Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
May 18, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #31 of 262
Perfect! Thanks. The Xcited is even more recessed mid range so i'll definitely go IE.

May 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #32 of 262
Hi ljokerl

I bought xcape few moths ago and seems that I have v2. Now we have ie and xcited so it means that mine v2 is a beta version one of these. Do you know which one? And can you describe differences between v1, v2, ie, and xcited in sound. I can sell my v2 and buy new one if its really worth it.

May 31, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #33 of 262
Quote:
Hi ljokerl

I bought xcape few moths ago and seems that I have v2. Now we have ie and xcited so it means that mine v2 is a beta version one of these. Do you know which one? And can you describe differences between v1, v2, ie, and xcited in sound. I can sell my v2 and buy new one if its really worth it.

I haven't heard the V2 but from what I've read I'd guess it is closer to the IE than the Xcited in signature. How they compare in overall sound quality I'm not really sure.

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #34 of 262
Apparently v2 isn't a beta, but an IEM that had a short life of availability. It does seem closer to the IE/v1 if anything (see ClieOS' thread).

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #35 of 262
Hello joker, I was looking this list here and since I bought my new IEM based on your ratings I would like to know if you agree on the fact that the new Sunrise IE is rated with same SQ as the fischer audio dba 02 since on your list you put the Sunrise v1 at 1 point less than the fischer audio dba 02. Did the IE improve the product that much?

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #36 of 262

Quote:
Hello joker, I was looking this list here and since I bought my new IEM based on your ratings I would like to know if you agree on the fact that the new Sunrise IE is rated with same SQ as the fischer audio dba 02 since on your list you put the Sunrise v1 at 1 point less than the fischer audio dba 02. Did the IE improve the product that much?

I try to rank based on technical ability, which puts the IE just below the v1 Xcape for me.

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #37 of 262
thank you
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #39 of 262
Nice! so would u say the IE is better overall compared to the Xcited? and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunrise-SW-Xcape-Impressive-Edition-shipped-UK-/320695553678?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4aaaf1ce8e <--legit/authorised reseller?

will lendmeurears sell them for a lower price? or?

Sorry, im so new to this :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #40 of 262
I asked Sunsire Audio, that ebay seller is authorized as well as lendmeurears. I'm waiting for them to get them (they said next week). I will buy from there if they have a lower price ( I hope no more than $80)

Are there more dealers?

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #41 of 262

Quote:
Nice! so would u say the IE is better overall compared to the Xcited? and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sunrise-SW-Xcape-Impressive-Edition-shipped-UK-/320695553678?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4aaaf1ce8e <--legit/authorised reseller?

will lendmeurears sell them for a lower price? or?

Sorry, im so new to this :frowning2:

I think the official retail price is no more than $90 so that's a bit high.

As for IE vs Xcited, each does certain things better than the other. The Xcited is brighter, clearer, wider-sounding, and more airy. The IE is bassier, thicker, smoother, more layered. The IE sounds more natural and realistic to me.

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #43 of 262

Quote:
Thanks,so lets say if I wished to enjoy a song such as 'Don't Know Why' by Norah Jones, which one is preferable?

I'd say the IE by a fair margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back