[REVIEW]: The Silver Poison: Pure, Cyro-Treated, Silver Cable For In-Ear Monitors From Toxic Cables
Aug 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #47 of 57
Quote:
Got my silver poison

superb build quality and looks classy
it gives smoother, fuller and balanced sound

That's it in a nutshell.

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #49 of 57
Im soon gonna order this cable but dont understand all the options:

Viablue 3.5mm (large) + FREE
Oyaide gold plated + £8
Oyaide gold plated R/A + £8
Oyaide rhodium + £12
Oyaide rhodium R/A +£12
Neutrik R/A + FREE
Valab Carbon Fibre 3.5mm + FREE
RSA + FREE
Basso + £10 (Gold plated contacts)
TRRS + FREE

If someone could explain the different options.

Thx

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #50 of 57
They are options for different terminations. The cables come as standard with a mini Viablue plug, which in my opinion is the best mini currently available, which is why i use them.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #53 of 57
just bought one on the market here with rhodium plated Oyade plug.
will keep you guys posted.
But they look so amazing.
still a little steep for a cable.

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #54 of 57
I have an hpa8 fostex and th900 and the cheapest usb cable to man kind. Music sounds great, matter of fact, better with each hour of burn in. however after much research, counter to what even fostex usa suggested, that its just packets of 1 and 0, doesnt matter. I have gone ahead and orderd from japan oyade continental 5s, will post the test when it arrives next week. Man they spend a lot from jewellery grade silver coating to silk..... I figure after much research that the effort put in does seem to effect the wave shape of the packets, or  improvement of transmission characteristics, this effects what we hear, seems to be validated by lots of folks. we shall see. for that matter i will disclose a test of Furman AC-215A Power Conditioner, another contentious debate as to whether quieting the ac signal noise actually effects what we hear. regardless where im at, surge and other protection is needed. 
so i shall admit at this point that a will continue to pepper the economy with cash but have stopped short of lightspeed cable price of 1200$ or say quantum resonant qx2 power magnetic filters at 1700$, canada by the way. cheers.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #55 of 57
nice review Kunlun.

I see from your comparison between Silver Poison and TWag that Silver Poison has the features of the silver cable but does not sound thin (as typical silver cables do). I have a question though. Did you have a chance to compare Silver Poison to any reputable hybrid cable (where there are strands of both pure cooper and pure silver, not SPC)? I'm wondering whether hybrid cables do not give the same what Silver Poison does i.e. the best features of pure silver but without sounding thin.

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #56 of 57
From what I know, silver won't sound thin if cable uses enough of it. That being said, thinnest comes from a lack of silver.

Very nice review, Kunlun, those impressions of cables are always so interesting to read! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #57 of 57

It's Kunlun's review that triggered me in purchasing the Silver Poison from Toxic Cables, in order to cut down on both cost and waiting time I opted for the DIY version.
I'm very happy with the outcome after using it with my Westone Um-Pro50 for several months. Keep in mind that  you need to burn in the cable for at least 100 hours if you choose the DIY version, I believe Frank @ Toxic Cables burns the cable in for you if you get a ready made version. Here's my first attempt at the DIY version, I have since changed the 3.5mm plug with a Furutech Iridium plated Cryo plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back