REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection
Dec 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #406 of 683
Most people were saying they were a retuned gr07, basically they share the same driver as the gr07 just their tuning gave it a different sound sig like you describe.

Hisoundfi compared the XE800 with his gr07 be and described them as having a tuning similar to the vsd1.

Yeah, I agree, but is there a claim/confirmation from mfr? I dono pls correct me if Im wrong......anyone for that matter. And the last line of yours is really confusing tho you didnt comment actually....:wink:

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #409 of 683
Anyone know how much these cost to manufacture approximately? Read the thread and saw http://tw.taobao.com/item/39598811470.htm?spm=a1z3o.7406521.0.0.oFNMdp at 358 RMB. But there's another one http://tw.taobao.com/item/42693692669.htm?spm=a1z3o.7406521.0.0.oFNMdp at 88 RMB with x3 feedback. Most of them are good feedback except for one that says they're not authentic. 

Feb 8, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #410 of 683
Anyone know how much these cost to manufacture approximately? Read the thread and saw http://tw.taobao.com/item/39598811470.htm?spm=a1z3o.7406521.0.0.oFNMdp at 358 RMB. But there's another one http://tw.taobao.com/item/42693692669.htm?spm=a1z3o.7406521.0.0.oFNMdp at 88 RMB with x3 feedback. Most of them are good feedback except for one that says they're not authentic. 

There's confirmed fakes without the swivelling noozle so I'd be careful if they're to cheap.

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #413 of 683
Sorry for the necro bump, but does anyone know how to open up these earphones for a recable? (and perhaps to see if the units/drivers are genuine after all)

My XE800's cable are in disrepair, shouldn't be long until the left channel goes out. I recently took these out for a listen and found it might be worthy to recable them, but I have no idea how to open the shell to do so.

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #414 of 683
  Sorry for the necro bump, but does anyone know how to open up these earphones for a recable? (and perhaps to see if the units/drivers are genuine after all)

My XE800's cable are in disrepair, shouldn't be long until the left channel goes out. I recently took these out for a listen and found it might be worthy to recable them, but I have no idea how to open the shell to do so.

Well, the small white ring (strain relief) cld be pulled down and the silver/chrome part shd be unglued to part the shells further and you get to know what's next once you reach to this point.....

edit=> @ your own risk.
smile.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #415 of 683

Well, the small white ring (strain relief) cld be pulled down and the silver/chrome part shd be unglued to part the shells further and you get to know what's next once you reach to this point.....

edit=> @ your own risk.
smile.gif

I did figure it out after reading some Chinese forums, and was able pry open the shell using an thin aluminium guitar pick:

The shell is held together by two scale model-esque joints on the white perimeter, with some extra adhesive applied. The driver seems to be held to the lower part of the shell using epoxy or something.

I still have no idea if they are genuine after all though, and I still haven't recabled them yet, at least it's nice to know that it's relatively easy to break open the shells, unlike the GR07 in that aspect.

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #419 of 683
  I did figure it out after reading some Chinese forums, and was able pry open the shell using an thin aluminium guitar pick:

(image missing)

The shell is held together by two scale model-esque joints on the white perimeter, with some extra adhesive applied. The driver seems to be held to the lower part of the shell using epoxy or something.

I still have no idea if they are genuine after all though, and I still haven't recabled them yet, at least it's nice to know that it's relatively easy to break open the shells, unlike the GR07 in that aspect.

If you had listened/owned/own GR07s and if XE800 sounds atleast 90% of GR07s then it's the same driver, that difference being different VIVO's shell,tuning etc.....And looking at the cable, they didn't knot the cable inside the shell before the driver same as GR07s not sure the cable is glued enough near the entry tho.

btw, did you finalize the cable? pls share with us when you are done with the re-cabling!

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #420 of 683
  If you had listened/owned/own GR07s and if XE800 sounds atleast 90% of GR07s then it's the same driver, that difference being different VIVO's shell,tuning etc.....And looking at the cable, they didn't knot the cable inside the shell before the driver same as GR07s not sure the cable is glued enough near the entry tho.

btw, did you finalize the cable? pls share with us when you are done with the re-cabling!

The XE800 doesn't sound exactly like my GR07 Classic. High frequencies are not as extended as GR07, mids not as detailed and low frequencies are not as tight and extended, soundstage is not as wide. For me, it sounds more like VSD1S with better mids and slightly lesser bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back