REVIEW: The Frogbeats C4...an explosively good custom in ear monitor....SERIOUSLY!
Oct 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #46 of 253
Thanks for the kind words!

I'll shoot an email off to David at Frogbeats and ask him to chime in.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #47 of 253
Hey guys, David here. Thought I'd join in the chat and see if any of you guys have questions. Naturally I'm contactable through Frogbeats but easier to post here!

In answer to a few questions:

The C5 has has a better bass extension and is slightly v-shaped. 

There's no current plan to do reshells at the moment, sorry guys!

Shipping costs will be covered by £18 - you can check all the shipping costs by adding them to your cart and then estimating the product cost. 

The frogbeats logo is there by default, but you can ask for it to be removed at no extra cost. 

Group buys - these are not set to only one model per group buy, and they are more than flexible if you guys come to an agreement about it all. We are happy to hear out all of you and see if there's a good medium that can be achieved. I am well aware that they are not in the lower end of CIEMs (for a good reason, and LFF I think outlined that in the review) so we can always rethink offers if you get together and show you're interested in buying. The numbers also don't need to be kept to, if you get 7 or so then maybe we can work something out and give you all the 10+ discount. 

We're also planning on individual discounts (in the region of 15-25% off), how do you guys feel about that?

Well aware that the current ordering system is not built for CIEMs, which is why we're building something to fix that. It will be released this weekend. 

Cheers for the great review LFF!

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #48 of 253
As you seem to be a new company, it would probaly good to launch discounts to tempt us  head-fiers and have more people discuss your products. 
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #49 of 253
Quote:
Hey guys, David here. Thought I'd join in the chat and see if any of you guys have questions. Naturally I'm contactable through Frogbeats but easier to post here!

In answer to a few questions:

The C5 has has a better bass extension and is slightly v-shaped. 

There's no current plan to do reshells at the moment, sorry guys!

Shipping costs will be covered by £18 - you can check all the shipping costs by adding them to your cart and then estimating the product cost. 

The frogbeats logo is there by default, but you can ask for it to be removed at no extra cost. 

Group buys - these are not set to only one model per group buy, and they are more than flexible if you guys come to an agreement about it all. We are happy to hear out all of you and see if there's a good medium that can be achieved. I am well aware that they are not in the lower end of CIEMs (for a good reason, and LFF I think outlined that in the review) so we can always rethink offers if you get together and show you're interested in buying. The numbers also don't need to be kept to, if you get 7 or so then maybe we can work something out and give you all the 10+ discount. 

We're also planning on individual discounts (in the region of 15-25% off), how do you guys feel about that?

Well aware that the current ordering system is not built for CIEMs, which is why we're building something to fix that. It will be released this weekend. 

Cheers for the great review LFF!

Hi David. Thanks for the answers. Great news about the individual discounts! Definitely a good way to spark more interest in the product...not to mention I'd buy anything when it's 25% off.

About the rush order option on the site, I'm still not sure what it does, really. Does it mean that a different service other than DHL is used?

Also (sorry about all the questions) is/will there be any options for transparent shells? I don't think I see that option on the site either. I know that you're re-vamping the order system, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks again for taking the time to answer all of our questions! 

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #50 of 253
Quote:

Indeed! I swear...unless you run individual tones, you will NEVER hear it.

Of the three universals I heard, none of them sounded EXACTLY alike. They all had a neutral sound signature, yes...but they varied a little. I think that's just the nature of IEM's and our ears.

The universal I tried and the actual UERM I received sounded pretty different. Also Average Joe and I had some differences in listening impressions for the UERM as well. This really leads me to think that the tuning for each custom is really affected by a person's ear shape.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #51 of 253
well guys, i think im in for the groupbuy if the deal's right. i've been a member (albeit not very vocal) since 06 & having an inkling of LFF posts all through these years, i do believe he's not prone to over exaggeration. i've done the DAP+AMP weighsatonbundle thingy & i for one, am excited to be able to get hi-end sound from just a clip+.

David please sharpen your pencil & guys lets get together to take advantage of this find by LFF.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #53 of 253
Perhaps we should start a new thread for a group buy?
About frogbeats. I am a happy customer there already. Bought my GR07 and Crystal there. When the Crystals broke, I got a replacement soon enough.

I don't know about the other people interested in a group buy but how much I want a CIEM soon, I need to wait until early November at least before I have the funds. I also would not mind waiting until end of December. So we might need to agree on a specific date to end the group buy and order.

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #54 of 253
Quote:
Hi David. Thanks for the answers. Great news about the individual discounts! Definitely a good way to spark more interest in the product...not to mention I'd buy anything when it's 25% off.

About the rush order option on the site, I'm still not sure what it does, really. Does it mean that a different service other than DHL is used?

Also (sorry about all the questions) is/will there be any options for transparent shells? I don't think I see that option on the site either. I know that you're re-vamping the order system, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks again for taking the time to answer all of our questions! 

Rush order means we fast track the creation time of your CIEMs, so instead of 4-5 weeks we cut it down to 2-2.5 weeks. This has nothing to do with the shipping used, DHL will be used if it is outwith the UK and Royal Mail Special Delivery (unless specifically requested otherwise) will be used in the UK. 

We can offer clear shells, however due to the complexity of them they can take a bit longer and they're not as easy to make. So it would be an additional cost of £15 for them. However this might change in the near future so I will keep you updated on that.

The order system is atrocious for such a complex product, and I do apologise for it. We do allow orders by just chatting through email and then establishing exactly what you want then you'll get invoiced.

Discounts will be up tomorrow!

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #55 of 253
Well darn. Ridiculously tempted. Was very pleasantly surprised by my experience with Heir Audio's universal IEMs, was just thinking about getting a pair of customs for myself. Had the Miracles in mind but Luis's praise of these CIEMs has me very much reconsidering my plans.

Would be up for an immediate group buy, am curious about the discount % that would be applied. :) PMing David and inquiring now.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #56 of 253
I just bit. David gave me an individual discount and showed some fantastic pictures. Couldn't resist. ^___^;;

Getting my impressions done ASAP. Going to be filled with weeks of longing as I wait for these.

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #57 of 253
Quote:
I just bit. David gave me an individual discount and showed some fantastic pictures. Couldn't resist. ^___^;;

Getting my impressions done ASAP. Going to be filled with weeks of longing as I wait for these.

Trust me....it's so worth the wait!

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #58 of 253
Quote:

Which one did you go for? I also have the Heir 4A.i, which is fantastic, but it becomes uncomfortable after few hours despite trying tons of various tips. 
frown.gif
  I also find the treble's sparkle very slightly overdone. Waiting for comparison.....

Oct 6, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #59 of 253
The Miracle are on their way to me, I hope I could order these to compared. Unfortunately, I just ordered 3 pair of CIEMs so my wallet needs time to heal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back