Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jul 22, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #616 of 625
Thanks Eric for the advice. I had not considered the Stepdance to use with the Miracles. I have to say I am pleased with the Pico Slim and Clas Solo but if I get a chance I will certainly demo the Stepdance. Have you done side by side listening comparisons on these two amps?

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #617 of 625
Quote:

This one, perhaps?:

http://www.compudio.ca/2010/08/unique-melody-miracle-new-benchmark.html

anyway, I have a pair of Miracles and canal length is just fine for me (though, ironically, I have to sell them soon, just to cover healthcare-related expenditures)

This was indeed the review I was referring to. In the meanwhile, I contacted the UM sales team about this and they said that their "canals are on the short side of things for the purposes of comfort". So I guess there must be some brands around with longer default canals.

@Cryok95 and wahu: Thanks for the pictures. wahu, how is the noise insulation of the UM in comparison to the JH? Are there any noticeable differences, caused by material, shape, whatever..?

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #618 of 625
Quote:
@Cryok95 and wahu: Thanks for the pictures. wahu, how is the noise insulation of the UM in comparison to the JH? Are there any noticeable differences, caused by material, shape, whatever..?

Those weren't mine they were kckc's but it does seem like from his pics that UM, JH and Heir use the same default canal length. I'd expect isolation to be similar too. 

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #619 of 625
FWIW, my Merlin tips are longer than those. I didn't request musicians or comfort fit. My FS mg6pro tips are much shorter than the Merlin. FS told me they purposefully use shorter tips for all their builds. Maybe for UM it's more of a case by case basis, based on ear canal shape and length?

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #620 of 625
Quote:
FWIW, my Merlin tips are longer than those. I didn't request musicians or comfort fit. My FS mg6pro tips are much shorter than the Merlin. FS told me they purposefully use shorter tips for all their builds. Maybe for UM it's more of a case by case basis, based on ear canal shape and length?

Possibly but sometimes, longer canals can prove a problem if not done properly. I think FitEar has an illustration somewhere...

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #623 of 625
great review! though i have to point you to the below.
Sony Qualia 010 or SA5000. The Miracle isn't quite like that. Those seem to forgo deep bass extension in order to force you to focus on the micro-detail being produced

I currently own the SA-5k and the bass-extension is stellar. The bass is not very punchy but the bass goes real deep with a tautness .. best extension and quality I have heard so far. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #624 of 625
Quote:
great review! though i have to point you to the below.

I currently own the SA-5k and the bass-extension is stellar. The bass is not very punchy but the bass goes real deep with a tautness .. best extension and quality I have heard so far. 

See the measurements - down by 5 to 10dB at 30Hz depending on which channel we look at (they aren't matched very well at all in this pair). Also, check out the raw data - highly variable, with bass response being even worse depending on placement. 

I'm not saying you can't enjoy the SA-5000 - I certainly did for a long time. It's just that objectively it isn't very good at deep bass. What's there is pretty clean though. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #625 of 625
Quote:

See the measurements - down by 5 to 10dB at 30Hz depending on which channel we look at (they aren't matched very well at all in this pair). Also, check out the raw data - highly variable, with bass response being even worse depending on placement. 

I'm not saying you can't enjoy the SA-5000 - I certainly did for a long time. It's just that objectively it isn't very good at deep bass. What's there is pretty clean though. 

Thank you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back