Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
Oct 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #152 of 262

Quote:
The problem has only cropped up once so far, it occured after around 8 to 10 hours of burning in over night.
So far with 2 hours of listening it has not occured. I suspect that it overheats after prolonged hours of usage?
Btw, the left driver is printed with a R instead, took me long enough to notice it lol, didnt bother to send for RMA once again.

Yes, it will overheat with prolonged use and then fade back in fairly quickly when you let it cool. Guess someone stuck a shell printed with 'R' on the left driver at the factory.

Quote:
ljokerl,
Sunrise Xcape IE or Fischer Audio Silver Bullet?
Thanks!

That's a tough one - I really like both. I think the IE has a slight upper hand in technical ability with its high levels of detail and texture while the SB offers a bit more treble sparkle and a wider soundstage. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #154 of 262

Quote:

update: The strangest thing is happening and I'm trying to narrow it down. Occasionally one ear or sometimes both will go quiet and sound dampened while listening. If I take the phones off for a minute or two they go back to normal. It's not the cable or the fit. When this happens I switch ears to make sure and even carefully listen to them without the tips. I thought it might be ear wax but it looks real clean. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else.

Lol, the same happening to me every time, first it was the left one now it's the right one. It it is very annoying. Tried to contact Lendmeurears but they wont respond. If i knew they would be like this i would have baught it from ebay UK. Btw i also had the Sennheiser cx400 ii. The xcape sounds a lot better imo, but u will miss some bass.

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #155 of 262

Quote:
ljokerl,Are there similarities of sonority between the Sunrise Xcape IE and the Monster MDT?Thank you!

To an extent - yes. They share quite a few similarities, actually, but keep in mind the balance difference - the bass of the MD is much more dominant in the overall sound.

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #156 of 262
Wow, same just happend to my pair. I've had these for 2 months now and it just started doing the same thing as you described, 1 minute after I read your post.

Will give you an update tomorrow whether it was really due to the driver overheating.

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #157 of 262
Lol, now u wish u had never read it ;p
I still did not get response but well it's weekend. I have them only for a week but i have this problem since day 2 or 3? I did not have much time to listen to them.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #159 of 262
Yeah i have the same but after putting them in my ears for what shall is say +-1hr. the problem returns every time. Sometimes after just a couple of songs, like now. Could u imagine that u can listen to music or watch to movies for just a short amount of time then u need to pause? I don't want a refund or something i want a new one who does not have this problem, They just sound really amazing imo.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #160 of 262
So it's true about overheating drivers? It happened quite a bit in the first two weeks of burn-in. Not so much anymore. However, can an overheating driver cause permanent damage or is it generally just temporary?

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #163 of 262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back