Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Nov 27, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #271 of 625
Thats really awkward. I got the impression that the UM Miracle had some of the best highs that customs had to offer? :s

Maybe they're rushing a bit with the new orders, it seems like all the impressions of new owners are rather negative.

This makes me feel really bad about my Miracle order.. I almost want to withdraw. Really kind of regretting not going ES5 or something else instead.

Meh, I'll give the Miracle at least a month. If it doesn't work I can at least sell for $500 :/

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #273 of 625
Haha, I sure hope so. Maybe I'd find out that my ES10s are really great HPs after all. Unfortunately, I still need the isolation of a custom.

Ah well, at least I'm fully enjoying my iBuds right now
etysmile.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #274 of 625

Quote:

the lcd-2's have more sparkle, more treble definition and volume

Quote:
Highs are trash. Sounds like noise most of the time, because there is a brickwalling of the frequencies (seems to be a peak somewhere at 5.5k). When cymbals hit, they sound like noise, the echo is too long and there is not enough air for the cymbals to shine / ring through. So when you have a fast paced song, you cannot distinguish the cymbals, and you just hear continuous 'tsssst'. Not sibilant kind, but just like 'noise'.

I haven't heard the LCD2s but from some impressions and reviews they are somewhat dark sounding. Are the miracles a bit dark sounding or something?

I was considering the miracles for the future but I can't stand phones with weak high presence. 

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #276 of 625
please disregard all my comments on the Miracles so far.  As i mentioned a few posts ago, i recently noticed an imbalance in the 120hz range that i have now adjusted via EQ, and this has truly changed the sound signifigantly across the spectrum.  I am actually wondering of the other people commenting are experience the same issue.    It literally was effecting the entire sound of the IEM.  it did not come across as a typical bass imbalance to my ears which is why i had such a hard time identifying it.

once i spend more time, have a proper amp (tomorrow), and really get a feel for these IEM's I may even contact Stephen Guo about this and see what he says, but i have a lot more listening and analyzing to do first.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #277 of 625
Regarding what spekkio is saying about the cymbals, I remember reading a review actually praising the Miracles for their separation in the highs and the quality of specifically cymbals (http://www.head-fi.org/t/524158/unique-melody-miracle-review-appreciation-thread). I'm not saying that what spekkio is hearing is wrong or that the review is incorrect, but that there are different opinions about them just as there are different opinions about essentially everything.

In any case, I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of reviews of the Miracle very soon and I'm sure most of them will be great (atleast I hope so!).

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #279 of 625
i kind of feel like i'm thread jacking since this is a review thread, but it seems to be the general place to discuss miracles worth sharing..so .. i dunno maybe its time to start a new thread?

anywho, lots of listening today.. some very interesting findings.  

a way back i was in contact with lunatique.. he is a very skilled sound engineer, and he taught me a lot about true neutral, and long story short showed me how to eq my lcd-2's in a way that a. I never would have figured out ,and b. made some pretty subtle changes that took them from great sounding to.. WOW! 

so.. after some more comparisons with the lcd-2 i realized that they actually have a pretty darn similar frequency signature to the lCD-2 when i use rolling frequency sweeps (even though on paper this doesnt ad up, but oh well...)  so i decided to try something.. i used the eq pattern lunatique gave me for the lcd-2 on the miracle, and made some minor adjustments to accomodate the miracle's nasty 120hz hump, and oh my golly gee whiz!!  talk about an improvement.   i'm just amazed.  I'll have to post it once i'm really happy with it.

so i continue to listen, and tweak, and eventually hope to do a proper write up on the miracles and a comparison to the lcd-2  though i'm realizing that i will absolutely have to wait to get the amp for the lcd-2  b/c they sounded great straight out of the ipod, until i compared them to the now tweaked miracles, and suddenly they sound like poo.   Its really nice having 2 high end phones to compare to each other.. really sheds light on the sound signature of one vs the other, and is super helpful for pointing out shortcomings, or strong points of one or the other.

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #280 of 625
Thank you very much for your impressions Br777, please keep us posted. I'd be certainly interested in trying your EQ settings myself.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #281 of 625
Quote:
a way back i was in contact with lunatique.. he is a very skilled sound engineer, and he taught me a lot about true neutral, and long story short showed me how to eq my lcd-2's in a way that a. I never would have figured out ,and b. made some pretty subtle changes that took them from great sounding to.. WOW! 

Is there a post somewhere with a description of this?
If so please post a link here, thanks.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #282 of 625

Quote:
i kind of feel like i'm thread jacking since this is a review thread, but it seems to be the general place to discuss miracles worth sharing..so .. i dunno maybe its time to start a new thread?

No need for a new thread, this one is fine for discussing the Miracle (or anything relevant - UM in general, custom IEMs, amping them, whatever). 

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #283 of 625

Quote:
Is there a post somewhere with a description of this?
If so please post a link here, thanks.

Two threads, fIrst lunatiques neutrality thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/564465/misconception-of-neutral-accurate

Second a thread i started when i thought i knew how to eq.
May be useful to show the progression from ignorance to...less ignorance
The sertings he suggests in this thread are what i used as a starting point for my progressing miracle sertings.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/570890/lcd-2-equalization-stalking-the-wild-neutrality

Nov 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #284 of 625

Quote:

No need for a new thread, this one is fine for discussing the Miracle (or anything relevant - UM in general, custom IEMs, amping them, whatever). 

alright then , considering a new rig asoon as my miracles arrive , if they ever arrive.... (wouldnt have ordered if i knew it would take this long)

feel like gettin my hands on a old v1 or v2 fuze , rockbox and LOD to a ibasso d2 ... is there a better dac/amb combo for the miracles (i like the pico dac/amp but i will never order anything from the us again so asian/european market only)

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #285 of 625
alright then , considering a new rig asoon as my miracles arrive , if they ever arrive.... (wouldnt have ordered if i knew it would take this long)

feel like gettin my hands on a old v1 or v2 fuze , rockbox and LOD to a ibasso d2 ... is there a better dac/amb combo for the miracles (i like the pico dac/amp but i will never order anything from the us again so asian/european market only)

Haven't heard the Miracle myself, but I can wholeheartedly recommend HiFiMan HM-801, preferably with Game amp module.
It has a very high sound quality and it's a one in all unit instead of a DAP, LOD, amp combo.
And now RockBox is on the way which will upgrade the UI and EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back