Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Jan 15, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #61 of 625
Tulio, thanks for the post! Any more pictures of your beautiful metalic inserts would be appreciated (whenever you get a chance). I love that look!

You are correct, the FR chart is slightly different. Just going by the chart you would think that the Miracle is extremely bright, but that's not the impression I got at all. Sure there is plenty of energy there but it is nice and smooth.

Also if you are in a picture taking mood, can you get a shot of the opened storage case so we can see how the real molded customs fit in there? I'm wondering if they cut the insert specifically for your customs, or just leave a generic shape like my demo had.

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #62 of 625

As you can see it´s generic. But today I saw two jh Audio´s (13 and 16) and I could see the build quality UM products have compared to JH audio, they are even better built. And the box is really something.

For Jose: just for the record, dont know if it will help.. I sent mine with ems, took 10 days (it got stuck on customs for 3 days, but I declared it as an eight dollar package) So try to send it by Ems modality and declared as an under 10 usd.

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #66 of 625
That's some nice customs you got there. I hope to own the UM Miracle one day but funds unfortunately do not allow it right now so maybe one day :)

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #69 of 625
Thanks guys.

To make it clear, the JH Audio´s are not mine, they are from 2 head-fi members from Brazil that i´ve met personally yesterday :wink:

About the review, I think I am going to need at least 300 hours of listening.

1st because although some do not believe in burn in I do

2nd because although I do not believe so much that balaced armatures can improve from it, a friend of mine (another head-fier that got a jh 13 last year) said that it really improved the jh pro as well even though it´s not dynamic so I want to be sure that when I start my final judgement and comparisons I have an iem that won´t change the sound anymore.

3rd, I have to listen to it a lot so I will be able to know what I am talking about :)

BTW, yesterday we had the first headphone oriented meeting  (at least that I know it´s the first on Brazil).

I think at least 35% of the guys are head-fi members too, but the event gathered participants at another community (a brazilian one).

So I listened to a Beyer T1, Stax 202, AKG701, Beyer 880 premium and my own headphones- GS1000 and HF-2.

It wasn´t the perfect place to listen carefully and get real and unbiased opinions about those cans, but I was happy to see that none of them had the kind of impact to make my HP´s sound like crap, so because of the music genres I like and quality my HP´s have I am pretty much done (hopefully) with headphones!

Jan 16, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #70 of 625
Quote:
For Jose: just for the record, dont know if it will help.. I sent mine with ems, took 10 days (it got stuck on customs for 3 days, but I declared it as an eight dollar package) So try to send it by Ems modality and declared as an under 10 usd.

Hi Tulio, thanks for the tip! Stephen Guo had warned me about declared value when shipping to China. BTW, Stephen has been great to deal with since day one!! cheers, Jose

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #71 of 625
Hi guys,
reading all these impressions I feel I should also write a few words about these amazing IEM. I received mine about a month ago.
I have nothing really high-end to compare Miracle with. I own AKG K701 + Hifiman EF2, and Phonak Audeo PFE. 
Every time I bought some new earphones that weren't cheap, I expected the wow effect and it didn't really occur. Yes, PFE sound nice and all, but
there was always something missing. K701 are much better than PFE and I thought they were amazing, but again, they lacked in some aspects, especially in more complex music genres(on my setup, I hasten to add :) ).
So my journey for the best sound continued...and I eventually decided to go for Custom IEM and I ordered UM Miracle.
For the first time, I can say that nothing is missing in the music when listening to Miracle. On my iPhone 3G. Stupefying.
Instrument separation is great, sound stage is perfectly defined, treble is very detailed and never sharp.
But one thing that I think is really special is how amazing the vocals are. I absolutely love them. It is a bit difficult to describe, but it happens quite often that the barrier between me and the singer just evaporates and suddenly, I forget about earphones in my ears it is as if I was really there with the singer.
For someone who loves female vocalists as much as me, it is something amazing. Listening to Miracle is pure joy :).

I should also mention that communication with Stephen was also great, he very patiently answered all of my numerous emails very promptly.
Here's one photo, though I know I can't compete with other high quality photos in this thread.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #73 of 625
Just when I thought I had decided on upgrading to custom IEMs by going for either the ES5 or JH13pro a friend mentioned the UM Miracle.

Decisions, decisions.

Just posting my appreciation of the really informative reviews on this thread.  For us here in the UK with nowhere to demo these reviews are invaluable and greatly appreciated.

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #74 of 625
That's exactly why I do reviews around here; I've been helped countless times by "real" reviews (usually forum members rather than professionals), so I'm just giving back a little.

I'd like to add this info that came from the big ES5 thread:

Anyway, back to the Miracle VS ES5 impressions. I picked up my HD600 earlier in the afternoon, and also took the opportunity to re-audition the Miracle again. This was my impressions.

The Miracle is able to hold its own against ES5. ES5 is slightly brighter while Miracle is slightly darker in SQ. Miracle also comes across to me as more relax sounding than ES5, with ES being largely neutral with a tinge of warmness.

Bass:
Miracle hit the low notes lower as compared to ES5. But please do not be mistaken that ES5 is a bass light customs. They are not; just that Miracle hits lower. Both has the quality and quantity with the bass. To my ears, ES5's bass transient seems to be quicker.

Mids:
Westone's signature mids nicks it for me. Smooth and magical. Miracle's mids are quite neutral and not coloured. ES5's mids are slightly warm, but only slightly. Vocals sound equally good for both, with ES5 sounding slightly more forward and intimate than Miracle. Miracle sounds more laid back and relaxed and quite rich, though less intimate than ES5. I guess this is ES5's magical Westone mids at work here. I prefer ES5's mids.

Highs:
Miracle's best performing department in my opinion. Like ES5, Miracle's highs are very very smooth and very transparent and clear. Both customs have lots of details and airiness. But ES5 shades it for me cause I feel my ES5 has a sparkle in its highs. But make no mistakes, Miracle really impressed me with its highs.

Miracle's soundstage was very slightly wider and detailed than ES5. ES5's instrument separation is on par with Miracle's though.

All in all, I prefer ES5 to Miracle. But I can see why Miracle has the potential to be a hit. It is cheaper than ES5 and JH13, yet it sound on par with the other big 2. Miracle's biggest strength is its highs and soundstage. ES5's strengths are its magical mids and clarity. JH13 is famed for its versatility for the many genres of music. So the general crowd will be happy with either 1 of the 3.

I haven't heard the ES5 to compare, but his description of the Miracle sounds pretty dead on compared to my experience.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #75 of 625

Quote:
Just when I thought I had decided on upgrading to custom IEMs by going for either the ES5 or JH13pro a friend mentioned the UM Miracle.

Decisions, decisions.

Just posting my appreciation of the really informative reviews on this thread.  For us here in the UK with nowhere to demo these reviews are invaluable and greatly appreciated.

Dude, are you kidding? When (not if) your customs don't fit or there is a service issue you want to send them across the Atlantic or all the way to China?

Look locally, the ACS T1 is said to be completely fantastic and if there are any problems, you wait 3 days total, not 6 WEEKS to China.
Even the Earsonics EM3pro is a much better choice as you only send to France.

Think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back