[REVIEW] Starkey SA-43, JH 13 Pro, JH 16 Pro
Mar 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #46 of 48
Anyone got any thoughts on Westone 4 vs Starkey's 43's? 

I can probably unload the Westones used for at least a bit of cash - but I'll probably lose alot. 

That said, my source is pretty horrible (Samsung Galaxy S2-phone), my amps are more about "fun" than "serious business" for portable use (ZO2 / Fiio 5) ZO2 does match the W4's great, truth be told - adding some (for me) much needed bass, but not much else color-wise. 

My home rig is the Schiit Lyr powering the LCD-2 Rev 2 - which I really love. How would Starkeys 43's compare here, you think? I'd probably be open to get another amp. 

All in all I suspect I could benefit from swapping to the 43's, I just don't know if it's worth the pretty huge price jump. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #47 of 48
I have only heard the W4 for a short period of time, but I think the SA-43 is more laid back with a much more expansive soundstage and more detailed presentation, yet more bass.  

However, the SA-43 is not very easy to drive so a phone or weaker amp won't bring out the full potential.  What exactly are you looking for, and have you seen my multi-custom IEM review thread?

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #48 of 48
Hi everyone. Coincidently I am looking for new IEM and currently I live in Stavanger. Is there a factory shop or something? Can one go directly to Starkey HQ a have everything done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back