[REVIEW] Starkey SA-43, JH 13 Pro, JH 16 Pro
Jun 3, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #17 of 48
Just the slight bass emphasis on the bass, which changes the overall sound presentation to get more of a 'feel' for the music. Rather than being better, the jh16 is a side step (from the general notion that ive gathered around here)

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #19 of 48
The difference is there there, but more noticeable when you feed the monitors with a high end source/amp. They all get the same amount of listening time. But i use my JH13 more when i want to hear a record as neutral it can be. I really like the extra bass switch on my SA-43, you can just switch instantly in a song to hear the difference, i find myself to use this often. 

They both do a great job on female vocals, but JH13 does slightly deliver a cleaner sound on the vocal for my ears. 

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #20 of 48
Thanks for the reply. Just the kind of answer i was looking for. Can you tell me how long it took for delivery from the day of receipt of impressions. I guess JH audio has some delays in delivery and a quicker delivery will be appreciated by impatient people like me :) . Thanks

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #21 of 48
JH audio got my ear impression 16.06.09, then they shipped out my JH13 30.07.09. This was back then when JH13 was really new to the marked. I don`t know how the delivery time is now, but i think you can expect minimum one month on the JH13. But i may be wrong.

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #25 of 48

Quote:
Very nice review man, I enjoyed reading it. I have always kept the JH13s as my top custom if I were to ever get one and after reading this I am still focused on the 13's. 

Having debated customs for years I finally made the leap to the 13Pro's after I got lucky enough to hear a demo pair. IMO it's well worth it to make that jump if you can at all swing it. I see you're in Florida, are you close to JH's lab? If so I'd highly recommend talking to them about getting a listen to a demo pair, doing that certainly solidified my decision.

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #27 of 48

Quote:
Having debated customs for years I finally made the leap to the 13Pro's after I got lucky enough to hear a demo pair. IMO it's well worth it to make that jump if you can at all swing it. I see you're in Florida, are you close to JH's lab? If so I'd highly recommend talking to them about getting a listen to a demo pair, doing that certainly solidified my decision.

They're located in Orlando right? If so I'm about 2 hours north of them around Jacksonville so yea, I could swing by some day and check it all out :D

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #28 of 48
Just blowing some dust on this tread to say that a deeper review of Starkey SA-43 is on its way, for the ones that are interested
smile_phones.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #29 of 48

Quote:
Just blowing some dust on this tread to say that a deeper review of Starkey SA-43 is on its way, for the ones that are interested
smile_phones.gif

Yes, that's great.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #30 of 48
I have tried starkey SA-12 and Starkey SA-22 in the store demo`s.
They are really good, so good that the fact i sold my iems(monster turbine pro gold) to get one pair of Starkey ERM-3 quite same as SA-12.
So now i waiting to get my custom starkeys.
And there is quite diffrent in sound image of SA-12 And SA-22.
But i was wondering Navea, can you just dropp by Starkey in oslo Nordahl Bruns gate 13.(they are open from 09:00-15:00).
And then just try the universal SA-12 and SA-22 they have there and compare it with yours would be really awesome.
Since they didnt have SA-43 at demo.

Btw they are really nice, the people that are working there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back