RHA MA-750i Review
Dec 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #121 of 382
  I totally agree, I've been using the 750's for about a week now and I notice the difference!  My Bose headphone sounds like it's drowning in bass and I can't hear anything else clearly.  I guess my ears just needed some adjusting.  Great sound isolation too.  Very happy with this purchase!

i am very pleased your happy with them and if its not been said, welcome to good quality audio and sorry for your wallet.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #122 of 382
i just purchased this used from amazon wearehouse for 80 USD, they will be here today, i have high expects, never heard of RHA before, but if this forums says they are good, then theyre :wink:

Feb 13, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #124 of 382
Received a pair of these on Wednesday after reading the Innerfidelity review & watching some reviews on YouTube. They are my first pair of IEM's. Currently I am rotating the foam/rubber tips while using them through an IPad & Spotify to find the "right" ones to suit my ears.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #126 of 382
  Based on the response graph these IEMs seem to have quite a flat response, especially in the bass.  Why are they considered bass heavy?  I certainly don't hear it nor does the graph suggest it.

i dont think them especially bass heavy either, certainly there are things that have considerably more out there but they are in absolute terms quite bassy.

still bass response is quit  tip dependant so if you think you arent getting all there is then give some tips swapping a go.  that might be worth some time for you.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #127 of 382
I used SE215 ,looking more trasnparant and balance IEM..

Bought MA-750i, burn-in for 50 hours, but I cannnot enjoy the sound of this IEM ( I listen jazz to r&b).
For me the sound is thin, treble open but not pleasant, I suspect this is how to get match tips for my ear.I tried all stock tips but not lucky.
At the end I put back MA-750i in to box and stored in drawer, I love RHA built, hope one day I can find good tips for this IEM and myself.

Now, I'm enjoying sound of TDK BA200 :)

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #128 of 382
I used SE215 ,looking more trasnparant and balance IEM..

Bought MA-750i, burn-in for 50 hours, but I cannnot enjoy the sound of this IEM ( I listen jazz to r&b).
For me the sound is thin, treble open but not pleasant, I suspect this is how to get match tips for my ear.I tried all stock tips but not lucky.
At the end I put back MA-750i in to box and stored in drawer, I love RHA built, hope one day I can find good tips for this IEM and myself.

Now, I'm enjoying sound of TDK BA200
smily_headphones1.gif

BA200 are really good, nice bass and good impact with balanced sound. I didnt like the ma-750 thanks to their bass.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #129 of 382
i dont think them especially bass heavy either, certainly there are things that have considerably more out there but they are in absolute terms quite bassy.

still bass response is quit  tip dependant so if you think you arent getting all there is then give some tips swapping a go.  that might be worth some time for you.

but if the response is flat, shouldn't they be considered neutral? is that the definition of neutral, a flat response?

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #130 of 382
but if the response is flat, shouldn't they be considered neutral? is that the definition of neutral, a flat response?

in a word, no.

first of all the arent flat, they are still somewhat V shaped just not massivly so like they siblings are.  as te if tehy were flat it depends who you ask as its common to say that something is flat often they mean that the bass sounds more equall to the rest.  human hearing though isnt all about hearing, its also about feeling and you dont get that with IEM's.  if you want true neutrality then your looking towards things like the ER4 or RE-0 which are also often called bright.  they dont bump up the bass to compensate for human hearing and they take a little getting used to to only hearing bass and not feeling it too. 

the 750 while fairly even still has a bump in the bass and treble just not massive ones.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #131 of 382
Thank you very much for your review.
I've recentely purchased them but I had to send back for a cable issue
In the meanwhile I've found a good offer on DJE-1500 and I'm really enjoying it but, unfortunately, I need something with remote: among others, I'm interested in t10i, the ie8i and, but the budget significantly rises, shure se425 (and I should buy the cable as a spare).
What would you do if you were me? too much redundancy between dje and t10i? would shure worth the extra (significantly) cost?
Since I would need a good isolation, maybe sennheiser wouldn't be the right choice, aren't they?

Please, consider I'm using an iphone 6 only, at the moment, without any amp and/or dac.

Thanks and regards, 
Marco

Feb 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #132 of 382
  Thank you very much for your review.
I've recentely purchased them but I had to send back for a cable issue
In the meanwhile I've found a good offer on DJE-1500 and I'm really enjoying it but, unfortunately, I need something with remote: among others, I'm interested in t10i, the ie8i and, but the budget significantly rises, shure se425 (and I should buy the cable as a spare).
What would you do if you were me? too much redundancy between dje and t10i? would shure worth the extra (significantly) cost?
Since I would need a good isolation, maybe sennheiser wouldn't be the right choice, aren't they?

Please, consider I'm using an iphone 6 only, at the moment, without any amp and/or dac.

Thanks and regards, 
Marco

hello.  welcome and sorry for your wallet.

as for the things you mention, erm the 1500, t10, ie8 and then the se425.  erm why is the 425 in there?  its nothing like the others, not anything close at all.   so it has me wondering how are you coming to select those that you have.

i would have jut said go ie8 but its not a big isolator. 

perhaps if you could say what it is your looking for out of a new IEM?  erm also, why ask in the 750 review yet you dont list it as a potential?

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #134 of 382
  how the treble extension and Quantity of DUNU TITAN 1 compares with RHA MA750?

lol i litteraly just answered that in the other thread. still il post it here to as may be helpful for others

ooh good question.  well the extension on the TITAN 1 is super high.  sufficiently high that it was a factor in why i couldnt handle all the treble.  the 750 in comparison rolls away rather earlier and the 750 is still one of the better trebles around!  quantity wise they arent a million miles away from each other the 750 has comparatively more mids making them more evenly tuned.  the 750 also laks that same inclination towards that spike, that spike thats ever so near the sibilant reagion so while the TITAN 1 from time to time leapt out a bit the 750 is the flatter tuned.  quality wise though ive really got to give a clean win to the TITAN.  its really excellent stuff but just too much for me to use lots.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #135 of 382
Thank you Mark, i like the 750 but they are not bright enough for me anymore,i am looking for endless high frequency extension and forward treble at the same time, dry and forward mids and lean fast bass response, right now i am looking at Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS http://en.goldenears.net/40595 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back