RHA MA-750i Review
Apr 2, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #153 of 382
Well ive had them for a little while now and worn them while working for around 8 hrs a day. They sound so good, isolate well and are very comfy. Using silicone tips.

Attempting a run with them tonight.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #157 of 382
  Cheers, thanks for your reply.

your most welcome
  Agree, the x1 seems like a great purchase, Have the x3 and loving it. Mostly use it as a dac hooked up to my home setup.

yeah the x3 is a versatile little bugger isnt it

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #158 of 382
Yep, sure is. I know this a general question.... how does the RHA 750 sound on the x3? . Most of the files are FLAC also any thoughts when hooked up to last gen ipod classic all files are mp3. Cheers.

Apr 3, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #159 of 382
they pair up rather well.  the 750 is quite the little dazzler up top and the warmer sound of the x3 is a great complimentary sound signature.  well unless you want really bright are hard treble, but then why would you have a warm dap.

it does tack a little of the bass bight and punch away but again given the 750 is quite bighty its the direction i would want to take it anywoy.

in short they are highly fine pairing.

Apr 22, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #161 of 382
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the great review. I'm looking for IEMs in a reasonable price range (180-200$) without breaking my bank. I owned a pair of Shure SE 215s with an inline remote cable for last 4 years. While I did enjoy the clarity and clean sound from SE215s I always thought they were lacking the dynamic low end punch...low on bass. Unfortunately I lost that pair recently on a train. 

To tell more about myself and preferences, I'm not an audiophile but I do enjoy good quality music. I listen to different genres hip hop, techno, digital/electronic, fusion, melodies, and list goes on... Mostly modern music.

So I've done quite a bit of search on the web and came up with couple of options which could fit my bill.
 -  Bowers and Wilkins C5 Series2 ($180)
 -  RHA MA750i ($130).

Both these have a inline mic/remote which is a must for me as I intend to use them on my iPhone 6plus. I've read some user experiences online with C5s having issues with the durability/build quality. A few people have complained they broke down (one of the earphone dies) after a few months of use. Although they are covered for 2yrs under warranty I would like to have something which can last 3-4 yrs at least without breaking down.

I haven't heard or auditioned either one of those IEMs mentioned above, so thought you could help me. Also pls feel free to recommend any other options which you think will suit my described needs/preferences/budget.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #162 of 382
  Hi Mark,
Thanks for the great review. I'm looking for IEMs in a reasonable price range (180-200$) without breaking my bank. I owned a pair of Shure SE 215s with an inline remote cable for last 4 years. While I did enjoy the clarity and clean sound from SE215s I always thought they were lacking the dynamic low end punch...low on bass. Unfortunately I lost that pair recently on a train. 

To tell more about myself and preferences, I'm not an audiophile but I do enjoy good quality music. I listen to different genres hip hop, techno, digital/electronic, fusion, melodies, and list goes on... Mostly modern music.

So I've done quite a bit of search on the web and came up with couple of options which could fit my bill.
 -  Bowers and Wilkins C5 Series2 ($180)
 -  RHA MA750i ($130).

Both these have a inline mic/remote which is a must for me as I intend to use them on my iPhone 6plus. I've read some user experiences online with C5s having issues with the durability/build quality. A few people have complained they broke down (one of the earphone dies) after a few months of use. Although they are covered for 2yrs under warranty I would like to have something which can last 3-4 yrs at least without breaking down.

I haven't heard or auditioned either one of those IEMs mentioned above, so thought you could help me. Also pls feel free to recommend any other options which you think will suit my described needs/preferences/budget.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

If you reckon the bass on the SE215's was insufficient, you'd be disatisfied with the MA750's. The MA750's have poorer isolation than the SE215, but besides that and bass quantity, I reckon the MA750's are better than the SE215. Better clarity, not as much bass bloat, actual mids. Oh, and they look good.

Don't expect to have it for 3-4 years. The MA750's have a 3-year warranty, and the build is not shabby one bit. However, the strain reliefs near the ears are IMO insufficient, and mine have began splitting on the outer sheath (though with no sound changes). If you need something that could absolutely last you that long, I suggest you look into ones with replaceable cables.

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #164 of 382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back