REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection
Sep 29, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #226 of 683
  keep in mind a lot of folks are waiting for the imminent release of new Vsonic VSD5/7... but these XE800s are hard to beat at this price... IMHO :wink:

Oh yes, I'm definitely looking forward to the new vsonics!   But since I've only just began looking into IEMs, and have no other model of vsonics anyways, these look to be a good place to start.

Also, these will most likely go traveling and on vacation with me, and imo, the looks of them don't scream "Hey, expensive (and steal-able) headphones right here!"
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #228 of 683
  I wonder what is a better contender for my ~70USD RE-400 or these

The XE800 definitely, I haven't even touched my RE-400 in quite a while as so many IEMs these days are cheaper and outclass them in many ways. If I really want isolation I may think about using them if I don't want to use my noble 4 for whatever reason.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 29, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #230 of 683
  I was looking into getting the FAD heaven 4 and the heir audio 3.ai also came up just because they looked so nice do you know how these compare?

No idea about the FAD, tried them once like a year and a half ago I really wouldn't remember sound sig from that long ago. Never tried the heirs also.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 29, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #232 of 683
Coming from very warm bass sound signature...Vivo might sound slightly harsh....but me find them very enjoyable with detail clarity and the bass is just right...tight fast punchy...with little burn in(non believer need not apply)...and getting used to Vivo sound sig...brain burn...tip rolling and give it some time to adjust the sound...even after all this...if still doesn't work out...maybe the sound sig is not for you...lol

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #239 of 683
That's unfortunate, I'm not really hearing the treble being too fatiguing though I would describe myself as not being treble sensitive that much.

Coming from very warm bass sound signature...Vivo might sound slightly harsh....but me find them very enjoyable with detail clarity and the bass is just right...tight fast punchy...with little burn in(non believer need not apply)...and getting used to Vivo sound sig...brain burn...tip rolling and give it some time to adjust the sound...even after all this...if still doesn't work out...maybe the sound sig is not for you...lol

I had some troubles with sibilance on my vsd3s and take some time to find the correct tip helped me a lot.

I hope that when my mh1 sony tips arrive helps me adjust the treble a little, because it's too fatiguing speacially with rock, pop rock and heavy metal. The "one" from Metallica it's very hard to listen i need to turn the volume down very very much... I don't know maybe i am too sensitive for highs... When my havi arrive i will see that, I'm discovering my taste for signatures, so patience with me guys lol :) but i liked very much the clarity this iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back