Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #378 of 2,057
Received my Pandora Hope VI after purchasing from xanlamin, and boy am I pleased with these :) The step from the Bang and Olufsen H6 is huge for only 160 or so extra. Also coming from a former A1000x owner, these are great (and easier to wear, surprisingly, maybe due to xanlamin's cotton mod?)

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #379 of 2,057
Also, I have no sliding issue with the cup holders (funny?), getting wierd looks in public for wearing these. It just becomes evident to me how unrefined other headphones sound when compared to these VIs.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #380 of 2,057
@KuroTaka, I'm glad that you are another happy owner of PH6! The best part of it is that you don't need to fuss around finding a good amp, better cables, etc. You just enjoy your music with it.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #381 of 2,057
Received my Pandora Hope VI after purchasing from xanlamin, and boy am I pleased with these
smily_headphones1.gif
The step from the Bang and Olufsen H6 is huge for only 160 or so extra. Also coming from a former A1000x owner, these are great (and easier to wear, surprisingly, maybe due to xanlamin's cotton mod?)

@xanlamin please explain

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #382 of 2,057
Straight from an idevice, this is truly hard to beat :) Music from these headphones give me the goosebumps!
@grizzlybeat ,he stuffed the are under the default earpads with cotton, I took then out, and instantly placed them in again. Keeps the headphones on my head due to the extra pressure, also acts like memory foam to give a better seal.

Apr 24, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #383 of 2,057
Also, I have no sliding issue with the cup holders (funny?), getting wierd looks in public for wearing these. It just becomes evident to me how unrefined other headphones sound when compared to these VIs.

Yeah man, it's almost scary how much life these draw out of music. You get an album with great production and that's it. Game over. Just sit back and soak it in.

I don't think I could ever wear them out of the house though. I'd be paranoid they'd fall off my head and break, LOL. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #384 of 2,057

Yeah man, it's almost scary how much life these draw out of music. You get an album with great production and that's it. Game over. Just sit back and soak it in.

I don't think I could ever wear them out of the house though. I'd be paranoid they'd fall off my head and break, LOL. 

Speaking of scary, I was listening to Showtek's Black at 320kbps, the vocal work with the music actually sent shivers down my spine!

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #385 of 2,057
beerchug.gif

I agree, it doesn't need a amp, but Hope VI has out of this world synergy with the Fiio E10/E9 combo. Radiohead is transcending to another level in my ears right now. "....just like angel ...skin makes me cry ....you float like a featherrrrr.... I wish I was special ...." (like the Pandora Hope VI). Just wow! HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #386 of 2,057
  I have about 30 hours burn-in on the Hope VI. The clarity, timbre, and clarity in this headphone is just amazing. I think this is one of the best headphones I've ever heard for crisp natural sounding drums and percussion instruments. The echo and reverb is right on point. And the texture of horn and brass instruments is mesmerizing. There may be better sounding headphones out there, but I don't think I need to hear them. This is just satisfying to my ears on so many levels (width, space between instruments, natural sounding vocals, depth, headstage, and comfort). Well done FAD!

And actually having heard FAD's top of the line BA earphone that goes for about $1K, I think you can't beat this headphone, bargain-wise, if you can find it new for about $600. Yes, I think the sound is a bargain at about $600 (I know it retails for higher than that amount). Actually, I would still recommend it if you have the extra $200 to shell out for the retail price.

Glad you are finding the PHVI to your liking. I agree the sound is a bargain at $600... I got my pair second-hand right at about that level and it was already burned in. The sound is just so effortless and quick, and the BA contributes brilliantly to the highs. To me one of the biggest aspects which makes the value so off the charts is the high efficiency which means you can drive it with anything. The sound is therefore great for watching movies on the computer, or gaming, or whatever. And being closed you don't disturb anyone. Idsynchrono_24 was able to listen to my pair in a library for cryin' out loud. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #387 of 2,057

Glad you are finding the PHVI to your liking. I agree the sound is a bargain at $600... I got my pair second-hand right at about that level and it was already burned in. The sound is just so effortless and quick, and the BA contributes brilliantly to the highs. To me one of the biggest aspects which makes the value so off the charts is the high efficiency which means you can drive it with anything. The sound is therefore great for watching movies on the computer, or gaming, or whatever. And being closed you don't disturb anyone. Idsynchrono_24 was able to listen to my pair in a library for cryin' out loud. 

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just typed cn11. This headphone is a clear winner. And if you could have only own one upper tier headphone, I would be hard pressed to recommend something other than this gem right here.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #388 of 2,057
You know I'm a drums and bass man. This gives just the right amount of bass without going into basshead territory (or being light on the bass), and some of the fullest most natural drum snaps I've ever heard in any headphone.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #389 of 2,057
I bought some memory foam to do a little mod to the pads when everything comes in this Tuesday! This thread has become very active lately and it is making me more and more hyped.

I'll let you know about the pad mod as I heard memory foam is a insulator so I might put it underneath the original stuffing.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #390 of 2,057
Bought these pads and got them the same day that the Hope VI came in. They work like a charm! Very comfortable and doesn't seem to affect the sound at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HBSNUO2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back