REVIEW: Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro & Sensaphonics ProPhonic 2X-Soft
Jun 24, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #241 of 271
orphsmile.gif
LOL HAHAHAHA

Jun 24, 2004 at 3:29 PM Post #242 of 271
Off topic, but that picture reveals a growing problem of epic proportions--and that is the rising trend of pet alcoholism and underage smoking. Is it the owners fault, or societies?

If there would have been any pictures of sheep in that post (with or without lingerie), I would have been REALLY concerned, and turned you into the VPs...(Veterinarian Police)...

Jun 24, 2004 at 3:47 PM Post #243 of 271
Actually those doggies know exactly what was wrong with their PetCO. Diet and decided to try some of the "masters" secret stash.

Wise animals...

We should also do the same and stop fighting...why fight when you can get drunk and pass out
eggosmile.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #244 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by utdeep
Yeah, I feel really bad for Lindrone. There should be 9 pages of accolades for his awesome review instead of the turmoil we've seen here.

I agree. But look how many reads there are for this thread. For every inflamed post, there are a hundred reads by regular Head-fiers who are enjoying Lindrone's (and others') info.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #245 of 271
Hi,

Further to my previous post where I moaned about the lack of response to my e-mail to Sensaphonics, today I recieved an extremely nice reply answering my questions about ordering etc.

However, in the meantime I've ordered from Ultimate Ears. So, I feel guilty. I guess the only way I can feel good is to wait a couple of months until funds permit, then order a set of Sensaphonics.

However, I will be starting a new thread later about my buddy Wallace. He may need to get a set of custom cans unless the group can give an answer to his problems, and if this is the way for him to go, I won't feel so guilty.

If this isn't the path for Wallace, then I'll get a set for my son Alex.

Cheers
John

Jun 24, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #246 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLightOn
I agree. But look how many reads there are for this thread. For every inflamed post, there are a hundred reads by regular Head-fiers who are enjoying Lindrone's (and others') info.
smily_headphones1.gif

thank you
wink.gif

My drunk dogs appreciate your appreciation of their efforts at restoring peace in this forum
cool.gif

Here's a moving story of a lil pup I helped rescue...

Click here : http://www.gurushankar.com/13718.html

Jun 24, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #247 of 271
How did the puppy fair? Being abandoned at any age is never good, but in the first 3 weeks they soooo need mama's milk. And posting pictures of puppies and doggies is never off-topic in any thread. I always have room for more pictures of puppies on my screen.
biggrin.gif

John, so Sensa answered? There's hope yet then.. I'd prefer them, but if it falls through I may go ahead and go with some version of the UE5. My uses just don't warrant the UE10.

edit - And I apologize for being snared into a flame war. I don't regret what I said so much as the fact that took away from the thread. I strongly feel I was right, and if Penbat feels that I should be reported to the mods while HRA gets a pat on the back, then I'll accept the consequences. I think that logic is rather one-sided, but everyone has a right to their opinions... as long as they don't go into attack mode.
wink.gif

Lindrone, you already know my opinion that this is one of the most useful headphone reviews in recent memory.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #248 of 271
Since the review has been bumped up and this thread is useless anyway -

The puppy is doing great!! Did you watch the video where she was feeding? The feed is a special mix of milk and colostrum (which is as close as you can get to mothers milk) and she drinks a LOT and pees a lot as well
smily_headphones1.gif
She just peed on me...I dont care...love her to death!!
eggosmile.gif

Just give her your little finger and she will LATCH onto it and suck for all she is worth. I can imagine her little brain with the following flowchart :-

1) Wake Up -> Suck -> If nothing is there to suck then sleep else go to 2
2) Suck till your belly aches -> sleep -> If bladder is full then go to 3 else go to 4
3) Piss all over the nearest kindhearted soul -> Goto 2 or 5 depending on mood
4) go to 1 or go to 5 depending on mood
5) Sleep -> after normal sleeping time go to 1

Thats what I call a FUN life
cool.gif
eggosmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #249 of 271
So who will actually take over care for the puppy as it gets older and weaned off the finger? Will Lucky be staying with you or we she be re-homed?
smily_headphones1.gif

I feel like a concerned nagging mother now. Make sure you do this, make sure you do that, but you sound like you know what you're doing. But you're right, who leaves a puppy in a dumpter?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This thread has gone on a wild ride, going from excellent review, to flame war, to puppies.
smily_headphones1.gif
I say head-fi threads need more puppies.
smily_headphones1.gif

And someone is going to need a claw-clipping.
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #250 of 271
John has taken custody of the wee thing. He's mopping the floor right now
tongue.gif

I share two bedrooms with 4 roommates and there is no room for the pup in my house...plenty of room for it in my heart...i'll play with her everyday after work and once her eyes open up i'll take her to the gym with me.

