Reviewers Wanted: Be One Of The First to Experience the RHA T10i
Sep 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #61 of 157
I don't want to review the T10i, but I do want to take very pretty pictures of it (minor portfolio). I also happen to be the managing editor of a certain, obscure, arcane, unpronounceable portable audio website, where I mostly write editorial features on the state of the portable audio industry and highlight technological advances in the high-end --- but that's besides the point. Honestly, all I really want to do is shine a nice, diffuse light atop of that MIM stainless steel and juxtapose it against a space gray iPhone 6. Afterward, I hope to use the pen and clone stamp tool liberally until the result (the pictures) engenders significantly increased parasympathetic activation to the submandibular glands of the collective head-fi community.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #62 of 157
Hello RHA Team!

I actually found this thread our of my frustration with RHA to be honest.  I have been a long time headphone user and have an audiophile history of well over 25 years.

I came to the thread after just submitting a warranty request for my 750i's, which I bought at the Apple Store Grand Central in NYC where I live.  I originally purchased the 750i's in May 2014 earlier this year because they were tauter to have excellent sound quality, high quality craftsmanship and came with a 3 year warranty.

Things started out wonderfully and I broke in the 750i's like I would any other respectable, high quality speaker.  I never used them with athletic exercise, merely my walking commutes all over Manhattan.  They have only been plugged into my iPad 4 and my iPhone 5S.

Just a month ago I began noticing a buzz in the left ear during clean, bass heavy tracks... it def resembles the sound of a typical blown speaker.  This has been irritating and with my busy schedule I just decided to live with it a bit to see if it was just poor audio and monitor it if the problem persists or becomes worse.  Then just this morning, I go to unplug them from my iPhone 5S and this >

pic.twitter.com/q1CKtWinj9

The headphone jack stainless steel sleeve literally came apart in my hands!  I have contacted them for warranty conversage but I have to be honest I am extremely disappointed at this point, all things considered, including my $141 and change cost after tax.

RHA Team, at this point your company has not made good on it's brand promise because my experience has been a poor one with a poorly constructed pair of headphones.  Perhaps sending me a pair of the new model T10i's will make me feel better about your company and it's products and give you a chance to win me back over.  I would of course review anything sent to me with unbiased honesty, I just thought you should know my experiences and the serendipitous timing of it all.  Thanks guys!

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 157
Hi, if I'm honest, I've never owned or even used an rha headphone. I realize that this pretty much automatically DQs me, but here I am anyway, typing this response. The reason being, I'd LOVE to test out rha's latest flagship.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #64 of 157
I am new to head fi and would like to opportunity to review these in-ear monitors. I have no experience with RHA but was looking to purchase one of their products. This would be an excellent opportunity to find out if these would be a perfect fit for what I'm looking for.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #65 of 157
I would love to review these t10/t10i! 

I have not had owned any RHA products in the past. Would love to give the t10 a try! the idea of these filters is very interesting, and i would love to share my impressions  with the community nd more. I have heard great things about RHA's quality and their customer service. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #66 of 157
I would be interested in reviewing the RHA t10s. I have no experience with RHA audio's products, but I have tried many other IEMs in my search for the right pair. I have tried pairs across many price points (including the new JH audio Roxxanes at the highest end). The best I have heard yet are the Shure 845s (I also like the shure se215s for a budget pair but for some reason don't like the middle of their range), which also have a tunable component to them, and I would be excited to give these t10s a go as well. 

I also, of course, have full size headphones (like the HE560s) that I could compare them against, but honestly sometimes it feels like apples to oranges. My triplefi10s sound a lot like my AKG q701s in some regards, but are still a different beast.

I listen to all kinds of music (good and bad recordings; amped and unamped) and find that different IEMS that I own are often suited to different types of music. Finding a generalist is hard, but also desirable. Let me know if you think I would be a useful reviewer.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #67 of 157
  Hello RHA Team!

I actually found this thread our of my frustration with RHA to be honest.  I have been a long time headphone user and have an audiophile history of well over 25 years.

I came to the thread after just submitting a warranty request for my 750i's, which I bought at the Apple Store Grand Central in NYC where I live.  I originally purchased the 750i's in May 2014 earlier this year because they were tauter to have excellent sound quality, high quality craftsmanship and came with a 3 year warranty.

Things started out wonderfully and I broke in the 750i's like I would any other respectable, high quality speaker.  I never used them with athletic exercise, merely my walking commutes all over Manhattan.  They have only been plugged into my iPad 4 and my iPhone 5S.

Just a month ago I began noticing a buzz in the left ear during clean, bass heavy tracks... it def resembles the sound of a typical blown speaker.  This has been irritating and with my busy schedule I just decided to live with it a bit to see if it was just poor audio and monitor it if the problem persists or becomes worse.  Then just this morning, I go to unplug them from my iPhone 5S and this >

pic.twitter.com/q1CKtWinj9

The headphone jack stainless steel sleeve literally came apart in my hands!  I have contacted them for warranty conversage but I have to be honest I am extremely disappointed at this point, all things considered, including my $141 and change cost after tax.

RHA Team, at this point your company has not made good on it's brand promise because my experience has been a poor one with a poorly constructed pair of headphones.  Perhaps sending me a pair of the new model T10i's will make me feel better about your company and it's products and give you a chance to win me back over.  I would of course review anything sent to me with unbiased honesty, I just thought you should know my experiences and the serendipitous timing of it all.  Thanks guys!

