Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Nov 24, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #241 of 625
I sent my impressions on the 18th as well, but to AmpCity and they were confirmed to have arrived to the lab a few days later. I got an estimate a month ago that they would be arriving before next monday and I emailed them 8 days ago to see if that estimation was still valid, but I've yet received a reply, so two days ago I sent another email, no reply. So I called ampcity yesterday and was told that the line to Yusuf was busy, but that they'd give him a message to send me an email, but none yet. Pretty annoying, has anyond heard from Yusuf lately regarding the UK promo?

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #242 of 625
That's interesting as I am in a similar position.

I sent my order off 3 weeks ago and was sent a mail by Yusuf telling me that I would be notified when my impressions arrived and would also be updated with the progress of my order.

A week after I sent my order I still hadn't heard back and was worried that the impression etc had been lost in the post. I sent a mail asking if they has been received. Having received no response I sent another mail , once again no response. I rang the mobile number I have for Zane (apparently a director of Ampcity UK) who informed me that my impressions had arrived and had already been sent off to UM. He apologised for Yusuf not responing to my mails.

Earlier this week I sent a mail asking if I could expect my reshells next week  (I was told a 4 week turnaround). Again I received no response so I sent a mail yesterday expressing my disappointment in the AmpCity UK customer service and requesting a response to my mails.

I have not received a response yet so I called AmpCity UK and was told that neither Yusuf of Zane were available and that nobody could help me. I have been told I will be called back.

I am fearing the worst ie that AmpCity is struggling financially and may be goning down. I just hope I havent lost my £489 , my Shure E500s and also the silver cable I asked for UM plugs to be put on. 

It is a shame as I really want a pair of Miracles but having not had customs before decided that I would try out a reshell and upgrade of some E500s with a split in the calve that I are too fragile to use alot.

If AmpCity are the only UK deals for UM I am not sure I want to deal with them again and may have to go with another manufacturer who has a different UK dealer. Given the mark up on going thorugh Ampcity UK (approx £=$) I expected better service but I suppose if a company is struggling customers lose out!

I hope I am wrong and we both get our orders fullfilled whenever that may be.

I wish I hadn't gone through all the UM threads here as I really want those Miracles but my have to go for Westone or JHs

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #243 of 625

Quote:
That's interesting as I am in a similar position.

I sent my order off 3 weeks ago and was sent a mail by Yusuf telling me that I would be notified when my impressions arrived and would also be updated with the progress of my order.

A week after I sent my order I still hadn't heard back and was worried that the impression etc had been lost in the post. I sent a mail asking if they has been received. Having received no response I sent another mail , once again no response. I rang the mobile number I have for Zane (apparently a director of Ampcity UK) who informed me that my impressions had arrived and had already been sent off to UM. He apologised for Yusuf not responing to my mails.

Earlier this week I sent a mail asking if I could expect my reshells next week  (I was told a 4 week turnaround). Again I received no response so I sent a mail yesterday expressing my disappointment in the AmpCity UK customer service and requesting a response to my mails.

I have not received a response yet so I called AmpCity UK and was told that neither Yusuf of Zane were available and that nobody could help me. I have been told I will be called back.

I am fearing the worst ie that AmpCity is struggling financially and may be goning down. I just hope I havent lost my £489 , my Shure E500s and also the silver cable I asked for UM plugs to be put on. 

It is a shame as I really want a pair of Miracles but having not had customs before decided that I would try out a reshell and upgrade of some E500s with a split in the calve that I are too fragile to use alot.

If AmpCity are the only UK deals for UM I am not sure I want to deal with them again and may have to go with another manufacturer who has a different UK dealer. Given the mark up on going thorugh Ampcity UK (approx £=$) I expected better service but I suppose if a company is struggling customers lose out!

I hope I am wrong and we both get our orders fullfilled whenever that may be.

I wish I hadn't gone through all the UM threads here as I really want those Miracles but my have to go for Westone or JHs

How come Ampcity charged you only £489 for the Miracles? They charged me £540 under the first 25 offer + the cost for custom artwork.
confused.gif

I have left Yusuf messages twice this week but have not received a reply. I have sent him an email today asking for an update. This is really worrying. Anyone else waiting for orders being fullfilled by Ampcity?

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #244 of 625
Sorry I wasn't being clear.

I paid £489 to have my E500s reshelled and upgraded to 6 drivers plus UM cable.

My next purchase was going to be Miracles (non offer price of £675 I believe)

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #245 of 625
I also sent an email to Yusuf earlier this week and still haven't heard anything.

Thing was better 4 weeks ago when I sent my impressions, they emailed me to let me know that they have received them, and a few days later they also gave me a call regarding my artwork.

I don't think they are struggling financially or going down, they probably very busy right now with numerous orders going on, but yea I do agree that they should have better control over this situation and more responsive to customers. Just hoping they will settle down and get back to us soon.

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #246 of 625
Hi boys and girls.

Our team from UMUK went on a little expedition to Germany.

Please don't be alarmed, they are back now and will get back to you all shortly.  Anything super urgent or pressing, feel free to contact any of our other offices.  We're all one team.  Apologies, we should have let you all know earlier.

