Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Aug 2, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #4,756 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccschua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it goes like this.. He come out with Earth and Sun. By the name, Earth is more neutral and Sun is more dynamic, full of life.

The costs is Less than USD 30 per piece with dual output. Just paid for Earth and Sun, will wait for item to aarive. Gosh, it just make the OPA 2604 bite the dust.

All very ying and yangish. You'll be telling me next it is currently on a journey to the west
wink.gif

You can't beat that price point with a stick. When it arrives please post images and first impressions.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #4,759 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you have the MKIII's gain set at? I've got mine on 10, and I can't turn it past 10:00 without blowing out my ears! That's with feeding it from the Zero at line level.
smily_headphones1.gif

Same with my little dot mkIII, but with the zero I can't even go past 9 and it sounds like a beast!

Aug 2, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #4,760 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so?

Did you read page 1 in it's entirety ? Check out my mini review for even more info...either review clearly states YMMV.....read those three posts and you'll have a good handle on the Zero plus a few options....

Peete

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #4,762 of 9,388
They're cheap. Any good? At $67-90 for three, it may even be worth dropping them in the headpone amplifier section!
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl
(who, surprisingly, still hasn't heard from Lawrence.)

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #4,764 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by katanka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Check it out

What's the difference between the Earth and Sun models besides price ? Damn vague sites.....it's like calling a fart... sunshine......totally useless...

Peete.

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #4,765 of 9,388
Aug 3, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #4,766 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by decayed.cell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a different seller, not Lawrence. If you go back a few pages theres been a few people who have bought from this guy (I also intend on buying a Zero from him too)

I see he includes the opa627's but does he also include the dual lt1364's?

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #4,767 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the difference between the Earth and Sun models besides price ? Damn vague sites.....it's like calling a fart... sunshine......totally useless...

Peete.

Read here, as stated earlier by ccshua,
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccschua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it goes like this.. He come out with Earth and Sun. By the name, Earth is more neutral and Sun is more dynamic, full of life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well according to his Q/A:

Q: Hi, does this include usb-spdif converter? Is the OPA627 installed in DAC and is there LT1364 installed in the amp? Is digital cable included in the package? Thanks!

A: Dear Kenneth, The unit include USB-SPDIF converter,but it is not include the digital cable. For the upgrade version,the main difference is the DAC chip.The old version use OPA2604,the upgrade version uses OPA627.other parts are similar. Best regards wang shuzeng

It appears not. However, you do get the ALPS pot:
Q: Hi, does this come with the usb-spdif converter? How much for shipping to singapore/australia and how long is it expected to take? Also, is it possible to get the upgrade ALPS pot? Cheers, Kenneth

A: Dear Kenneth, Thank you for your message and interest in this item. Yes,the unit comes with the USB-SPDIF converter.The shipping cost to Singapore/Australia are USD36.8/USD43 separately.It takes 5-7 working days by transportation.And the upgrade one is with ALPS pot. Pls kindly noted and for any other query,pls contact me freely. Best regards wang shuzeng

Hm I might ask him if I can get the LT's installed actually heh.

Oh and ccshua, are you putting those in place of the OPA627s (I'm a bit lost)?

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #4,768 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's right, no 1364's. And the 627's are on an under and over adapter, not the side by side unit Lawrence includes [I don't think there's any difference].

It didn't make any difference to me, as I wasn't intending on using the headphone amp side. And I'm very happy with mine.

But if you were intending on using the headphone amp side, I get the Lawrence unit with the upgraded volume pot as well [the stock one not that great. At least on mine it not].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back