[REVIEW] Starkey SA-43, JH 13 Pro, JH 16 Pro
Nov 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #31 of 48
Thanks for the info, i will surely drop by to compare those to my SA-43 and add it to my final test of Starkey SA-43.
Yeah they are all nice people that work in Starkey! I have also been in Stavanger where they make the monitors, to see the lab
smily_headphones1.gif
Quality is really top notch in Starkey.

Nov 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #32 of 48

Quote:
I have tried starkey SA-12 and Starkey SA-22 in the store demo`s.
They are really good, so good that the fact i sold my iems(monster turbine pro gold) to get one pair of Starkey ERM-3 quite same as SA-12.
So now i waiting to get my custom starkeys.
And there is quite diffrent in sound image of SA-12 And SA-22.
But i was wondering Navea, can you just dropp by Starkey in oslo Nordahl Bruns gate 13.(they are open from 09:00-15:00).
And then just try the universal SA-12 and SA-22 they have there and compare it with yours would be really awesome.
Since they didnt have SA-43 at demo.

Btw they are really nice, the people that are working there.

Btw why didnt you go for SA-43? They are really some unique customs. Just curious
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #33 of 48
Hehehe, well...

I was saved up for amp Headstage Arrow 12HE 2G, so i can combine with MTPG and Sony X with a LOD.
And then i was curious about custom iems, if it was worth just buying custom instead of amp.
So i just crossed over starkey some how and whent down and tried it, and it gave me a wow factor.
The things is my girlfriend isnt a fan of me when im using money on hifi, btw i dont earn that much money since im apprentice atm.
Soon im also going on trip soon to china for 6 weeks so need some money for that.
The SA-43 cost twice as much as erm-3.

I just wish he could give me a discount
frown.gif
Since im buying with my birthday money.
Anyways Navea your awesome thanks, cant w8 to read your compare review^^.

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #35 of 48
I find this thread very interesting.  In the US we have a Starkey Hearing Aid Company and they sell iem's and custom monitors under the TUNZ name.  The custom monitors look similar to the listings on the Norway site but do not have the same designations.  I wonder if these are the same monitors and if they are made in Norway too.

Nov 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #36 of 48
I think the one in norway is a upgrade version, they try to improve there iems when they can.
And they are open for ideas for improvements, and that is very important.
But if you link the iems TUNZ sells or give me the names i can ask for you :).

I Found it, mhmh quite little info.
Looks quite the same.

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #37 of 48
Thanks @azmdmp, I had a audiologist recommend them and offered a good price.  I was just wondering if the reviews and comments here related to these in the US.  If you will notice the logo of the two Starkey companys are the same.

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #39 of 48
I had a look at TUNZ and I do think its the same IEMs, makes sense since TUNZ would be a pointless name for the Norwegian marked.
but to be honest, all I have to go on is that they only customize their IEM's with the same colors as the Norwegian dealers do, and that the accessories for TUNZ are the same as the accessories for Starkeys Iem's
But on the other hand, the detatchable cable is fastened differently than the norwegian edition, atleast if "Tunz Duo S" is the same edition as "Starkey Sa-22" and I think they are, same amount of drivers etc 
(picture doesnt have detatchable cable, but it would be located in the same place I think)

I would like to throw my hat in and say that starkey really impressed me when I listened to it, I wish they were more known in the Hifi community 

Nov 16, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #40 of 48
I got answer from Starkey Norway.
They develop and produce all their models in Norway and has no collaboration with Starkey United States in this area. Starkey United States has its own models as they develop and produce themselves.
It is abit unfortunately :), but at the same time it doesnt mean Starkey United States produce bad IEMS at all.
I`m kinda curious how they sounds ^^, although i wouldnt buy from Starkey USA without trying it first and since there isnt any review around here about it.

But what kinda price did they offer you :) arcticears
Ask for a test or something.
And i hope this clear up things for you.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #41 of 48
Yes that is very helpful.  Thanks alot.  I did some further research and came to the conclusion that the iems were different.  The audiologist said he would do a triple for $400 to $450 plus $25 for the impressions.  Thanks again.  My main problem with going to any custom iem is getting the impressions done.  It is 500 miles to the closest road that connects to a city and costs about $400 to fly out.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #42 of 48
wow for real, is that the closeset audiologist that can do the impressions on you.
Maybe you can check with hospital they normaly have audiologist for hear aid, they might do it for you.
But for triple drivers thats cheap, but i like the dual drivers abit more than the triple atleast the ones here in norway.
Triple have abit more bass in it abit warmer, but dual seems abit better at mids and maybe sightley better highs.
But im gonna test that out when i get mine custom IEMS, since last time i listen to universal IEMS with foams tips they are know to remove abit on high and makes the bass sounds abit bad aswell.

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #43 of 48

Quote:
Yes that is very helpful.  Thanks alot.  I did some further research and came to the conclusion that the iems were different.  The audiologist said he would do a triple for $400 to $450 plus $25 for the impressions.  Thanks again.  My main problem with going to any custom iem is getting the impressions done.  It is 500 miles to the closest road that connects to a city and costs about $400 to fly out.

Hi mate.

I just found a review for you, im kinda lucky that i crossover this.
http://www.compudio.ca/2010/06/listenhear-duo-trio-b-monitor-brothers.html#more
As you can see the spec are not same as in norway, but they didnt do that bad in the best^^.

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #44 of 48
Thanks for the link.  I had not found that site before.  Yes it is quite a haul if I need to get out of here.  I am checking with the local health care clinic now to find out when an audiologist will be comming thru and if I can get impressions done then.  If I can not get them done here I will wait till I get out to the big city, maybe next spring.  I am located just above the Arctic Circle.  We have about 12 miles of road in and around the town but they do not connect to any where. Every thing we get here is barged in over the summer or is flown in.

May 14, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #45 of 48
Hi Navea, I just reread this thread, thanks for the review.  And I just noticed I have the same setup you used; the 801 to the Pico Slim, which is an exceptional match of source/amp!  I have the SA-43 and SA-12 on the way and can't wait to compare them with my other customs.  They sound like they both could be very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back