[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Mar 21, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #61 of 583
Quote:
ow does the gr07 performs compare to dba-02, re 262 or xcape?
i m currently still using my old e3c and have also tried the m6 and silver bullet. i feel that the m6 is very uncomfortable and the soundstage seems kinda narrow/cramp. whereas for the silver bullet i feel that the bass is a little muddy or drags on for too long. would the gr07 be a good upgrade.

and would amping the gr07 have great improvement? esp with the a10

If you like to see some ranking, check out the Concise Multi-IEM Comparison in my sig.

GR07 doesn't need amping, but it won't hurt either. However, I do recommend a more neutral and detail amp for GR07.

Quote:
hmm where are people buying them from? Best for delivery to australia?
Anywhere other than lendmeurears?

As far as I know, that's the only place right now that has the GR07 in stock.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #63 of 583
Quote:
I like phones that are not too bassy and really enjoy the mids. For someone that like the SE535, would I be disappointed by the GR07?

If you already have SE535, then I don't see a lot of point of getting GR07 - they don't sound alike, but I don't find GR07 to be an upgrade over SE535. It is more like a side step between SE535 and SE530. However if you don't have the SE535 and are looking for the same type of warmish sound (in a loose term), then GR07 will be a great budget choice.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #64 of 583
Thanks for the quick reply clieos. I do not own the 535,but have tried it a few times and love the sound stage and clarity of it. But it's out of my budget. But after ur reply, I would definitely go try out the GR07.

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #65 of 583
Hey Tai,

How does the Clip+ sound with these..?? Ive been toying with the idea of purchasing a 80gig 5.5G Ipod Video, for rockbox. Do i need another player... Hell no! I just want to spend some money :wink:

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #66 of 583
Quote:
Hey Tai,

How does the Clip+ sound with these..?? Ive been toying with the idea of purchasing a 80gig 5.5G Ipod Video, for rockbox. Do i need another player... Hell no! I just want to spend some money :wink:

Quite good, nothing to complain about.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #67 of 583
btw clieos have u manage to get ur hands on a pair of se215. Read the review on the other thread and it seems to be full of praise but the review was not very detailed. Now i m deciding between the se215 or the gr07. What a headachhe!

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #68 of 583
Buy both and sell the one you dont like :) Both are reasonably priced. Ive seen some SE215's pop up in the FS section for good prices, so keep an eye out.

Quote:
btw clieos have u manage to get ur hands on a pair of se215. Read the review on the other thread and it seems to be full of praise but the review was not very detailed. Now i m deciding between the se215 or the gr07. What a headachhe!

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #69 of 583
cant seems to get a hand on the SE215 they don seems to be available where i m located.
as for the gr07 i m lucky the the only distro is where i m located and i can prolly go down this weekend to audition it.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #70 of 583
Quote:

From pass experience, lower end Shure usually isn't particularly interesting, so I am probably not going to bother to try, at least for the time being.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #71 of 583

Quote:
From pass experience, lower end Shure usually isn't particularly interesting, so I am probably not going to bother to try, at least for the time being.

agreed. i had a 315 few months back and never regretted selling them. terrible earphones for the price. heck even the 425 isnt worth the msrp. more appropriate to be priced at $100

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #72 of 583
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Had similiar experince with my e3c when i first bought it too. Tried the Um1 after buying the e3c and kinda regretted getting the e3c.
but the Se215 have too many positive review that i was tempted to try it, but i think i m gonna get the GR07 instead. Thanks for all the input.

Btw does the gr07 sound a lot better with an amp paired with sansa fuze/ipod 5.5th gen?
If so which amp would suit, looking at portable amp and cant seems to find some that isn't too costly.

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #74 of 583
About amping, I don't think that an amp will make them sound a lot better. Depends on what you call a lot better, though. Out of my 0404usb they are impressive, and while the experience is less convincing with the Fuze, they still sound very good.

On the other hand the GR07 will easily show you the differences between a Fuze and a Clip+ 

Mar 22, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #75 of 583

Quote:
CeliOS, How good the GR07 with rock/metal music?

Metal is one of those music I don't listen much, but for what it worth - I don't think GR07 is picky on the genre of music. It is one of those that do well with most genres, but doesn't excess in any particular. More of a all-arounder IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back