REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection
Sep 11, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #167 of 683
Sep 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #168 of 683
Fit is very comfortable, one of the best i've tried in fact, second only to the Tenores. Sometimes i forget i wear them and i can use them in bed without issues.

@shuggs, i don't think they have a wider soundstage than the GR07BE, since it seems to share the same dimensions as my GR07CE.  One reason the bass may sound sloppier could be the lesser treble emphasis they have compared to the GR07 line. 

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #169 of 683
Fit is very comfortable, one of the best i've tried in fact, second only to the Tenores. Sometimes i forget i wear them and i can use them in bed without issues.

@shuggs
, i don't think they have a wider soundstage than the GR07BE, since it seems to share the same dimensions as my GR07CE.  One reason the bass may sound sloppier could be the lesser treble emphasis they have compared to the GR07 line. 

Good!!!
Thnx for the feedback!

Now I have find a cheap seller!

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #173 of 683
Unless I can sell my ax35s I got from some site, I don't think I can but I'm looking for something all purpose as a daily driver so I am torn but the ax35 doesn't do it for me the highs tend to get a touch sharp and the mids aren't vocals aren't as prominent as I would like either.

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #174 of 683
Unless I can sell my ax35s I got from some site, I don't think I can but I'm looking for something all purpose as a daily driver so I am torn but the ax35 doesn't do it for me the highs tend to get a touch sharp and the mids aren't vocals aren't as prominent as I would like either.

If you are looking for something smooth and mid centric I'd advise you to look for something else (a re400 or a Tenore probably). The XE800 is a great sounding item, but you will need to mod it to get the sound you want.

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #176 of 683
I kind of feel bad for making this thread about me but I mainly listen to indie music, some edm every once in a while, hip hop, classical and more also I listen to astand up comedy as well

Genres don't mean much to me, i prefer a certain sound signature no matter what kind of music i listen to. The only thing i can tell you is that an unmoded XE800 has more bass than mids. The GR07 has less bass than the XE800 and it's still slightly elevated compared to the mids. As for the treble, it can sound sharp depending on the tips and the recording. Since you listen to hip hop and edm you might want a little more bass than what the RE400 has to offer. The only iem i can think of that has enough bass, goes extremely low, has prominent mids and a smooth treble for under 100$ is the Tenore. But the build quality of the Tenore is bad so i hesitate to recommend it.

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #178 of 683
  no... more like a mini marshmallow than a 'gusher' (whateverthatis)

so... the low bass has settled in after a 20 hour or so break-in/burn... these sound so good...

the 'tuning pin' thing is like my brother from Minsk said _a small wire to clean out the earwax from the dual ports_ 

To experiment with the sound, I even went so far as to cover the outer ports with tape but took it off 'cause I missed the soundstage...
I still hear a slightly wider/deeper soundstage than with my GR07BE (may be the fit?)

running amped w/ FiiO E11 and LOVING THESE VIVO XE800'S

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #179 of 683
It's so nice to know, that i have headphonebrother in distant Honolulu.
floatsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back