[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Jul 26, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #496 of 583
Very happy with my GR07 straight on to my iPhone4, except when playing dubstep in a noisy environment where the bass impact and rumble needs a little boost (either through EQu or the E11 that I just got).

With the E11, my first impression was that the sounds seemed to be even more separated. However, I haven't bothered to do an actual A-B comparison with amped and unamped yet. I've just been thoroughly enjoying the music for now!
etysmile.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #497 of 583
HUGE thanks for the replies, guys. I generally listen to my music reasonably loud, but nothing ear-splitting. And I, too, plan to run them through an E11. Well, it seems there's only happy listening ahead.

On a different note: does anyone have any information as to the re-packaging/revising that Vsonic implemented along with the price increase?

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #498 of 583

Quote:
On a different note: does anyone have any information as to the re-packaging/revising that Vsonic implemented along with the price increase?

The differences is mainly in accessories: PU leather soft pouch instead of hard case, difference in eartips, etc. There will be two more colors available later on. However, the sound will be the same.

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #499 of 583
I disagree with the ER4P being much more detailed... yes, the ER4P are more detailed, but etched feeling of the treble is makes them feel significantly more detailed. It's the same way with my DBAs... they sound more detailed, but they're not really much more detailed. There are actually details that I hear better on the GR07, especially when they're amped.

So yes, I think you need both IEMs. Analytical IEMs and monitors can definitely co-exist.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkovajazz /img/forum/go_quote.gifNow i'm with Etymotic er4p and i don't know what is better for me R-07 or ER4P.
Ety's are more clear, much more detailed, but R-07 are more musical and has great soundstage + great instrument separation...
... i think that i need two pairs of good earphones:)

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #500 of 583
+1 on tomscy2000's statement above..

The DBA (musical/neutral) , RE0 (analytical/neutral), and GR07 (stage monitor/neutral)  blissfully coexist in my collection..

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #501 of 583

Quote:
The differences is mainly in accessories: PU leather soft pouch instead of hard case, difference in eartips, etc. There will be two more colors available later on. However, the sound will be the same.

Thanks, ClieOS. That's a bit of a shame regarding the case; a hard case is always welcome in my books. And I think they look stellar in black, so the new colour variants don't interest me much. Any idea of what the new colours are?

Much thanks.

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #503 of 583
Jul 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #505 of 583
Few questions guys,

I am looking to buy GR07, but unsure whether it's possible to wear them without looping it over your ears? I am wearing glasses and found it's uncomfortable to wear my IEM over my ears.

Looking from some photos it looks like they are specifically designed to be worn that way?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Also, any idea how GR07 compared to UE TF10 or Monster Turbine Cooper?

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #506 of 583

Quote:
Few questions guys,

I am looking to buy GR07, but unsure whether it's possible to wear them without looping it over your ears? I am wearing glasses and found it's uncomfortable to wear my IEM over my ears.

Looking from some photos it looks like they are specifically designed to be worn that way?

Many thanks!

You can wear it straight down if you move the nozzles.

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #507 of 583

Quote:
You can wear it straight down if you move the nozzles.

I find it works best if you reverse the channels - that is, wear them backwards.

Still, these earguides are fine with glasses.  They're really slim and low-profile...I was able to wear them fine using sunglasses with relatively thick frames.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #509 of 583

Quote:
Hi Clieos,

How do u compare the GR07 with the RE0 & DBA-02? Will it be a significant update to someone who already own these two?

'Significant' is mostly depended on your perception, but I'll say going from RE0 to GR07 is a more significant upgrade than going from DBA-02 to GR07. The biggest difference between GR07 and the other two is on the overall extension and neutral, but I won't say you will find $100 worth of upgrade going from RE0 to GR07. It is basically diminishing return, even though I do consider all three of them a good buy at their price point.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #510 of 583
Depends on what you want to see upgraded over those two really...

ClieOS: I have the brainwavz B2 and I've read they are very similar in sound to the DBA-02. I find the B2's congested and somewhat flat sounding in terms of their soundstage and how they use it, at least in comparison to the GR07. Is this how you hear it also? or do you think I'm having fit issues with the B2's?

The sound otherwise is good, bass is fine, treble is clear etc It just seems like the notes lack body that extends out across the soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back