Pups can be real babe magnets...already made two new friends...gorgeous mmuah!
eggosmile.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #251 of 271
Mr. PD, if you're reading this, when do you start with weekly claw clippings?

Wish John luck for me, it must be stressful trying to figure out what to do and when to do it, and understanding this puppy will need to learn those social skills learned from mama dog as well.. but hopefully it will be rewarding in the end. A tough 6 weeks ahead, no doubt! I would be terrified to raise puppies even with help from Mama dog.

Edit - This is what happens when you post under the influence of Breezers. I was telling my husband about the puppy when I realized I called Old Pa Mr. PD. See, both have P's and are both short, but I was actually thinking of Old Pa, our resident Springer Spaniel expert. I don't normally confuse Old Pa with Mr. PD!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #253 of 271
Quote:

Originally Posted by ferdit
Whoa! Sonafa...Lindrone you are crazy!!! The Sensa and now the UE?

But seriously, great review. Respect, man!

Wow.. you caught onto the very end of the thread.. hehehee.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #254 of 271
" This forum is english only " sorry "Minya", "Utdeep", "Shurenuff"

Thank you (Babelfish) "Plainsongs"

Original of: 18-06-2004 (03.38 p.m.). I have come reading with curiosity and interest the different commentaries and tests that on the earpieces of type IEM, made different members from these forums.

I believe that most of that reads such, they know of the subjectivity that represents a test of any component of Audio by the infinity of factors that take part and that can make radically vary the opinion from a person to another one. When we also analyzed an earpiece take part in that test elements like sources, cables, amplifier, etc., but this analysis, still becomes more complicated when the component earpieces or to analyze are more than one. It is possible that an earpiece us be better more than another one if we have used the same source, cables, etc.

It is possible that an earpiece us pleasant than another one if we have used the same source, cables, etc., but it could more be that if for example we had used a different cable the listening result also had varied in favor of the earpiece that less we liked in the beginning. Because reason had happened this, had among other factors in a cable takes part parameters like impedance, resistance, capacity, etc., that possibly adapted more to an earpiece than to the other. In those comparisons... We always used the same level of volume for both earpiece? Since we make it to calculate that the volume is most exact possible. 0.2, 0.1 differences of db or at the most db, would not be trustworthy.

I understand that when a separate component by immense desire is received; that it must to prove it, also exists surely the circumstance to feel "pressed" to us; in order as rapidly as possible to make a test of that one component and more of knowledge than it is thought of its comparison with others. I believe that a failure is committed here técnic. It seems to me perfect that it is created controversy and controversy with respect to if component determining it needs so many either whichever hours or days of running, but I believe that at heart that does not stop being one more a question audiophile (?) that musical. There is a fundamental aspect for me before making any valuation of sound with a component and is that we needed to coexist with this one during time (several weeks if it is possible), Dee this one way us we will familiarize with its sound. I believe that is unjust to try to carry out a comparative one with another component and with which already we took coexisting long time. Our ears customary and are familiarized with the sound of the same one and not thus with the one of the new component, which represents (although not it creais) a serious difficulty for just arrived. We needed to adapt to us again to the sound of that one new component.
Simply let us listen to music with that one new component by pleasing during several days/weeks, we know its sound , we try to appreciate its qualities of musicality (musical satisfaction), encirclement (pace, rhythm and timming), qualities these that cannot be pronounced when comparing and prove two components at the same time. To listen to only by the pleasure of music and the interpretations during days and weeks, separate that that one new component can demonstrate the musical qualities to us that it has, will serve later to be able to offer to our readers one more a righter and impartial test when not being our ears only conditional to know the sound one and not of the other. If we did not make the test with this one condition and premise I believe that a trustworthy result would be obtained little and therefore would condition the same one.

