1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by project86, Apr 25, 2011.
First

Back
184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193
Next

Last
  1. kanter
    Is there a list of the headphones that match best with this amp and its SE ports?

2. kanter
    Can you recommend me any IEMs for Violectric, which ones are a good match, I have the V220 so can yuo recommend what you use on your V200?

3. PointyFox
    You could use an iFi ieMatch with the Andromeda. I guess the best "match" otherwise would be an IEM with low sensitivity? I don't have any low enough where I couldn't hear the hum without the ieMatch.

kanter likes this.
  4. kanter
    Thanks for the reply, appreciated, checking them out

5. Ultrainferno
  6. Quinto
    $1200,- seems a bit much if you ask me..and I loved this amp, shame..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. CaptainFantastic
    922 € in Europe. Had it on my wishlist at Thomann for a while hoping for a price decrease, but it never did and I bought something else.

8. Ultrainferno
    Perfect time then to win one for free :)

9. roskodan
    whaaaaaat, cool, if u don't win the price, remember to check the classifieds here on HF

10. PointyFox
    $1200 is a lot for an amp with audible transformer hum and a resale price around $400.

11. Ultrainferno
    I have to say I've never heard it in my units

12. Quinto
    never heard this said before and mine was dead silent

13. PointyFox
    I hear it with IEMs. I know "these aren't meant for IEMs", but I have much cheaper amps that are silent and can drive regular headphones just as well.

14. pichu
    I wonder why you seem to be the only one dealing with this humming and noise issue ?

15. PointyFox
    How many people did you poll? FWIW, the same humming with my HPA V281, just twice as loud, which makes sense since it's basically a double V200, with two transformers.

First

Back
184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193
Next

Last