This is a terrible way to contact a company about your frustration with them and makes you look really bad. Honestly, do you expect a positive response from this company with an aggressive attitude like that? In no way do you deserve to be given a pair of T10i just because your MA750s fail.

As I understand it, the failure rates of RHAs products are all quite low, and your experience is not a typical one. Instead of bringing your experience up in a non-customer service related thread, you should probably contact their customer service department and work it out with them personally. Believe me, I understand what it's like to experience product failure after a very short period of ownership, but confronting the manufacturer in this manner seems quite immature and uncalled for, to me.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #68 of 157

This is a terrible way to contact a company about your frustration with them and makes you look really bad. Honestly, do you expect a positive response from this company with an aggressive attitude like that? In no way do you deserve to be given a pair of T10i just because your MA750s fail.

As I understand it, the failure rates of RHAs products are all quite low, and your experience is not a typical one. Instead of bringing your experience up in a non-customer service related thread, you should probably contact their customer service department and work it out with them personally. Believe me, I understand what it's like to experience product failure after a very short period of ownership, but confronting the manufacturer in this manner seems quite immature and uncalled for, to me.

Not only that, but it is their first and only post here. All in all a terrible way to make a first impression both on this site and to the company running this review program...

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #70 of 157
Yes, of course, shame on me for being frustrated with my purchase's short term failure. It sure makes me the bad guy.

On the contrary fellas, this is the golden ticket actually. If a team is confident about rheir product and know they make a good one, there is no better opportunity than the one where they get to turn a bad experience or opinion into a good one. Anyone can hand out product to people who already have a bias of some sort to their product or service and get a good review, it is quite another to demonstrate the strengths and qualities that make your product or service superior to someone who might be questioning it and then recieve a positive response.

I have already filled out a request with customer service to handle my situation (as mentioned in my post), I simply am giving the RHA Team an opportunity to really shine by restoring a customer's confidence publicly and obtaining a positive review from an obviously non-biased source... a person who made the ultimate vote of confidence (the purchase of your product or service) who is now questioning whether it is really up to snuff so to speak based on their real world firsthand experience,

If it were my company, handled smartly, I would be viewing this as a genius marketing/branding opportunity.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #71 of 157
I suggest letting it drop guys, Petersink has made his bid to be a reviewer in his own fashion. Leave it up to RHA whether they will pick him or not.

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #72 of 157
There are two separate issues here.  Issue no. 1 is your negative experience with a different RHA product.  Issue no. 2 is your request for a T10i review sample.  Those two are not related, and you should stop trying to use your discontent from issue no. 1 to weasel a positive result from issue no.2.

RHA Team, at this point your company has not made good on it's brand promise because my experience has been a poor one with a poorly constructed pair of headphones.  Perhaps sending me a pair of the new model T10i's will make me feel better about your company and it's products and give you a chance to win me back over.

No, perhaps they should honor their warranty and replace your defective unit.  That should make you feel better about their company, and that is a reasonable expectation.  IOW, a positive experience with the product that you originally purchased is what you should be seeking, not a free upgrade to a more expensive unit.

What you are suggesting is that they not honor their warranty terms, as they have apparently done for many a customer (search these forums and you should find plenty of positive accounts Head-Fiers have had with their customer service department), and instead show some sort of special favoritism for you.

Your request smacks of extortionism, and I would strongly advise that RHA not consider your request for a T10i review sample.

Yes, of course, shame on me for being frustrated with my purchase's short term failure. It sure makes me the bad guy.

Be frustrated with your purchase, no one is suggesting that you should not be.  But seek a satisfactory resolution to that matter.  Do not conflate two separate issue for your own personal gain.

I simply am giving the RHA Team an opportunity to really shine by restoring a customer's confidence publicly and obtaining a positive review from an obviously non-biased source

Based on your current and admitted level of frustration with RHA, I find it highly unlikely that you are a non-biased source.

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #74 of 157
I'll volunteer. I'm in Canada and I have previously had the RHA MA750i's (alas stolen).

I am mostly on the go in an urban environment so I love portable stuff. In this sense, I'm not a "serious listener". I do not like the way to judge a pair of phones by bass, mids and treble, as I feel music is a whole and the musicality of a pair of phones is the most paramount issue.

Currently I won Shure SE535s and Beyer DT880s. In terms of source I have iPod Touch 5th gen, Fiio X3, and NuForce Icon DAC.

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #75 of 157
  It is odd that all his 2 posts are here and he joined just to post this...

I think so too, though that alone should not disqualify him in any way.  There are several others in the thread who joined up just to post their application for a unit as well.  It's because this offer was posted to the Head-Fi Facebook Group, and I would imagine that there are a few lurkers there who saw it and responded to it.  That's fine.  Perhaps not ideal given their lack of community involvement up until now, but not exactly against the rules since they are technically Head-Fiers now.  
smile.gif

His initial post is what concerns me.  He suggests a condition or state that he finds unsatisfactory.  He then suggests a specific course of action that would work in his favor... the result of which is an implied change in his position or behavior.  He is essentially suggesting that RHA bribe him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bribery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back