REVIEW: The Sennheiser HD 215 (the HD 205's bigger brother)
Aug 19, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #46 of 195
Quote:

Yup!  That's where I spent all day today.  It was great!  You have no idea how therapeutic it is to talk to people about soundstage and upper mids without their eyes glazing over.

It would have been nice if Sennheiser was there.  Still, you'd never know that they weren't because there were like a KAJILLION HD 800s there.  Sennheiser's probably busy gearing up for IFA 2012 anyway, so it's cool that they weren't there.

There was an HD 25-SP II there, but I didn't have time to listen to it.  Plus, its not like I can do a full review off of a meet impression anyway right?  However, I was able to hear Jude's Amperiors.  I was only mildly curious about them before, but I'm downright chartreuse with envy now.  Anyone who thinks that Sennheiser only does clinical cans seriously needs to hear how crazy fun these are.

OT:  BTW, Mr. Speaker's Mad Dogs (modded T50RPs) are no joke.  Buy 'em.  Seriously, just buy 'em.

Keyword modded. Buying a T50RP won't just do haha :)

I think I saw Jude selling Vmodas in the picture!~?

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #47 of 195
Quote:
Keyword modded. Buying a T50RP won't just do haha :)

smile.gif
  Yup, it's gotta be modded.  And as far as mods go, Mr. Speakers does one heck of a professional job.

Quote:
I think I saw Jude selling Vmodas in the picture!~?

LOL, looks like it right?  Nah, he was just making the rounds and talking to everyone.  Actually, you'd be surprised at how down-to-earth the V-Moda reps are in terms of just talking headphones and audio.  They'e not just mindless reps out to push their own product - quite refreshing.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #48 of 195
Good review now I know how to describe the bass response and other things I like... perfect I'm going to have to read that again probably one of the best headphone reviews I have read .should be  a sticky!

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #49 of 195
Quote:
Good review now I know how to describe the bass response and other things I like... perfect I'm going to have to read that again probably one of the best headphone reviews I have read .should be  a sticky!

Thanks preferedu!  Are you consider the HD 215 by any chance?  If you are I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have while all the impressions are still relatively fresh in my mind.

Aug 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #52 of 195
Amazing review, one of the most organized, concise I've ever read on Head-Fi. 

And bonus points for using The Railway Children as a demo source!

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #56 of 195
Quote:
I wish Sennheiser would let me check them out. :frowning2:

Haha, they're saving all the HD 5XX series stuff for you.  As a noob, I only have level HD 2XX clearance - which just happened to be what they needed atm.

Quote:
They are ok headphones. Pretty good at the price for studio use, not DJ use. Nothing really too special though :/

They're definitely not bad, and even have quite a few plusses in my book.  I do wish they backed off a little with the sibilance, but overall a good effort, especially given the $80 price point.  I could think of far worse at that price.  I would take it over the HD 205 in a heartbeat, that much is clear.

Quote:
Amazing review, one of the most organized, concise I've ever read on Head-Fi. 

And bonus points for using The Railway Children as a demo source!

Wow, such praise from a Head-Fi veteran!  I'll bet you've seen your share of reviews over the years so that is a much appreciated compliment indeed.

I can count the number of The Railway Children (the band not the book) fans I know on one hand - with you included.  BTW, have you had a chance to hear their Gentle Sound album?  Let's just say that it's um, different.

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #58 of 195
Quote:
Yeah they have really gone into corner

So what? 675? 698? 750? 850? 699 

I'm more referring to the HD598 since it can't go into the 6 range due to the HD600 and HD650 occupying that territory. HD558 still has plenty of numbers before it hits HD595, same with the HD518 before it hits HD55. But the only thing the HD598 can pull off is a HD599, unless they start tacking letters on like a HD598X or something. Perhaps that series will cease to exist, or be reborn into another series, sorta like the D2000 (de)volving into the D600. Only time can tell.

Sorry, I'll stop derailing the thread. At least this served as a bump for an awesome review!
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #59 of 195
Quote:

I'm more referring to the HD598 since it can't go into the 6 range due to the HD600 and HD650 occupying that territory. HD558 still has plenty of numbers before it hits HD595, same with the HD518 before it hits HD55. But the only thing the HD598 can pull off is a HD599, unless they start tacking letters on like a HD598X or something. Perhaps that series will cease to exist, or be reborn into another series, sorta like the D2000 (de)volving into the D600. Only time can tell.

Sorry, I'll stop derailing the thread. At least this served as a bump for an awesome review!
wink.gif

the hd580 did go from the 500 territory into 600 territory. so... maybe a hd598 maaaaay become a hd605. i dunnu just saying :p hd595 -> hd598 -> ......hd603/hd605?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back