RHA MA-750i Review
Feb 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #22 of 382
Yeah, pretty much every description I've heard so far has them pretty warm. That's why I wasn't so surprised by the comparo question, which I took to be just about the sound rather than fit or internals.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #23 of 382
Hey Mark, 

Reading your review kind of reminds me of my D-Jays IEM, especially regarding the highs.

Have you had the chance to try them ? How would they compare to the RHA MA750i ?

Just bought myself a pair of Shure SE215 and I'm pretty disappointed with their sound : they have too much bass and lack of highs.

Thanks for your feedback.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #24 of 382
nice review. ive recently taken an interest to these since ive been looking for an iem with a mic for my galaxy s4.

im getting a pretty good idea of the signature of these and would like to know if you could compare them to the Monster Turbine Copper's?

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #25 of 382
  Hey Mark, 

Reading your review kind of reminds me of my D-Jays IEM, especially regarding the highs.

Have you had the chance to try them ? How would they compare to the RHA MA750i ?

Just bought myself a pair of Shure SE215 and I'm pretty disappointed with their sound : they have too much bass and lack of highs.

Thanks for your feedback.

na i dont think i ever did hear the d-JAYS.  id have presumed the 750s should sit considerably above them though.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #26 of 382
  Yeah, pretty much every description I've heard so far has them pretty warm. That's why I wasn't so surprised by the comparo question, which I took to be just about the sound rather than fit or internals.

well i dont consider bass quantity to be the same thing as "warm" as so many seem to think.

warmth is as much about tonality, the softness, the richness of a low is what gives warmth.  if its simply fast, clean and hard but abundant then i would still consider that bass to be cool and not warm.  think warm as being like a warm bath but for your ears.

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #27 of 382
nice review. ive recently taken an interest to these since ive been looking for an iem with a mic for my galaxy s4.

im getting a pretty good idea of the signature of these and would like to know if you could compare them to the Monster Turbine Copper's?

well im not sure.  been awhile since i heard the MTC's and i didnt ovely love them.  off the top of my head the coppers were rather thicker and heavier sounding but has been a while.  i do have a full review of them though on here.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #28 of 382

I have them both here: Turbine Coppers / MA750. (non mic version). What exactly do you want to know?

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #29 of 382
I have them both here: Turbine Coppers / MA750. (non mic version). What exactly do you want to know?

i want to say everything as far as sound goes haha. no but, off of reviews that ive read, they seem to have a similar signature. im just really curious on how similar and different they are and which comes out on top as far as overall clarity and soundstage goes.

oh and mark, thanks for the reply ill try to dig up that review for comparison.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #30 of 382
i want to say everything as far as sound goes haha. no but, off of reviews that ive read, they seem to have a similar signature. im just really curious on how similar and different they are and which comes out on top as far as overall clarity and soundstage goes.

oh and mark, thanks for the reply ill try to dig up that review for comparison.

For soundstage MA750 has better width and larger head stage (size of the instrument/vocal image) imaging (placement) is also stronger on the 750 with some what harsher but further extended treble. To my ears the turbines roll off early in the highs. The 750 does sound clearer but at the cost of less mid range refinement and sometimes trigger happy sibilance. The low end is more dominant on the 750 , it has more impact and deeper extension its a nice bass on the RHA.

To some it up depending on the genre they can compete with each other well, though what 750 has is a little less control to the mid range and highs, I find it steps out of line in the versatility department where as the turbines might not try to excel like 750 pushing out more detail, hough what it does remains behaved with all genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back