciting with good bass and treble. They definitely sounded better to my ears as compared to the R6s, in short they had a spark to them. The T20 audition was a very short one since they were and still are out of my budget. I could feel the difference between the MA750s and the T20s but it wasn't like day and night. And that's when I realized how good the MA750s are for the price you pay for them. 

Now here's the confusion. The MA750s are costing me approx 115 USD and I have managed to find a sweet deal for the T10i - 145 USD! So now I am unable to decide between the two. The price difference between them is quite marginal which is tempting me to go for the T10i. But the only issue is that I've never auditioned them so I am a little skeptical. I have read tons of reviews for both MA750s and the T10s. I am well aware of the T10s sound signature and I think I am a bass head, to a certain level. (Not even sure if that makes sense) 

So what do you guys suggest/recommend? I am looking for a pair of IEMs that will make Cirez D/Eric Prydz sound heavenly!
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #463 of 474
  Hello All,

I am looking for some advice regarding the T10i. I have auditioned the MA750s and the T20s but not the T10s. (And I so wish I had!) 

Currently I own two IEMs - Klipsch R6 and Beyerdyanamic DTX 102ie. I enjoy listening to both of these in ears and for me the Klipsch R6 are definitely a step ahead of the Beyerdynamics. What I find missing in the R6s is their ability to produce deep sub bass. Despite saying that, there's no denying that R6s do produce some good bass across a lot of frequencies but they perform way better in the mid range.

My sound preference is that I love my bass and treble. I listen to all sort of genres - Rock, Pop, RnB, Hip/Hop, Electronic etc. EQ settings on my listening device is a flat V shaped curve. By that I mean, 3 kHz+ frequencies are up by +2/+3 dB and the 100-300 Hz range is +2 sorts. Going by this, I really enjoyed the MA750s. I found them to be exciting with good bass and treble. They definitely sounded better to my ears as compared to the R6s, in short they had a spark to them. The T20 audition was a very short one since they were and still are out of my budget. I could feel the difference between the MA750s and the T20s but it wasn't like day and night. And that's when I realized how good the MA750s are for the price you pay for them. 

Now here's the confusion. The MA750s are costing me approx 115 USD and I have managed to find a sweet deal for the T10i - 145 USD! So now I am unable to decide between the two. The price difference between them is quite marginal which is tempting me to go for the T10i. But the only issue is that I've never auditioned them so I am a little skeptical. I have read tons of reviews for both MA750s and the T10s. I am well aware of the T10s sound signature and I think I am a bass head, to a certain level. (Not even sure if that makes sense) 

So what do you guys suggest/recommend? I am looking for a pair of IEMs that will make Cirez D/Eric Prydz sound heavenly!
biggrin.gif

the t20 and the ma 750 based on memory are more similar to each other then compared to the t10 (which i think is a good thing)

i personally would stick with the ma750 based on my preferences, cause i wasn't a fan of the tonality of the rha t10, which i found brassy and metallic in the treble

but if your already using the v shape eq on your  music player (its nice that the t10 can further tweak towards your preference with the different filters), my favorite configuration on the rha t10 was the bass filter (interestingly not because of the bass) because it helped with reducing some of the characteristics i didn't like in the treble.

and the t10 is definitely heavier in the bass then the ma750 (even though i only had a 5-10 min demo of them) that much is very obvious

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #464 of 474
Does anyone reading this thread have either a K10 or an Andromeda  and the T10?   I LOVE the T10's bass and detali clarity.... I have read a lot about higher end IEMs, and like what I'm reading about the Andromeda (and was thinking Vega too...) ... The Dulce Bass grabbed my attention, but I keed landing at the K10, and like the idea of a custom.   I know the bass won't match up, but do either of those offer much better detail and that nice 'seperated' sound of the T10?

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #465 of 474
you cannot compare T10 to Andromeda or K10....completely different league and price points.  Andro and K10/encore much much much better than T10, T20.  
I did not find the T10 to be detailed, and did not like its sound signature.  it felt grainy and strange.
It seems to me that you need to go try more IEMs to see what you like and is within your budget.  Campfire orion and earsonics ES3 are great and good value

Users who are viewing this thread

Back