RHA MA-750i Review
Mar 27, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #376 of 382
You know what? This is the difference great customer service makes to a brand. The fact that RHA are actively engaged with their customers on Head-Fi shows how passionate they are about their products. I'm still rocking my MA750s, they have been the most reliable earphones I've used. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #377 of 382
As much as I've loved these earphones for their sound quality and apparent solid build for the price, I can't help but be disappointed. I had read all the negative reviews about the build quality and the durability, but refused to believe this would happen to me. I nurtured these earphones like a baby, very light usage, always wrapped them around gently in circles to avoid sharp bends, always kept them in a case, never dropped it, etc. etc. Just a couple of months after they've become out of warranty, the cable connection to the left earpiece snapped exposing the copper wires. No warning signs, no deterioration over time, it just snapped. Customer care ignored me of course since it's out of warranty. I feel like an idiot for babysitting these earphones and not using them enough (on average over their lifetime I've probably used them once or twice a month). Maybe if I had used and abused them daily they would've snapped earlier and would've been replaced under warranty. The point is, don't be fooled by the "apparent" build quality. They will eventually fail.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #378 of 382
As much as I've loved these earphones for their sound quality and apparent solid build for the price, I can't help but be disappointed. I had read all the negative reviews about the build quality and the durability, but refused to believe this would happen to me. I nurtured these earphones like a baby, very light usage, always wrapped them around gently in circles to avoid sharp bends, always kept them in a case, never dropped it, etc. etc. Just a couple of months after they've become out of warranty, the cable connection to the left earpiece snapped exposing the copper wires. No warning signs, no deterioration over time, it just snapped. Customer care ignored me of course since it's out of warranty. I feel like an idiot for babysitting these earphones and not using them enough (on average over their lifetime I've probably used them once or twice a month). Maybe if I had used and abused them daily they would've snapped earlier and would've been replaced under warranty. The point is, don't be fooled by the "apparent" build quality. They will eventually fail.

Same thing happened to me, I used thermofit an tape to "fix" them but actually I ended used them very often now, pretty bummer

Jun 16, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #379 of 382
I recently bought the MA750i and just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Generally speaking these are a bit of a departure from my preferred sound sig - normally I value precision, details, speed, highs over lows etc. My usual pair of IEM is ER4B.

While my preferences may lie elsewhere I cannot deny the many strengths these MA750s have - natural tone, nice sub bass, extension, relatively good spacial presentation and layering (at least compared to the Etys). What I find distracting though is with more complex music (guitar heavy wall of sound) they seem to fall apart - they get very dull and muffled like there is not enough resolution to portray all instruments with equal precision. I understand this is to be expected relative to BA based earphones but even compared to over ear dynamics the loss of clarity is apparent. Also something in upper mids can be harsh occasionally - often in the same situations. I know dull and harsh at the same time is strange but that's how it sounds to me :)
I enjoy listening to acoustic and jazzy music on these or something a bit more delicate - things like Jaga Jazzist, early Marillion, Belle & Sebastian sound great. Rammstein not so much :)

Also interestingly, likely to the shape of my ears, I had to do a bit of tip rolling to get good sound - the default small silicone tips (single flange) had terrible highs rolloff to my ears. The foams were solid but in the end I settled on the middle sized silicones which seem to work best for me.

I got these like new for like 50USD so happy with the purchase. Build quality seems very nice.

Jun 17, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #380 of 382
I recently bought the MA750i and just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Generally speaking these are a bit of a departure from my preferred sound sig - normally I value precision, details, speed, highs over lows etc. My usual pair of IEM is ER4B.

While my preferences may lie elsewhere I cannot deny the many strengths these MA750s have - natural tone, nice sub bass, extension, relatively good spacial presentation and layering (at least compared to the Etys). What I find distracting though is with more complex music (guitar heavy wall of sound) they seem to fall apart - they get very dull and muffled like there is not enough resolution to portray all instruments with equal precision. I understand this is to be expected relative to BA based earphones but even compared to over ear dynamics the loss of clarity is apparent. Also something in upper mids can be harsh occasionally - often in the same situations. I know dull and harsh at the same time is strange but that's how it sounds to me :)
I enjoy listening to acoustic and jazzy music on these or something a bit more delicate - things like Jaga Jazzist, early Marillion, Belle & Sebastian sound great. Rammstein not so much :)

Also interestingly, likely to the shape of my ears, I had to do a bit of tip rolling to get good sound - the default small silicone tips (single flange) had terrible highs rolloff to my ears. The foams were solid but in the end I settled on the middle sized silicones which seem to work best for me.

I got these like new for like 50USD so happy with the purchase. Build quality seems very nice.

I've never found these to be lacking in resolution or extension, even without regard to the relatively low price. I do find the fit problematic too, and tend to lose the seal easily. In my experience generally foamies work best for me. Soft foamies, like Crystal tips really work well. Of what's available right now, I still think these or the T20 offer the best bang for the buck on the market.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #382 of 382
Applying treble cuts with a semi-narrow Q @5kHz, 11kHz, 15kHz fixed all issues for me. Now MA750i is such a nice sounding and comfortable earphone for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back