Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
Jul 24, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #63 of 262

Quote:
hello
short question:
do the Xcited and Xcape IE come with the same type, size and form of tips like those which come with the RE-0/-ZERO ?
thanks

The single flanges are pretty similar but Sunrise bi-flanges are smaller than the HiFiMan ones. I think Sunrise bi-flanges are fairly generic in size and shape but I can't find mine at the moment to confirm. HiFiMan bi-flanges have always been a bit larger and thicker than average.

Jul 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #65 of 262

Quote:
thanks
then how are the HiFiMan bi-flanges compared to the meelec bi-flanges for m6 or a151. i find those meelec to big for my ears

The HiFiMan ones are much longer than the stubby MEElec tips.

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #67 of 262

Quote:
im sorry that i keep asking
i dont mind if they're longer , in length
but are they also wider then the meelec's , in the big flang of the bi-flages?

The bottom (big) flange is about the same size as with the M6 bi-flanges.

Jul 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #68 of 262
sounds like a NO hifiman for me.
are the hifiman small size bi-flanges the same?
also, can you suggest a   bi-flange similar to the shure/etys triplets?
thanks and sorry for getting out of the thread topic

Jul 25, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #69 of 262

Quote:
sounds like a NO hifiman for me.
are the hifiman small size bi-flanges the same?
also, can you suggest a   bi-flange similar to the shure/etys triplets?
thanks and sorry for getting out of the thread topic

Not sure the RE-ZERO comes with small bi-flanges. I've gotten shorter/narrower dual-flanges with my Fischer Eterna as well as the MEElec CX21 but I don't think they are available separately. The MEElec M11+ fit kit comes with a bunch of different-sized bi-flanges.

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #70 of 262
got those meelec bi-flanges and they really big.

btw, from that photo with the 3 sunrise and the zero housing looks like the strain reliefs on the xcape v1 housings is softer and more flexible. the xcited's and X-IE's looks similar just a but larger and more straight. while the hifiman's looks very stiff like if it was made of plastic

Jul 27, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #71 of 262

Quote:
got those meelec bi-flanges and they really big.

btw, from that photo with the 3 sunrise and the zero housing looks like the strain reliefs on the xcape v1 housings is softer and more flexible. the xcited's and X-IE's looks similar just a but larger and more straight. while the hifiman's looks very stiff like if it was made of plastic

The strain relief on the RE-ZERO is fine. Maybe a bit less flexible than that of the X-IE but not as hard as it might look.

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #72 of 262

This is my review of the xcape impressive edition. Special thanks to Lendmeurears.com for the earphone sample. Feel free to ask questions and I’ll try to help :D

Accessories: The unit comes with a Shirt clip, S/M/L tips and a small round case to carry the iem around. The build quality of the case is superb and will be able to protect the iem extremely well. Its not too big and just nice. Unlike the xcape v1, the IE comes with the brand imprinted on the casing so no worries about losing the sticker. You can use de-cored shure olives or the sony hybrids with the iem. I’ll give it a 3.5/5 for this.

Build Quality: the driver casing is quite solidly built. The train relief does it’s job well and I don’t see it spoiling anytime soon. The wire is tangle free. The only worry is at the y splitter. Right after the splitter the wire becomes thinner but I guess it might be purposely build this way to prevent the wires from snapping out when bending. So far it has withstand abuse for the past one month and its going strong. For this I’ll give it a 4.5/5

Isolation: I must be lucky cause the supplied tip fit my ears perfectly. When I put on the IE, I got perfect isolation and can barely hear my surrounding. Compared to my gr07, the IE isolates more and the tiny body fits in the ear perfectly well. 5/5

Sound signature:

Out of the box 0 hour burn in: The sound is quite clear but the bass is a overpowering. Soundstage is small but the separation is good. Initial impression is good but with burn in it should become better. (3/5)

After 200 hours of burn in: WOW. The sound changed for the better. The bass is tighter and the bass presence is more obvious compared to the gr07. There is a good balance between quantity and quality with no bass bleed. The mid is luch and more forward compared to the gr07. Treble is there but might be overshadowed by the mids and the bass. To me it is quite a detailed iem but not as analytic as the gr07. Soundstage is above average after burn in. separation is one of the best especially at this price point, the positioning and imaging is good. Im not sure why but this iem is a little fatiguing, something which I don’t encounter with my gr07. Compared to the gr07, the music portrayed by the IE is more exciting and in your face while the gr07 is more mature. Its not a case of which one is better but rather which sond you prefer. Sound (4.5/5)

Conclusion:

The IE is indeed a very exciting iem. The sound signature is different from the v1 and at this price point, its one of the best bang for buck iem out there. Compared to the gr07, its really a case of which sound signature you prefer. The IE reminds me of the hd-25

while the gr07 reminds me of the dt1350. Overall I’ll give this X-cape impressive edition a 4.5/5

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #73 of 262
After reading tons of reviews and comparisons between the sunrise iems I finally got my Xcape IEs. I'm listening to them right now without burning them in yet. They already sound as good as my (broken) cx400s, and I remember how much better those sounded after a few days. However I'm hoping for miracles because the sound so far isn't worth the $50-60 premium over the cx400s. Then again the sennheisers were basically a steal at $30.

BTW I love your reviews Joker! It's like the best reference for headphone shoppers.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #74 of 262
The IE signature is a little difficult to get used to at first - the clarity isn't as striking as with the old Xcape and the presentation isn't as wide as with the Xcited. I've never heard the CX400, though, so I'm not sure how much of an upgrade you should be expecting.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #75 of 262
Going by memory since the cx400s are broken, the major upgrade is soundstage and bass/treble detail while bass quantity and overall volume is quieter. Only by a bit though. I'd say they sound pretty similar but I haven't listened to very many headphones. ~20 hours of burn in

update: The strangest thing is happening and I'm trying to narrow it down. Occasionally one ear or sometimes both will go quiet and sound dampened while listening. If I take the phones off for a minute or two they go back to normal. It's not the cable or the fit. When this happens I switch ears to make sure and even carefully listen to them without the tips. I thought it might be ear wax but it looks real clean. Just wondering if this happens to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back