Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Aug 13, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #5,086 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccschua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If u look at the oscilloscope, it is amazing results.

What's good about the results on the oscilloscope?

I had no idea what it all meant
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #5,088 of 9,388
Currently burning in my LM4562s. Should I put one in the DAC section and put the LT1364s back in the amp section?

Aug 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #5,090 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's good about the results on the oscilloscope?

I had no idea what it all meant
confused_face_2.gif

To a designer, Oscilloscope is like fishing rope.

The OPA 2604 just give a lot of overshoot at the frequency response, even can be noticed at 10kHZ response.(check carefully, u can see the response go above the flat line)

Now this overshoot results in treble sounds rough and bright, fatigue if listen long time.

Whereas OPA Sun is more energetic if you see its short term response. The treble is full of detail and smooth as if driving on 7 lane highway instead 4. (and u get into traffic jam less likely than 7)

Aug 13, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #5,092 of 9,388
Quote:

To a designer, Oscilloscope is like fishing rope.

The OPA 2604 just give a lot of overshoot at the frequency response, even can be noticed at 10kHZ response.(check carefully, u can see the response go above the flat line)

Now this overshoot results in treble sounds rough and bright, fatigue if listen long time.

Whereas OPA Sun is more energetic if you see its short term response. The treble is full of detail and smooth as if driving on 7 lane highway instead 4. (and u get into traffic jam less likely than 7)

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I see it, it's more pronounced on the 100Hz photo than the 10Hz photo. But its still there in the 10Hz photo.

One thing tho, that second set of photos are for the earth unit. So the sun unit must be more energetic again.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #5,094 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by alxwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really newbie question but hope can get answer:

If I just get two earth from н¨ÍøÒ³ 1 can I just use one replace opamp(dual op627) and the other one be use in headphone amp?

Also where I can find the information about upgrade the headphone amp?

Thanks.

pls make sure ur purchase is dual output type.

Alltogether 3 opamp is required. 1 for the DAC section (replace opa 627) and 2 for the headphone amp section.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #5,095 of 9,388
Quote:

Alltogether 3 opamp is required. 1 for the DAC section (replace opa 627) and 2 for the headphone amp section.

Thanks a lot!
Another q: Is that headphone amp section replace job still a pull out and put new one in process or need solder?

What the difference of sun and earth? Which one is better?

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #5,096 of 9,388
Quote:

I thought the opamp in the headphone section was a dual channel one? Then it'll just need 2 opamps in total, provided that they're both dual channel opamps?

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #5,097 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by alxwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot!
Another q: Is that headphone amp section replace job still a pull out and put new one in process or need solder?

What the difference of sun and earth? Which one is better?

Just pull out and put in. it is a socket type. fren, imazine zero is like yr, pls undress her and see what is inside.

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #5,098 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the opamp in the headphone section was a dual channel one? Then it'll just need 2 opamps in total, provided that they're both dual channel opamps?

again for someone who dun want to open zero and see inside, there altogether 3 opamp being used. 1 for DAC section and 2 for the headphone amp section. all are dual output.

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #5,099 of 9,388
I've seen on Ebay this Zero DAC and HeadAmp with USB, but nothing in the pictures indicates a USB socket?
Am I to assume they mean to use a USB-Optical adapter? Has anyone got any experience on the USB-optical? I would like to grab one of these from my office at work, to tempt me to go in more often!

Cheers

BT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back