Review: Woo Audio WA6 vs. WA6SE (stock units)
Mar 11, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #421 of 508
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I got an email from Jack saying my order, along with quite a few others, was delayed due to a bad parts batch, and it would be another 2+ weeks.

Oh................2+ weeks...................that's mean I would to have a total 6 weeks of waiting or more............too bad BUT WORTH I"M SURE.
o2smile.gif

Mar 11, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #422 of 508
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh................2+ weeks...................that's mean I would to have a total 6 weeks of waiting or more............too bad BUT WORTH I"M SURE.
o2smile.gif

Might be just what I ordered though, probably best to shoot them an email

Mar 11, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #423 of 508
Just ordered a "standard" WA6. Six (or more?) weeks will be a long wait (I have already asked about my wait time in an e-mail sent soon after I ordered), but I am willing to wait to get such a huge upgrade from my Total AirHead. This will be my first desktop amp, and I'm going in pretty strongly, I think.

It does suck to know that I am going to be hearing the HD650 under-driven for six more weeks, though. Knowing that it could sound SO much better, augh. I guess I could switch over to my Stax SRS-2050II system (my favorite next to the HD650), since I probably won't be using it at all after I get the WA6.

I am also very excited to hear what all of my other headphones will sound like with the WA6. It'll be the time for the K701 to show itself. I don't like the K701 with what I have, but maybe the warmth, musicality, and output power of the WA6 will make it sing. The K501 will also be very interesting to hear with the WA6.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #424 of 508
The K701 will shine more than ever with the WA6. I know, I had them with my 6SE!

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #425 of 508
Quote:

Originally Posted by sclamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K701 will shine more than ever with the WA6. I know, I had them with my 6SE!

Hi sclamb,

I just upgraded my WA6SE to maxed out.

How do you like your maxed out WA6se?

ss

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #426 of 508
I love it
biggrin.gif
I did go mad getting lots of different types of tubes for it and have settled on the RCA 6fd7 and Sophia Princess for the time being.

I'm not sure how much difference the premium parts make (as I never heard a WA6) but I like the fact that the amp has power to drive just about any headphone and it has the look and feel of something that will last forever.

Simon

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #427 of 508
Quote:

I love it
biggrin.gif
I did go mad getting lots of different types of tubes for it and have settled on the RCA 6fd7 and Sophia Princess for the time being.

I'm not sure how much difference the premium parts make (as I never heard a WA6) but I like the fact that the amp has power to drive just about any headphone and it has the look and feel of something that will last forever.

Simon

I think in the end what my reasoning was, that at least I will know what a high end headphone amp is. And not be second guessing myself. And that's why I went with the maxed out version of the WA6SE.
I also use a PS Audio Power Plant Premiers (set on MW mode),Nordost Vishnu Power Cord and a pair of AudioQuest Diamondback interconnect cables.
Senn HD650 and a Cardas - Headphone Cable.
My source is a Pioneer BDP-09.

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #428 of 508
Sounds like a nice set-up. Mine is in my sig and here is a pic:

WA6SE.jpg

Not sure how much difference the power cords make but in for a penny, in for a pound as they say.

Do you now have your 6SE maxed out or are you waiting for it to come back? If the former, do you notice a big difference?

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #429 of 508
Quote:

Sounds like a nice set-up. Mine is in my sig

Not sure how much difference the power cords make but in for a penny, in for a pound as they say.

Do you now have your 6SE maxed out or are you waiting for it to come back? If the former, do you notice a big difference?

imo the power cords and power station do make a noticeable improvement in my system. I also use a PS Audio - Premier "SC" Power Cable for my BDP-09, and as I said i do set my power station to MuitiWave (use at your own risk) mode and run cleanwave to set things up.

No I don't have my WA6SE yet. Jack says It should ship at months end.
So I am using my LD MK IV SE.

Nice picture. Now I know how the WA6SE looks like in real life.

I have been kicking over rocks here on HF as I did when I got my LD.

ss

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #430 of 508
Quote:

Mine is in my sig and here is a pic:

Nice looking rig!!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #431 of 508
Thanks
gs1000.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #433 of 508
Quote:

The RCA 6FD7 is my favorite as well. In my avatar :)

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #434 of 508
For those of you with 6SE and 6FD7 tubes, is the increased gain an issue? I'm currently alternating between 6DE7 and 6EW7, and rarely go above 9-10 o'clock on the volume pot with both Denon D2000 and Senn HD650.
At this point, I prefer the 6DE7 (RCA) to 6EW7 (United?) for better overall impact and more "focused" sound...

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #435 of 508
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you with 6SE and 6FD7 tubes, is the increased gain an issue? I'm currently alternating between 6DE7 and 6EW7, and rarely go above 9-10 o'clock on the volume pot with both Denon D2000 and Senn HD650.
At this point, I prefer the 6DE7 (RCA) to 6EW7 (United?) for better overall impact and more "focused" sound...

The increased gain is not really an issue.

It might have a bit of noise at very high POT levels (say 1 O'clock and above) with no signal, but nothing noticeable at normal POT levels of about 9--10 O'clock (which is loud).

The 6FD7 tubes (I've got the RCAs) are very much like the Raytheon 6EW7 tubes - lots of resolution, detail, claity, but with a very dynamic, punchy sound, similar to the 6DE7 tubes.

I think you'd be very pleased with them, if you get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back