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #247 of 625

Quote:
Hi boys and girls.

Our team from UMUK went on a little expedition to Germany.

Please don't be alarmed, they are back now and will get back to you all shortly.  Anything super urgent or pressing, feel free to contact any of our other offices.  We're all one team.  Apologies, we should have let you all know earlier.

Thank you for the reassurance!

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #248 of 625
Thanks for that info.

Really pleased you are all one team as I have noticed that UM Aus seem to have a really good realtionship with their customers (based on the posts I have read here). I haven't felt that about AmpCity UK since my money was taken.

Unfortunately it seems that if I want Miracles in the future I will have to rely on UM Aus customer service as it does not seem to exist in the UK

Nov 24, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #249 of 625
The reality is that we deal with a population of 25million and have a team of four, and the UK deal with closer to 65million!  The poor guys int he Philos have a really tough job as do our small (but growing) team of agents and reps on the ground in the states.

We're working hard to bring the same level of access, service, accountability and general cheeriness to everyone.  If you are disgruntled or unsettled let us know our weaknesses so we (Global) can work to address them.

We (Aus) have a decent track record but our service isn't without hurdles and bumps.  Aussies are just plain awesome :)

Nov 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #250 of 625
I have communicated with stephen guo throughout my process.  Sometimes I wonder if this man sleeps b/c no matter what ungodly hour i email him, he always seems to reply instantly.  He's been an excellent contact, and his attentiveness to my questions and concerns was really what convinced me to purchase from UM as opposed to another brand.

Nov 24, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #251 of 625

Quote:
I have communicated with stephen guo throughout my process.  Sometimes I wonder if this man sleeps b/c no matter what ungodly hour i email him, he always seems to reply instantly.  He's been an excellent contact, and his attentiveness to my questions and concerns was really what convinced me to purchase from UM as opposed to another brand.

x2 on the Stephen Guo. Really efficient and helpful guy. Made the whole process a breeze.

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #252 of 625

Quote:

Definitely - I've seen him reply at just about every hour on the clock, and almost always within 6 hours
beyersmile.png

Though to be fair, though for helpfulness and speed hes easily 10/10, I can only give him 8/10 for his knowledge of custom IEMs. The Westone rep and the Spiral Ears rep I talked to were both better in that regard. JHA on the other hand didn't impress me at all - they don't answer my questions, and are slow on top of it.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #253 of 625
Hello everyone,

ordered miracles on the 13th October , didn't get them yet but Yusuf is very fast with all his replies, actually it never took longer than 2 days to get an anwser and i was literaly spamming him :p. Latest E-Mail ( on tuesday , recieved the reply 30mins later) told me that due to the high demand i have to calculate 1 - 2 weeks more waiting time.
The only thing that makes me wonder is that so many people are getting the discount / promo , ordered early and was No. 20 or so of the "25 lucky people" :p , mean marketing tactics

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #254 of 625

Quote:
Hello everyone,

ordered miracles on the 13th October , didn't get them yet but Yusuf is very fast with all his replies, actually it never took longer than 2 days to get an anwser and i was literaly spamming him :p. Latest E-Mail ( on tuesday , recieved the reply 30mins later) told me that due to the high demand i have to calculate 1 - 2 weeks more waiting time.
The only thing that makes me wonder is that so many people are getting the discount / promo , ordered early and was No. 20 or so of the "25 lucky people" :p , mean marketing tactics

There have been promos for other regions than Europe, so I don't think more than what they say have been eligible for the discount. Besides, after the positive reviews and with the discounted price, it's probably the most bang for your buck customs out there.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #255 of 625
*laughs maniacally* CLICK TO MAKE PHOTO HUGE!

I dont want to say much about the sound yet, accept that after maybe 10 minutes of listening, I am pretty pleased. 
The sheer shock of having customs in my ears, let alone hearing a sound other than my LCD-2's is taking me some time to get used to. besides, its always good to give them at least a few hours to "settle"
I will say that if anything is sticking out as really exceptionally good, it is vocals.  dang!
btw, at the moment they are straight out of my ipod or clip+

These iem's are certainly nicely balanced.  I could very easily see them not needing any eq at all and being considered very close to "neutral"  -I use head-fi'er "Lunatique" as a reference for what neutral means.
I will probably eq them slightly if only to tweak to perfection for my own personal preference, to give them a little more sparkle around the 3k mark but they sound excellent flat, and i almost NEVER say that about any headphones. 

fit and overall quality is EXCELLENT.. almost certainly perfect. my goodness these things certainly aren't about to fall out, or even be yanked out for that matter.  getting them in and out quickly is gonna take some practice. 

the color is great.. i chose azure... its hard to capture because depending on how the light hits them they look anything between almost nearly clear, to a more blueish hue like in this photo.. I thought they may be darker, but i actually really like them just like this.  its more like a blue tint, than a blue color if that makes sense.

these things go so far in my ears its amazing.. i honestly dont think it is possible for something to go in any further

Stephen was kind enough to include a little travel case for me which is great.

more in time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back