Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
Sep 23, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #136 of 262

Quote:
Do you think the Xcited is better than the PR401 overall? I don't think the Impressive Edition is for me. I'd probably like to get one or the other, but they are 0.5 points apart on the list :p

I don't think the Xcited is significantly better than the PR401 but I'd maybe give it a slight edge in detail, clarity, dynamics, and sheer soundstage size. The PR401 is smoother, though, and has a slightly more well-rounded presentation IMO.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #137 of 262
Hey Joker, I've got the IE edition now but I'd like to ask you some questions on those and something else :p.
1. How do you test the products in terms of using an EQ.
2. I might buy the HD 25 1-ii, what are the differences between them in terms of SQ and isolation (in comparison to IE, which has a near perfect fit)

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #138 of 262

Quote:

I don't think the Xcited is significantly better than the PR401 but I'd maybe give it a slight edge in detail, clarity, dynamics, and sheer soundstage size. The PR401 is smoother, though, and has a slightly more well-rounded presentation IMO.

One last question. I actually do own the GR07, but I find them a bit dry sounding, and due to the over-ear design and moveable nozzle, I am quite aware when wearing them. Would you say the PR401 is less dry sounding and more musical?

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #139 of 262

Quote:
Hey Joker, I've got the IE edition now but I'd like to ask you some questions on those and something else :p.
1. How do you test the products in terms of using an EQ.
2. I might buy the HD 25 1-ii, what are the differences between them in terms of SQ and isolation (in comparison to IE, which has a near perfect fit)

1. Parametric EQ -> make an educated guess -> frequency sweep + test tones + equal loudness test + music listening -> rinse -> repeat

2. The HD25 is more v-shaped than the IE IMO. It'll have more prominent lower treble and more impactful bass. The IE will have slightly higher isolation but the HD25 is still about as good as it gets for portable headphones.

Quote:
One last question. I actually do own the GR07, but I find them a bit dry sounding, and due to the over-ear design and moveable nozzle, I am quite aware when wearing them. Would you say the PR401 is less dry sounding and more musical?  

Yes but you will probably miss some of the clarity of the GR07 if you move to the PR401. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #140 of 262
I just want a new all rounder in my life lately. Not looking to upgrade. Thanks again 
etysmile.gif

Sep 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #141 of 262
Hi Joker, thanks for all of your reviews. I like is R&B, Dance, Club, Pop and some kind of soft rock (Linkin Park...) and my dap is Clip Zip (+Fiio E7 or E11 -> in furture) .Can you recommend me choose Sunrise Xcited, Re-ZERO, RE0 or another IEM in those price range? :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #142 of 262

Quote:
Hi Joker, thanks for all of your reviews. I like is R&B, Dance, Club, Pop and some kind of soft rock (Linkin Park...) and my dap is Clip Zip (+Fiio E7 or E11 -> in furture) .Can you recommend me choose Sunrise Xcited, Re-ZERO, RE0 or another IEM in those price range? :)

if well amped, the RE0 should be better than the other 2

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #143 of 262

Quote:

Why not the Xcape IE? I would expect you'd want a more bass-heavy or even v-shaped sound for those genres but of course I maintain that signature preferences matter a lot more than genre preferences. 

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #144 of 262
ohh, base on your review, i thought Xcape is smooth, warm, sweet and more bass... Xcited is clarity, bright, crips, edge, more 'explosive' than Xcape... so i thought Xcited is better for my music. Maybe my english is not good enough to got your mean :Đ. Thanks you again, Joker :wink:

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #145 of 262

Quote:
ohh, base on your review, i thought Xcape is smooth, warm, sweet and more bass... Xcited is clarity, bright, crips, edge, more 'explosive' than Xcape... so i thought Xcited is better for my music. Maybe my english is not good enough to got your mean :Đ. Thanks you again, Joker :wink:

Truth be told you may want to pick a bright, crisp, explosive IEM over a warm, smooth, and sweet one for your preferences; just not this bright, crisp, explosive IEM over this warm, smooth, and sweet one  - in overall SQ the IE has a sizeable edge over the Xcited.

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #146 of 262
Hi there, my xcape IE's left driver goes dead and becomes softer after some listening, this is my 2nd pair now and once again the problem appears.
Anyone else experienced this? Disappointing....

Oct 1, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #147 of 262
The pair I used had the same problem. I think the coil of the IE overheats at times, happened very rarely though so I can't be certain it's the coil. But it could also be a problem inside the strain relief that is slowly creeping up, the pair used ended up having this problem. 

Oct 1, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #148 of 262

Quote:
Hi there, my xcape IE's left driver goes dead and becomes softer after some listening, this is my 2nd pair now and once again the problem appears.
Anyone else experienced this? Disappointing....

It was a reported issue with early-batch units. Sunrise said they fixed it... disappointing if they didn't

Oct 2, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #150 of 262
The problem has only cropped up once so far, it occured after around 8 to 10 hours of burning in over night.
So far with 2 hours of listening it has not occured. I suspect that it overheats after prolonged hours of usage?

Btw, the left driver is printed with a R instead, took me long enough to notice it lol, didnt bother to send for RMA once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back