[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Mar 17, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #46 of 583

Quote:
guess I'll have to read further details on dba02, gr07 and re262. But reading this thread -- I'm inclining more on gr07. I listen to classical and a bit of everything. Is it worth the purchase?

If you listen to a bit of everything, I do agree that GR07 is probably the most versatile among the three.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #49 of 583
It is not what I consider bass heavy IEM, but it can do rumbling sub-bass in good quality.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #51 of 583

Quote:
I don't need bass to be monstrous and overpowering other frequencies. Just to have some body, impact, nice presence and goes deep.

I'll say that fits my impression of GR07 quite well.

Mar 17, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #52 of 583
*Edit* Never mind i just read the very first post on this page :)

Out of the GR07 and RE-262, which is the better all round IEM. I tend to listen to Metal/Punk/Rock/Blues and alot more genres. I currently have the DBA's which are awesome already, but something on the other end of the spectrum would be good to mix it up a little.

Mar 17, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #53 of 583
This is so tempting. Wonder how well it would scale against the upcoming re-272.
blink.gif

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #54 of 583

Quote:
Glad to know you like it as much as I do
etysmile.gif

You bet I do!

After a few days I'm still so impressed with the GR07s. They produce a clear, even and highly detailed sound, far beyond what you would expect at this price point. 

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #56 of 583
These seem to be portable DAP friendly (but going of an impedance rating alone can be misleading).. can anyone confirm that they sound good when driven by a portable dap? .. and.. how do they sound amped?  What music has sounded good with them?

Also, what exactly separates a "stage-monitor" IEM from other IEM?

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #57 of 583
Quote:
Out of the GR07 and RE-262, which is the better all round IEM. I tend to listen to Metal/Punk/Rock/Blues and alot more genres. I currently have the DBA's which are awesome already, but something on the other end of the spectrum would be good to mix it up a little.

As far as all arounder is concerned, I think GR07 probably will work out better when compared to RE262, not that I find RE262 to have any particularly lacking in a good rig.

Quote:
OK,

Just ordered a pair. How fast are guys from Singapure's post? :)

Singapore Post is usually very fast and efficient. It is the when it reaches other country's postal service when everything slow down.

Quote:
These seem to be portable DAP friendly (but going of an impedance rating alone can be misleading).. can anyone confirm that they sound good when driven by a portable dap? .. and.. how do they sound amped?  What music has sounded good with them?

Also, what exactly separates a "stage-monitor" IEM from other IEM?

I use mine with Fuze, Clip and C30 most of the time, so yes, it sounds good without extra amping.

Stage monitor is just a loose term some of us used to describe certain IEM that are tuned toward stage usage. Generally characterized for having a warmish but fairly neutral sound that is slightly more bass and mid focus. Treble tends to be more smooth out but not lacking in sparkle or detail. Stage monitor needs to be detail sounding but at the same time not fatiguing because who ever is using it on stage will need to listen to it at an extended period of time.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #59 of 583
ow does the gr07 performs compare to dba-02, re 262 or xcape?
i m currently still using my old e3c and have also tried the m6 and silver bullet. i feel that the m6 is very uncomfortable and the soundstage seems kinda narrow/cramp. whereas for the silver bullet i feel that the bass is a little muddy or drags on for too long. would the gr07 be a good upgrade.

and would amping the gr07 have great improvement? esp with the a10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back