Other aspects exist like for example if the psychic predisposition ours were the same one if we have made the test of two components in different moments. Temperature, humidity (!!), conditions enough the result of these tests. Another aspect would be the one of our personal sensitivity. Our form to perceive sensations and emotions varies from an individual to another one and between diverse conditioners it would possibly be the educative formation that we have had, mental as as much emotional.

If we know the complicated thing that making can be tests with absolute rigor, I believe that it would be advisable that the true fan or audiophile (?), it was limited to offer its valuations with the maximum possible data of the method used in the test and always warning for whom it reads it, of the subjectivity that this one represents. Professional seriousness and mainly honesty when exposing our results of listening, of that one form nobody would have to feel hurt by the fact of to have bought earpieces of $ and read who others of $$ or $$$ (or vice-versa) are better. Even of this one way and speaking of that one seriousness is logical to compare products, whose differences of prices among them are more of almost four times.

There are components of Audio that are designed and constructed based on their relation quality/price and will be others in which it will have been tried to look for the best sound without considering the price. All the marks that are mentioned are of the top quality and the structure of its sound depends as it said of infinite variants, thus I believe that it is very, very dangerous to advise on as he is the best. The technicians and professionals who have created/designed them have used in most of occasions long time and money, in the development and investigation of such and of course with subjective personal criteria equal and different from ours. Then, we have right to say if this one or that earpiece is better, when the conditions in which we have made the test have not been it precise that the same one required. Aside from being honest with our opinions, it is necessary to be rigorous as far as the used technical methods. We must, if it is possible, try to obtain a maximum level of technical objectivity. In your commentaries on result musical (independently that technically better or is worse made), to have reason, as long as to say with all sincerity which really perceives your ears.

Indeed, I believe that the first and great problem of the earpieces of type IEM is the one of its insertion in our ears. This, due to the different morphology from ears between an individual and the other, can vary considerably in the perception of the sound, separate that by diverse reasons (traumas, etc.), our curve of frequency response also can be different.
I believe that for a long time this one he has been one of the main reasons for discussion between fans with this one type of earpieces. When a fan says that they are fabulous with the plastic corks, another one says that those of foam are better, but another one says that if that the foam goes but those of great size better and finally the one that that says the customized molds go better. By this one simple (?) circumstance, whichever fans when proving for the first time an earpiece of type IEM, will not have reached hasty conclusions. Personally years ago in my first tests with earpieces of this one type, the results were very, very dissapointing in my case, when making listening with the plastic corks. During several months I was proving all the options which it had and I found one that was to me very satisfactory. Even so it was not satisfied absolutely with the sound and among other things he was motivated according to I perceived, that to the being different the structure from both ears, the balance perception slightly was unbalanced in a channel and they escaped determined frecuency's. Make the necessary adjustments and I obtained a perfect balance.

Entering the subject of the ears ones, if to some they like to compare (?) the frequency response (?) of the earpieces to determine (?) as is the one that it likes more, because we did not analyze better than curved of answer in fecuency they have our ears? And IT IS NOT NO JOKE. To know better each one in your opinions would be interesting to see of which it forms arrive and those sounds in your earas reproduce, perhaps of that one better form you understand an a others when commenting your opinions. Years ago one of the pioneering marks in audio and the manufacturing one of acoustic boxes in his catalogue it spoke little of the trustworthy thing that was to compare the frequency answers to see its quality of sound. One of its reasonings was the one that two completely exact answers of frequency of two acoustic boxes, the answer of one of them would be altered substantially if when doing a recording of our voice, located in front of this one a simple handkerchief. The frequency response would have varied substantially, nevertheless to the our oidos quality of sound was practically equal. If the morphology of the ears ones between different races as it knows is different because not it it can be between individuals of the same race?.

There is another aspect that I also create important at the time of expressing your opinions and one talks about to the terms of words of Audio which we used to show our preferences by a certain earpiece. It seems to me perfect that praises are dedicated to people who have made a test, on the quality of the same one, but it is possible that in some cases we are exceeding. Congratulating to a fan by its excellent test when this one, in its definitions of Audio in the test is limited to speak of: BASS, MIDRANGE and TREBLE, it is possible that is exaggerated. In very rare occasions, I have read that it was spoken of the following concepts:

deep bass & midbass (extension and control)
upper bass & lower midrange
midrange & upper midrange
treble (high-frecuency extension and purity)
dynamics (microdynamics & macrodynamics)
transient detail & transparency
harmonic integrity & coherence
soundstage (width, height, depth) & apparent listening position
stereo imaging (soundstaging)
coloration (character)
pace, rhythm & timing
clarity
tonal balance
sense of scale & headroom
freedom from noise artifacts
ambience retrieval
authority
continuousness
orchestral gestalt

