RHA MA-750i Review
Feb 24, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #136 of 382
Hi MarK, thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Maybe I should introduce myself as an utterly "rookie" in this world 
biggrin.gif
 hence my choice and judgment might seem/be (they are for sure) not so "logical"

bottom up
erm also, why ask in the 750 review yet you dont list it as a potential?

Actually I was thinking, but I might be wrong, that they would represent a downgrade from dje that's why I aimed at the t10...but I'm still not sure that the latter would be better.

erm why is the 425 in there?  its nothing like the others, not anything close at all.  

As I said before, maybe I don't have the right skill or, rather, a trained ear to compare them: I was looking for good isolation (I think that 750 is less isolating than the dje, for istance) and removable cable (not necessary but would be a plus also to be used with dje since the white cord gets dirty...daily!)
And, I know it sounds silly, but I like the clear-transparent look...while I found the ie8x "bruttarelle" (rather ugly) even though the isolation is the real issue 

Marco

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #137 of 382
  Thank you Mark, i like the 750 but they are not bright enough for me anymore,i am looking for endless high frequency extension and forward treble at the same time, dry and forward mids and lean fast bass response, right now i am looking at Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS http://en.goldenears.net/40595 .

You are kidding me, those ckx9 are just not to the mark. Clarity is so so not there. extension is not there too, And super V-shaped. Bolted lose bass. Can not fit your bill from any prospective.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #139 of 382
  Thank you Mark, i like the 750 but they are not bright enough for me anymore,i am looking for endless high frequency extension and forward treble at the same time, dry and forward mids and lean fast bass response, right now i am looking at Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS http://en.goldenears.net/40595 .

ooh, id say try to find an RE-272.  best treble of anything ever, easily.  also the CK10 has crazy good treble.  the ck100 too is suposed to be great but not heard it myself.  neither have a heard the x9.

also the senn IE8 has amazing treble but it also has tons of bass so cant really call it bright, treble great on it though.  also tho FX-500 i think has excelent treble.

the titan 1 is great too, but think you know i thought that anyway.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #140 of 382
  Maybe I should introduce myself as an utterly "rookie" in this world 
biggrin.gif
 hence my choice and judgment might seem/be (they are for sure) not so "logical"

bottom up
Actually I was thinking, but I might be wrong, that they would represent a downgrade from dje that's why I aimed at the t10...but I'm still not sure that the latter would be better.

As I said before, maybe I don't have the right skill or, rather, a trained ear to compare them: I was looking for good isolation (I think that 750 is less isolating than the dje, for istance) and removable cable (not necessary but would be a plus also to be used with dje since the white cord gets dirty...daily!)
And, I know it sounds silly, but I like the clear-transparent look...while I found the ie8x "bruttarelle" (rather ugly) even though the isolation is the real issue 

Marco

ah.

right, well the DJE-1500 ive net heard but i did have the hje-900 so im going to presume they have a similar flavour.  V.  the t10 is V and the ie8 is V.  the 425 (got a 420) is the antithesis of big V shaped drama.  its in comparison super dull and boring. flattish slightly middy hype easy on the ear.  i like the 420 but its very diff from the otehrs you mention.

if its more isolation you want.  id say look tomards the DN-1000, 2000 if your budget stretches.  they are both pretty potent bass wise yet do isolate well too.  which im thinking thats what your after?  the t10 im in the process of reviewing and im uncertain that what im hearing from is matcihng what other have said about it so im reluctant to really say a ton about it though i have found it to be quite isolating.  however ive seen a reviow of it saying they found they hardly isolated.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #143 of 382
In the tone generator MA750 have dips and peaks in the treble, the treble have good extension  but are little uneven, i find these measurements -
on tone generator http://onlinetonegenerator.com/ , this peaks and dips are obvious.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #144 of 382
  How is the sound?

I dont think ckx9 can compete with MA750 when it comes to sq and highs extension, Ckx lacks enough extension even when pitted against re-400 or even ue600. Bass too is different, ckx is boomy and has more mid bass while the 750 has good sub bass too. Mid range of ckx is equally bad, too deep in the valley and not enough detailed. If you want to save some bucks, this is not what you think it to be, but you can go with your heart, i am not saying its bad but you might come out disappointed with ckx. There is nothing that is close to what you want for under $100, you can add some and should go for titan 1, similar build and its getting good reviews.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #145 of 382

I dont think 9ckx can compete with MA750 when it comes to sq and highs extension, Ckx lacks enough extension even when pitted against re-400 or even ue600. Bass too is different, ckx is boomy and has more mid bass while the 750 has good sub bass too. Mid range of ckx is equally bad, too deep in the valley and not enough detailed. If you want to save some bucks, this is not what you think it to be, but you can go with your heart, i am not saying its bad but you might come out disappointed with ckx. There is nothing that is close to what you want for under $100, you can add some and should go for titan 1, similar build and its getting good reviews.

Thank you, i try the equaliser on foobar last night with MA 750 and the results was good, i eq 5db up 10 and 14 khz and they become bright and sparkly, i am gonna pass 9ckx then, have a nice day.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #147 of 382
so i bought the 750's

first things first when they arrived was whip off the silly cone's and stick on some of the foam ones. (always used a medium foam)

wut.... where is the bass everyone talks about and then pop, iem out of the ear. hmm...

little fiddle and squash of the foam i stick it back in, still no bass. (sad panda)

i just couldnt get a deep enough insertion (ooh err...)

i decided to stick on the silicone tips in a small ish size (as they give you about 1000 different sizes with them) and boom there we go. these sound good :)

going to try and get some small comply's to use as i prefer foam to rubber.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #148 of 382
  so i bought the 750's

first things first when they arrived was whip off the silly cone's and stick on some of the foam ones. (always used a medium foam)

wut.... where is the bass everyone talks about and then pop, iem out of the ear. hmm...

little fiddle and squash of the foam i stick it back in, still no bass. (sad panda)

i just couldnt get a deep enough insertion (ooh err...)

i decided to stick on the silicone tips in a small ish size (as they give you about 1000 different sizes with them) and boom there we go. these sound good :)

going to try and get some small comply's to use as i prefer foam to rubber.

They are quite splashy and uncontrolled before burn in, wait for it boy

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #150 of 382
Hi guys, just ordered the RHA MA-750 to replace my Klipsch x7i's that i have sadly and stupidly left behind on a flight!  Having buyers remorse regarding the fit and comfort of the RHA's. I travel quite a lot due to work commitments and needed a pair of phones that are well built and not too expensive due to the above! Are they ok for long flights re fit issues and comfort? I really liked the sound sig of the Klipsch and am wondering how they compare. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back