Review - Triple.fi10 Custom Silver upgrade cable by user Chris_himself
Feb 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #16 of 40
OK the parcel had arrived...Expect a review real soon :)

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #18 of 40

Quote:
OK the parcel had arrived...Expect a review real soon :)

First name on the order? Gotta put a name to the Head-fi profile :)

Thanks for ordering though, you guys are funding my Hifiman HE-4 little by little

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #19 of 40
Ordered some cables for my UM customs earlier this week. Looking forward to trying them.

Mar 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #20 of 40
Purchased the balanced cables for my JH16 and boy oh boy...this cables are amazing compared to the Jaben cables with i had for the last 2 yrs...Sound is more 3D and vocals are more forward. The highs and mids are so so much clearer now. Only thing is the bass which is abit distorted. Will let it burn in for another 70hrs and see. Anyway for the price I paid for the cables it well worth everysingle penny. And they unleashed my JH16....Thanks dude...Will contact u soon abt my recabling of my MS2i.

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #22 of 40

Quote:
Purchased the balanced cables for my JH16 and boy oh boy...this cables are amazing compared to the Jaben cables with i had for the last 2 yrs...Sound is more 3D and vocals are more forward. The highs and mids are so so much clearer now. Only thing is the bass which is abit distorted. Will let it burn in for another 70hrs and see. Anyway for the price I paid for the cables it well worth everysingle penny. And they unleashed my JH16....Thanks dude...Will contact u soon abt my recabling of my MS2i.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!

I'm glad you're happy though. Stay frosty my friend.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #23 of 40
Bass distortion gone after cable is burn in....Bass is fantastic tight and smooth.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #24 of 40
Now I am having Chris_himself build me a cable for my Hifiman headphones.  I will create a review for those cables too...He always puts his personal touch on his work.

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #25 of 40
Thanks, I've got my own Chris Himself cable from the FS Forum with wood accent, that I'm going to use with my TS842

Quote:

I can send you a sticker of wood accent pattern and then they'll still fit :D

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 40
I just got my Chris Himself cable off the FS forum, and I've got to say this is my favorite cable for my TF10 custom.  It really does a great job at increasing soundstage depth (compared to my Arete), It's got more bass punch, that is still tight, cleans up the spectrum well, and takes the edge off of the treble/mids.  The sound is definately fuller/warmer to my ears, while still maintaining good clarity.  

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #27 of 40

Quote:
I just got my Chris Himself cable off the FS forum, and I've got to say this is my favorite cable for my TF10 custom.  It really does a great job at increasing soundstage depth (compared to my Arete), It's got more bass punch, that is still tight, cleans up the spectrum well, and takes the edge off of the treble/mids.  The sound is definately fuller/warmer to my ears, while still maintaining good clarity.  

Well thats nice to hear :D

Glad you're enjoying it man. To be honest when I started doing this I never expected cables to make as big of an improvement as people are discovering haha... now I don't even get to hear what stock headphones sound like since they're immediately recabled 

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #28 of 40
I just got mien today and they are pretty awesome. I do have one question though with the TF10s, maybe someone can help me out. Which way do the pins go? I assume the dots go towards the side without the UE but I am not 100% sure and the soundstage sounds little weird, One might be OOF. Anyone?

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #29 of 40

Quote:
I just got mien today and they are pretty awesome. I do have one question though with the TF10s, maybe someone can help me out. Which way do the pins go? I assume the dots go towards the side without the UE but I am not 100% sure and the soundstage sounds little weird, One might be OOF. Anyone?

The dot should point towards the back, it'll sound a bit garbled until a few dozen hours in. Then the soundstage should kick in pretty hard. I'm not saying it adds soundstage, but before the bass was a bit boomy so it'd bleed into all other aspects of the TF10's sound. Also that treble sparkle (sometimes sibilance) gets sorted out as well and just because sweet and clear.

I didn't believe in cable burn-in for a while but concerning my stuff, it's pretty real.

Sorry I missed your e-mail man, I get about 20-30 a day (aren't I a cool guy) and sometimes I hit that "next" button on g-mail twice by accident while reading 

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #30 of 40
Chris is still my favorite cable supplier...he made my lod and is now making me custom cables for my Hifiman HE4s.  I don't understand why people like pay 3-6 times the price for lesser cables from China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back