Review: Unique Melody Miracle 6 driver custom IEM
Dec 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #376 of 625
Cryok95, 

No, unfortunately I was not on the UM demo list.

As for the perception of soundstage it would be hard to disagree with your comment on subjectivity. Also, the perception of soundstage varies, for me at least, with the music I'm listening to. Sometimes my EX1000 covers the center or middle of the stage admirably, and so the relationship of the soundstage is inextricably linked to the nature of a recording. The RE262, for instance, has sounded both extremely intimate, but more commonly very deep and distant with a forward vocal projection. I suppose nothing in the headphone hobby has confused my understanding so much as consistently denoting the parameters of a soundstage. 

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:07 AM Post #378 of 625
Good news guys (UK Promo) !

Quote:

Hi Michal,

I've been told that your IEMs are currently on the way to us, we are simply waiting to receive them before dispatching them to you!

Regards,
Yusuf

Unique Melody UK | Sales Team

dt880smile.png

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #379 of 625
Haha, you are lucky. I hope you enjoy them!

Somehow, it seems that my impressions didn't get to UM. It should have arrived weeks ago. Oh, isn't this just jolly.

:|

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #381 of 625
Mine just arrived today.  I had emailed Stephen on the 7th asking for a status update and he said they should be completed soon.  I never got an email saying they shipped so this was a nice unexpected surprise.

Initial impressions (15 min at lunch with my Iphone 4):

Fit
Inserting them is strange as I've never worn customs and it will take a little practice.  They seem to seal well but they also press on my ear canals a little so I'm going to have to wait a week or so to see if I get used to the fit.  They seal out sound easily as well as my Ety's with olive tips which are my benchmark for isolation.

Sound
Wow.  Coming from my new favorites, my HE-500s, these are amazing.  The lows are much deeper and just as clean and the coherence between low/mid/high is completely seamless.  I thought I found audio nirvana with the HE-500s but these surpass them in almost every way.  What amazes me is the soundstage (headstage) has equal width and more depth than a set of open cans.  I will spend some quality time at home with some lossless files and my DACport and report back with more details.

I was nervous with the recent posts about sound quality and knowing my expectations are always a little too high.  I can honestly say that so far, these are exceeding my expectations.

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #382 of 625

Quote:
Mine just arrived today.  I had emailed Stephen on the 7th asking for a status update and he said they should be completed soon.  I never got an email saying they shipped so this was a nice unexpected surprise.

Initial impressions (15 min at lunch with my Iphone 4):

Fit
Inserting them is strange as I've never worn customs and it will take a little practice.  They seem to seal well but they also press on my ear canals a little so I'm going to have to wait a week or so to see if I get used to the fit.  They seal out sound easily as well as my Ety's with olive tips which are my benchmark for isolation.

Sound
Wow.  Coming from my new favorites, my HE-500s, these are amazing.  The lows are much deeper and just as clean and the coherence between low/mid/high is completely seamless.  I thought I found audio nirvana with the HE-500s but these surpass them in almost every way.  What amazes me is the soundstage (headstage) has equal width and more depth than a set of open cans.  I will spend some quality time at home with some lossless files and my DACport and report back with more details.

I was nervous with the recent posts about sound quality and knowing my expectations are always a little too high.  I can honestly say that so far, these are exceeding my expectations.

Good stuff! 

As far as this being your first set of customs: obviously time will tell, but it is potentially a good sign if they initially seem tight. Much better than initially seeming loose. The first time I wore customs I could only do 20 minutes a day, and it killed my ears. After about a week I guess I got used to the feeling, and I've loved them ever since.

Dec 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #383 of 625

Quote:
How come they didn't tell you they didn't receive it?

Now apparently UM found it after I asked Stephen to tell UM to check again. Oversight, perhaps.

However, this could be a huge oversight. If my IEM isn't finished before they ship the current batch then I'm gonna have to wait a good month or so. I would be extremely miffed and that alone would probably earn a few lines of negative comments when I review it.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #385 of 625

Quote:
You may wish to ask them for a free rush build. It's worth a shot. If not I think you will get your items probably in 2012.

Already asked Stephen if it will still make the batch.

I have serious concerns though.. one of the impressions doesn't go deep enough, and I did ask for custom art. Really. Complicated. Custom art.

Still hopeful.

Dec 14, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #386 of 625
Reading this review was a mistake... Was going to just get the TF10s reshelled and probably still will but these just sound eargasmic. Woo for being 18, time to start saving... Or getting a credit card(terrible idea)

Dec 15, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #389 of 625

Yes!!!! Finally got an email from Yusuf at Ampcity confirming they have received my customs and will be shipping it soon.

Hi,

First of all, thank you for you patience regarding the delays with our promo orders. We do however finally have some great news for you!

Your customs have now arrived at our UK office and will be shipped imminently. Due to a delay with the AmpCity Fortis promo cables, we will be shipping all promo orders with a complementary 50" copper cable.

We will send all the promo items in a separate package within the next few weeks (Fortis cable, hoodies and USB keys).

If you have any further questions at all regarding the arrangements, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Have a merry Christmas!

Regards
Yusuf

Guess this means everyone who ordered through Ampcity should receive theirs soon.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #390 of 625
Has anyone received a tracking# yet or know if they'll send us one? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back