Within this one glossary of terms and expressions of Audio, I consider that it would be specially important that they define a relation of your priorities of sound. When reading your commentaries and knowledge that term is high-priority for you, would be of a great aid, for example: If I in my listening can give to the maximum importance to terms like transparency and stereo image, at the time of judging the values of sound of a component, I consider that if this one is superior in these parameters, also she is it in the rest of the expressions on which we based our subjective listening. To know the preferences perhaps of each one, understand far better because that one fan has chosen or has been decided by a component and not by the
other.

By the exposed thing until now, I believe that a component of Audio is quite illogical buying only by the excellent test that on the same one we have to read to another fan and even to any editor of specialized magazines. I repeat, we try to never buy without before to have listened to the product by that we are interested, your ear is the one that perhaps has the last word and probably with a little education (in the form of which and like listening) a sensitivity superior to which creates to have "golden ears". I understand that some of you would please you (and I observe that some therefore makes), that advised to you as it is the best earpiece, but the answer to that one question and like in any other component of Audio, is impossible to establish. Good, if that exists, but it is an individual and personal criterion (very subjective) of each one of you.

With respect to the sounds that we perceived, I detail, for some few that do not know it, some words that we used to define those serious ones, average, acute and to whichever cycles (Hz/Khz) approximately, they are possible to be referred in each case:

extreme bottonbelow 32 Hz
lowbass (bottom octave) (deep bass) 20-40 Hz
midbass 40-80 Hz
upper bass 80-160 Hz
lower midrange 160-320 Hz
middle midrange 320-640 Hz
midrange 640-1280 Hz
midrange (lower treble)320-2560 Hz
upper midrange (middle treble) 2560-5120 Hz
highs-lower highs (upper treble) 5120-10240 Hz
extreme highs-top octave 10240-20480 Hz

With respect to the commentary on listening before buying, to know as is many occasions one of the main problems of audiophiles (?) and become fond of by this one reason? Pués that when using that earpiece for example in another surroundings (system) different from the one from the editor or become fond of who commentd out positive, is that account occurs that the sound that emanates of the same one is not all the good one that it was expected and when trying to fix those problems (of the earpiece but by it not to have listened before), begins to enter a vicious circle to change accessories (cables, etc) in order to palliate the defects that find. After little or long time that one audio'filo-becoming fond of finds! FINALLY! the yearned for solution to all its problems in question, ... that..... A TEST OF The EXTRAORDINARY Thing IS TO READ THAT THEY ARE EARPIECES AND OF WHICH IT HAS OF COURSE NOT LISTENED BUT IT DECIDES TO BUY THEM.

It is not completely inaudito, to read commentaries like this one: " a form to verify the quality between two certain earpieces could be determined because in the one of them list of clients related in his Web she was ampler than in the other " ????????????????.

Speaking of these fórums, commercial interests behind certain commentaries, quite possibly partial are hidden, of some of the people who write in such. Exists commercial interests behind some of the pseudonyms of the people of these fórums? If it is thus, it would be possible to be gotten to obtain that in these forums had also not been influenced by those commercial interests in which the immense majority of magazines and editors of Audio move in the world.

A good editor must have un good ear, to be a good technician and first of all to demonstrate in its writings, sincerity and honesty in its words. To look for to find you in your commentaries (of sincere people to sincere people) a little fresh air to this one declining (my opinion of certain sectors) world of the Audio one (declining reason why it said of commercial interests) and that the last and new technologies I believe that they are helping something to that one decay.

Technologies like the digitalis and at the moment the sophistication of the multi-channel sound, I believe that they are contributing to the loss of that one pure philosophy that is the naturalness of the sound. I consider that in the recording technique when this one is simpler, the musical result is superior. As far as digital formats, I believe more in the SACD than DVD-Audio. The SACD offers one more a richer restitution, more precise and clean, with the SACD they can to feel like in the good recordings in vinyl, those silency, those prolongations between notes. Possibly they can seem insignificant things, but for my they are fundamental in the musical breathing.

