[Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for 668b+681!)
Dec 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #108 of 167
What do you think of my new cup design? xd

I'm just experimenting, planning to drill holes on these cups to make the luxes full open, and then drill holes of course for cables etc. fun modding. everything is yet reversible.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #111 of 167
Quote:
What other pads is anyone using other that the WOW creative ones? I see they are out of stock. 

You could probably order them directly from Creative if you want those, they are pretty nice.

AKG 240 Velour pads are very popular with these but they are also the most expensive. ($34)

There are some pleather pads that somebody on ebay sells that are a more comfy material but they are not as deep and are more cheapily made. ($8)

With a little DIY'ing I also think the DT770 Pads miiight fit

any earpad that will fit the AKG 240/241/242 will fit the Superlux

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #112 of 167
Hello head-fi'ers :) my first post, though I've been a dedicated lurker for many moths now.

Quote:
What other pads is anyone using other that the WOW creative ones? I see they are out of stock. 

I'm using Reloop RHP-10 (that is, hope I got the model right) on-ear pads for my HD681B and so far I've been very satisfied with them. Very good comfort, finally my ears don't sweat at all in the SL's, plus I think they add some depth to the sound compared to stock. As an added bonus, I have them on-ear now, which I personally prefer (I like the feeling of tightness over my head, also the different suppression fits me). The Reloop cans come with on-ear and over-the-ear pleather pads, one pair each, and while I don't have these headphones myself nor have I even heard them (a friend DJ uses their housing for his DIY cans and was kind enough to sell me his spare pads, seeing how I liked my HDs geared with them), I'd say if you know anybody willing to sell their extra pair for a reasonable price (I got mine for about $15), they'd be worth it. Very much worth at least trying them out if given an opportunity.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #113 of 167
Greetings! I have a question about recablong - is there a noticeable difference between a Y split and a single cable? I bought a good extension cable and replaced the original one with it.

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #114 of 167
I'm looking into the HD668 or HD681, mostly for movies, plugged into my receiver's headphone jack. Which one do you recommend for movies? Do both models have the same amount of ear room and depth? Is either model more comfortable? Thanks.

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #115 of 167
Quote:
I'm looking into the HD668 or HD681, mostly for movies, plugged into my receiver's headphone jack. Which one do you recommend for movies? Do both models have the same amount of ear room and depth? Is either model more comfortable? Thanks.

Both are pretty much identical in comfort, which is not very good. You should get AKG 240 Velours for both of them and stretch the headband.

HD681 would be better for movies.

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #117 of 167
These are already dying on me. Right cup cuts in and out. Have to knock the left headphone for it to come back. Maybe I abused the headband a bit too much not having it parallel all the time. 

bought March 14, 2013

Correction: They WERE dying on me. Then this happened.

Soldering was undone for the right headphone. Fixed

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #119 of 167
Totally worth it.  Honestly I don't really have a problem with the stock pads.  I would like to get the velour pads just because it would be that much better, but I've lived with the stock pads thus far and they are fine.

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #120 of 167
out of the box these cans are amazeballs. 
smily_headphones1.gif
 still burning them in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back