Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price
Oct 6, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #691 of 1,182
Heatsinks installed 
cool.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #694 of 1,182
I'm wondering if I should do the same. I'm keeping the D100 in a better and wide open area now so maybe that should help and it does get pretty cool in that part of my room.

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #695 of 1,182

Quote:
I'm wondering if I should do the same. I'm keeping the D100 in a better and wide open area now so maybe that should help and it does get pretty cool in that part of my room.

The heat sinks are dirt cheap and it's a 5 minute procedure to put them on, including opening and closing the case. Actually I can't think of a reason not to use them :)

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #698 of 1,182
Hi, i was really looking forward to buy a Yulong D100 until i read about that quality/overheating backdrop. Now i am not sure anymore, even with heatsinks installed you cannot be sure, can you? I am thinking about opening the Topside Case as well or maybe create venting holes throughout the Topside.

Anyway, these things sound annoying.

Any clues about the Matrix DAC (the other DAC/AMP i am very interested in) has/tends to having similar problems? Anybody around who has used the Matrix for some months extensively?

HM, dang about this heat stuff. My shelf is half closed, and yet there is no solution in sight.

Oct 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #699 of 1,182

The heat issues were in rooms without a/c - and in Texas and Florida. Both places usually a LOT warmer than Austria :wink:

I put on the heatsinks as preemptive measure, but I don't suspect I'll be "needing" them here in Denmark 
smile.gif

Quote:
Hi, i was really looking forward to buy a Yulong D100 until i read about that quality/overheating backdrop. Now i am not sure anymore, even with heatsinks installed you cannot be sure, can you? I am thinking about opening the Topside Case as well or maybe create venting holes throughout the Topside.

Any clues about the Matrix DAC (the other DAC/AMP i am very interested in) has/tends to having similar problems? Anybody around who has used the Matrix for some months extensively?

HM, dang about this heat stuff. My shelf is half closed, and yet there is no solution in sight.

Oct 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #700 of 1,182

Quote:

I can see how it would be discouraging. I've been lucky I guess since mine has never had an issue.

I've sent my Matrix Quattro around for some folks to listen to it and post their impressions. It has been a while, and I'm sure one of them will let me know right away if there are any performance issues due to heat. So far so good.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #701 of 1,182
Thanks for pointing out these facts, but i am not totally convinced.

Maybe heatsinks and venting holes could be enough.

I just wanted to say it showed frankly that if something goes wrong with the device, you gotta send it back to china for replacement/repair, which is annoying. I would take it to a guy here in my city, who is a genius in electronic repairs...he does it for a living. I mean he surely could take a look inside, but warranty would then be invalid since it has a sealed case, right?

I know it's all theoretical here, but i just need to be sure on such worst case scenarios :wink:

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #702 of 1,182

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out these facts, but i am not totally convinced.

Maybe heatsinks and venting holes could be enough.

I just wanted to say it showed frankly that if something goes wrong with the device, you gotta send it back to china for replacement/repair, which is annoying. I would take it to a guy here in my city, who is a genius in electronic repairs...he does it for a living. I mean he surely could take a look inside, but warranty would then be invalid since it has a sealed case, right?

I know it's all theoretical here, but i just need to be sure on such worst case scenarios :wink:

The case isn't sealed. You can open and close it without any trace whatsoever 
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #704 of 1,182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back