Well, my fundamental opinion is that when we listened to some equipment of sound (even and porqué no, also on the basis of earpieces) and this one we like, to try not to fall in the trap to think that we with the same acoustic boxes, etc. will have the same quality or with anyone of the other componenentes. Let us try to buy all the complete set, pués when desasociar them is when they can begin to come the problems. Even so and everything, is almost safe that we will not have considered an element fundamental and the FIRST a to consider before the purchase of any equipment of certain quality and is the one of the acoustic quality of the room or room where we will install it.

If we have 100,000 $, we will obtain more yield to them if we used 20,000 $ to prepare room and 80,000 $ for the equipment, that if we used exclusively 100,000 $ for the purchase of the equipment. Making a similarity either extrapolation, could be the waiting room of our auricular pavilions (by that difficulty in the insertion-adaptation), equivalent to the room or the room. Like the sound equipment needs to have the suitable acoustic surroundings more (time of reverberation of the room adapted to the type of music). They are our ears suficiently prepareds in order to perceive all the shades of the different sounds and with an impeccable answer from frequency after the perfect adaptation from them of the suitable corks more. As much cost in earpieces is necessary and not to dedicate a part of that one budget namely if our oidos will be able to perceive all the shades that those wonderful earpieces of $$$, hide within their bodies of acrylic materials, silicone, etc..

It has who speech of that famous phrase " the final quality in the sound of an equipment comes determined by the worse one from the elements than they compose ", but, who considers as he is worse of those components and based on which. Also pués in her comments that the most determining component is the sound source, begins all the process, but because not of the room of listening. A balanced and homogenous sound has the much, very many that to see with habitación/sala of listening. All sinergía of the system will see severely it jeopardize if the acoustics is deficient as it happens in most of situations. Perhaps in addition if the characteristic of the source is the capacity to transmit the purest signal (free of external noises, etc.), the room is not responsible partly to generate or not those noise . And almost at the end of pyramid, before our ears, who becomes to locate to have a fundamental paper in the form in that our oidos will perceive that wonderful music? ....the room naturally.

I believe perhaps that on this the one that has had the opportunity to go to the last CES, the tests that carried out D W will have been very peculiar either probably will add the more to confusion to this one complex and subjective world of the Audio one. And perhaps before the source is not also a fundamental element as they are the discs. Very important part of the final quality or of the problems that seems that they have our component equipment either also comes motivated by the bad quality in the recordings or in the recordings from discs. Whatever times that we thought that bad sinergy of an equipment can be motivated by or as so component, when its problem is in the recording.

Bién to finalize this one writing, to say that it seems to me perfect to express your opinion, but with a total objectivity and rigor in the analysis, in addition of course and over all SINCERITY. We do not let some of us influence by the fact that to the bought salary a determined mark of earpieces we think that they are the best ones. When we read to another audiophile-becoming fond of to say that it also has them (or not) but that another mark is better, we know to read "entre líneas" if its test is rigorous as far as the conditions that since minimum has used. Perhaps in some occasion it is tried without no reason logical to discredit to a certain mark and to avoid this one abusurdity we consider the only factor that as it said is the one that we must really consider...., our own ones ears and of the form that we listened, as the sounds arrive to us and as we valued them.

Team ………………………………….????????????????????
PALAU DE LA MUSICA CATALANA
AUDITORIUM DE BARCELONA
GRAN TEATRE DEL LICEU
Team ………………………………….????????????????????
MUSICA EN VIVO Y EN DIRECTO

This he will be my first one and last writing, I mean with it that I will not establish any dialogue (positive or negative) with respect to the possible controversies or commentaries that can provoke and generate my opinions to the reading of the same one. A lack of courtesy will not be this one as for me, rather quite the opposite, a form to respect and to corroborate my convictions of course and yours. A warm greeting To ALL the FANS.

AUDIOFILO (?) Whyt of that one question in the word audiphile? It is a concept that knowledge treatment that means and goes ahead that nothing exists in my spirit reason why somebody can feel like victim, but in my ignorance I have seen that some of thus denominated, are people who in their long and interminable listening and walkings by all the stores and halls audio, listened to "sonidos" basically;. They only looked for the quality in the interpretation.

PLEASE...... SORRY TRADUCTION (inglish)

Jun 29, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #255 of 271
You know, I would be interested in reading the original in Spanish (or did you write it in catalano?). PM me if you wish.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back