Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #46 of 262

Quote:
thanks, ive got myself a pair about 9 hours ago. When can i expect it to arrive from lend me ur ears? :D

I think that's a question best asked of lendmeurears

Quote:
can you guide me on the burn-in audio process etc?

I don't have much to add to ClieOS's IEM wiki or the Burn-in FAQ other than that Sunrise recommends 200 hours. The difference is minute, if any.

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #49 of 262
What do you think of Xcape IE vs. Xears TD III; do you think they're different enough to warrant having both at the same time? (On the other hand, if it's a straight upgrade I'll probably consider it as well.)

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #50 of 262

Quote:
my previous IEM was the sennheiser cx300-II(I think), will I be expecting much more in the IE's? :D

I think you'll be better judge of that. Use the Xcape IE exclusively for a week or two and then switch back to the CX300. Best way to gauge the size of the difference.

Quote:
What do you think of Xcape IE vs. Xears TD III; do you think they're different enough to warrant having both at the same time? (On the other hand, if it's a straight upgrade I'll probably consider it as well.)

Yes; one is a bass monster with forward mids and a smooth sound; the other is much more laid back, more balanced, and more detailed.

Jun 8, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #51 of 262
Jocker, you saying that the IE is bass a monster scares me a little. I don't like heavy bass, I prefer more clarity than bass. Do you think the Xcited could be a better option for me? I don't like when bass covers all the mids and highs.
I also must say that I can't "picture" what a smooth sound is

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #52 of 262

Quote:
Jocker, you saying that the IE is bass a monster scares me a little. I don't like heavy bass, I prefer more clarity than bass. Do you think the Xcited could be a better option for me? I don't like when bass covers all the mids and highs.
I also must say that I can't "picture" what a smooth sound is

The TD-III is the bass monster.

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #56 of 262

Quote:
Hi joker, can u do me a favor by comparing brainwavz b2 and Xcited since u have tested both? I prefer treble over bass but a little bass wouldn keep me away from buying. Tq

The B2 I tested was a pre-production model so I can't make any claims about the sound of the final product. However, if the sound of the final product falls somewhere between the B2 and DBA-02 (a reasonable assumption), I would say it's a lot more suitable for a treble lover. The Xcape IE is very different in signature - smoother, thicker, warmer. The B2/DBA-02 have significantly better clarity and more treble presence. It is quicker, leaner, and tighter overall but really they are just two very different signatures. 

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #57 of 262
None of those is out yet, right ?

Anyway, I'm kind of a beginner in the "audiophile" thing and I would need some advice. (Not so long ago I used 30€ (40 dollars ?) Sennheiser and was very happy with them, but I feel that the time for improvement has come.)

I owned the Xcape V2 for a month or so until they broke and I winded up stuck with Bugden Audio's non-existent customer service (but that's not the issue here) and I'm currently considering buying one of those Xcape IE or Xcited earphones. But when they're out, I'm gonna have no idea of which one to buy ! You're going to tell me that it depends one the signature I would prefere, but how do I know that in the first place ? You see, I never had the chance to try "expensive" (I mean over 50 dollars) earphones, so I feel a little lost here, when I read

Quote:
...positioning one as a brighter, edgier alternative to analytical sets such as the RE0 and the other to go head-to-head with warmer-sounding sets such as the MEE CC51 and Phiaton PS 20...

So how do I know my preferences ? Does it depend on the music styles that I listen to ?
And also, if you were to buy IEMs under 100 dollars, would you buy one of those or have something else in mind ?

Thank you so much for your help, dear Head-fiers.

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #60 of 262
You can't know without trying stuff.  It can change also with experience/time. Usually the no-go for less experienced people is low bass quanity, and too much/edgy treble. So the IE is a safer choice imho. Especially if you liked the v2.

To me the under $100 market is dominated by the RE0/Xcapes. Of course it depends on the personal preferences as well, and I didn't hear all contenders obviously.

Quote:
You're going to tell me that it depends one the signature I would prefere, but how do I know that in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back