Review: Ultrasone Edition 9 and Proline 2500
Oct 23, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #106 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. nice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i am currently listening to the E9s right now. They seem more balanced than the GS-1000s but the bass on the GS-1000 seemd more refined. Again my set up blows ethiopian sheep you know what and the Grados were severely burned in. I think they are pretty comfy and dig them more than the GS1000s cuz they stay on my head and feel secure. The bass is BOOMY man! maybe too much so for my taste.

see if someone will loan you a pair of 750s to compare to your Ed.9.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #107 of 131
well my are going up for sale any day now. it's just not worth it my setup and seriously my wife is not crazy about me spending this kinda money....anyway back to the cans

been listening to Giant Steps and Kinda Blue and I think they are very very very revealing (more thean the GS-1000s from my impressions) even with my crappy source (again this must be taken into consideration as I was told the GS1000s need a good source to shine where as the E9s are a bit more flexible). almost to the point as I can say that Giant Steps was recorded and mixed pretty crappy where as Kinda Blue was done just right and these are major albums in the jazz world. They are very easy to drive! more than the Grados

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #109 of 131
Boomy bass of Edition 9 is a consequence of insufficient burn-in. It becomes actually of lesser volume than GS1000.

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #110 of 131
Good God man i'm listening to insane trance now! This headphone is FILTHY! in a good way!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing about the bass and like i said the GS1ks were very burned in when auditioned.

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #111 of 131
mr. nice before thinking in selling your Ed9 burn them in for 400 hours or more then listen to them. They are going to change and settle. I bet you will not sell them.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Oct 24, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #113 of 131
ok i've been listening for the last 5 hours and i have to say that the Edition 9s are AMAZING! The reason the bass was soooo BOOMY was only because idiot over here was only listening with the EQ cranked up without realizing
lambda.gif
lambda.gif
lambda.gif

i went thru like 10 CDs and was thinking what the hell is up with all these ****** recording engineers and i was also thinking DAM these headphones are finally revealing all the flaws in these CDs. I guess the only flaw here is you know who
plainface.gif

U guys can't be serious it telling us that there is somethin better by the same company. I can't and won't believe it even if it's true!

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #114 of 131
We don't know if anything is better, Edition 9 is the best of Ultrasone as it stands now.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #116 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look at the specs i posted above. virtually identical. it makes no sense.

i wonder if a recabled 750 sounds better than a stock Ed.9.

Its not just drivers what makes headphone sound great. All takes into account, dampening and case shapes, everything. To take best sound of headphone no matter what driver its using, it takes careful planning of those. Just like in loudspeaker world. Do you think that, for example, drivers of Sony R10 cost considerably more than, for example, Sony V6? The drivers isnt what judges the price of headphone, the sound and quality of craftmanship is.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #117 of 131
Anyone who thinks that things with the same description are equal is lucky to have made it to adulthood. That's a totally silly point of view, and I assume you guys just weren't thinking when you said that.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #118 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdarnton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who thinks that things with the same description are equal is lucky to have made it to adulthood. That's a totally silly point of view, and I assume you guys just weren't thinking when you said that.

Well vcoheda has not heard an Edition 9, so it is forgivable to have issues (everyone does until they hear one). I am personally having issues with how different these headphones are made out to be. I am slowly updating/completing this review, I have to admit some things are not as precise I would like them to be now that both headphones have fully grown on me.

Oct 24, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #119 of 131
i know companies are mostly scum!!!!!! but i don't see how ultrasone would just simply jack up the price of the 9s sooo dam high if there wasn't somthin there besides some poor sheep they killed in ethiopia (somethin sounds just NOT RIGHT about that) and BTW where the heck are the serial numbers on my ED9? i see that some cans have them burnt into the sides and others don't. How can i find mine? sorry for hijacking this one for a second......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back