Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Sep 12, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #6,436 of 9,388
Yep...line level out, do not engage the headphone/preamp ...

Peete.

Sep 12, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #6,437 of 9,388
I took some pics. Maybe someone will see something wrong that I just dont know. From what I can tell, the main board looks good. I just cant get the volume knob off to see the small one.

It might sound stupid, but how do you get the volume knob off?

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #6,438 of 9,388
not accusing anyone here... but whats the deal with andrea? who in their right mind would find enjoyment out of creating random accounts just to mess with people about audio parts...

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #6,440 of 9,388
I just put it all back together now I have a loud hum when the volume is low. ****. Im done with it for the night. Right now, If I wanted to deal with this crap, I would have built my own. Thats why I purchased one built so I would not have these troubles....

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #6,445 of 9,388
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry to hear of that, liquid and falke401, shame that the QC work has been missed on the final assembly stages, it's such a terrific little unit. A hum indicates a short or an earth link is off, generally. I wish you the best with it.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #6,446 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by alxwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PP:
I have done testing.
Test phones Sr225 and Denon D2000.
Zero+Sun+2 earth > Duet head phone out > Zero.
The difference is huge compare to them.

Details Alex, Details
smily_headphones1.gif

Is this with the custom reg boards from audio-gd ?

Peete.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #6,447 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by falke401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just put it all back together now I have a loud hum when the volume is low. ****. Im done with it for the night. Right now, If I wanted to deal with this crap, I would have built my own. Thats why I purchased one built so I would not have these troubles....

Quote:

Originally Posted by falke401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried that and it didnt do anything for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid steel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

This is just my luck. Six years of putting it off and I get a defective unit when I finally break down.

All is not lost, try this , put another opamp in the DAC section....a dual channel opamp and see if the problem is with the 627 adapter, the chip on the top looks skewed on that 627AU adapter, wouldn't be the first time the 627's were faulty with this adapter soldered by hand...it's tough to do with smd devices.

Both of you try this please, we'll get it fixed
smily_headphones1.gif

Report findings...

Peete.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #6,448 of 9,388
I just noticed something....correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 627 adapter in backwards ? The notch is supposed to point towards the rca jacks and digital ins......not the front faceplate...

Peete.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #6,450 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by viscosity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not accusing anyone here... but whats the deal with andrea? who in their right mind would find enjoyment out of creating random accounts just to mess with people about audio parts...

The guys has issues, he's a bonifide nutter.

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back