Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Sep 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #1,441 of 2,566
  I believe 1010 would be too small for me, I want a comfortable use. Probably 1020 is the one I should buy. Anyway thanks for all the info guys.

I'm not sure if you remember the link I posted earlier on of the Otterbox 2000? That works perfectly for me. It looks to be the exact same case that came with my 8As. Grezegorz should honestly supply this case with such an expensive IEM. I actually think one of the sound tubes has a crimp in it due to shipping my SE5s in the small case. It would damage my SE5s if I kept using it... Also including a package or two of desiccant wouldn't hurt would it?

This might help your decision as well

http://forums.scrapyardknives.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/611485/Otterbox_vs_Pelican_Case_Micro.html

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,443 of 2,566
  I actually checked the dimensions of all of them and decided to go for 1020 as a safe choice and easy of use. The problem I have, I don't want to spend too much time on rolling the cables and fixing them in the case, paying attention all the time.

However, it doesn't prevent me to thank you specially music_4321, I appreciate your post and information but I feel like since I have always space in my backpack, a little bit bigger case is a better choice for me.

For on the go, try this, trust me:

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #1,444 of 2,566
Mimou what if you sat on it or if a lot of pressure was put onto that carrying case? Is it solid enough to prevent any sort of pressure being put on the SE5? The reason I'm saying this is because the sound tubes in the IEM can easily be damaged due to this which will result in ruining the sound.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #1,445 of 2,566
  Mimou what if you sat on it or if a lot of pressure was put onto that carrying case? Is it solid enough to prevent any sort of pressure being put on the SE5? The reason I'm saying this is because the sound tubes in the IEM can easily be damaged due to this which will result in ruining the sound.

Nope you cannot sit or step on it with this box. But on the other hand I am not 3 years old so I should manage. At home I keep it in the 1010.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,446 of 2,566

Nope you cannot sit or step on it with this box. But on the other hand I am not 3 years old so I should manage. At home I keep it in the 1010.

lol you say that now :p. Whatever floats your boat. Just I wouldn't take the risk with an investment at this price point. But that is just me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #1,450 of 2,566
  Yep but I do not care because I crap diamonds everyday :wink:

lol'd
biggrin.gif

Also, thank you everybody for suggestions.

Lee, I don't think I will ever go back to Otter, man that thing is so painful to open.

In fact, l ordered 1020 from amazon.fr and will post impressions and provide a few photos when they arrive.

I prefer more space and more comfort honestly, so 1010 was kinda risky option for me.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #1,451 of 2,566
  lol'd
biggrin.gif

Lee, I don't think I will ever go back to Otter, man that thing is so painful to open.

In fact, l ordered 1020 from amazon.fr and will post impressions and provide a few photos when they arrive.

I prefer more space and more comfort honestly, so 1010 was kinda risky option for me.

It think you've made a good call. I received today Peli 1010 (as I'm still not sure with what to replace Otterbox 1000) and it is bulkier then I thought, but the quality of the box is also superior.

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #1,452 of 2,566
  lol'd
biggrin.gif

I have to agree with you the case grzegorz provides is very hard to open. I'm not sure why either because my Tralucent case is also an otterbox and it was only slightly difficult to open initially. I have no issues at all opening up the 2000 case and this was the same  with the 8A's case as well.

Regarding quality. I'm not really sure if that is indeed the case from most reviews I read. The otterbox tends to get the nod over pelican cases in durability as well as being water proof.

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #1,453 of 2,566

Regarding quality. I'm not really sure if that is indeed the case from most reviews I read. The otterbox tends to get the nod over pelican cases in durability as well as being water proof.

I don't think that's true (highlighted text).

The 1010 & 1020 Pelican cases are also water resistant.

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #1,454 of 2,566

I don't think that's true (highlighted text).

The 1010 & 1020 Pelican cases are also water resistant.

Where do they state that it is water proof up to 100 ft? The difference between water proof and water resistant seems to vary from product to product. Although I was under the impression water proof was generally safer than water resistant. Someone did mention having a Pelican case fail in preventing water from getting into the case. Luckily he had his camera in an extra plastic bag just in case which saved it.

Basically with water resistant it may give you enough time to get the item out of water before the item is damaged but that is not guaranteed. With water proof it is made to be water proof up to a certain depth. Basically the item can be taken under water with you and still be safe.

http://dogblog.ruffwear.net/2010/06/01/the-difference-between-waterproof-and-water-resistant/

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #1,455 of 2,566

Where do they state that it is water proof up to 100 ft?

Did I say the 1010 & 1020 are "water proof up to 100 ft"?

There is a difference between "water proof" and "water resistant"

Thanks for pointing that out — love learning new things every day.

Someone even mentioned having a Pelican case fail in preventing water from getting into the case. Luckily he had his camera in an extra plastic bag just in case which saved it.

WOW, great story! Guess I'll have to get several of those Otter cases as I usually keep all my IEMs underwater (60 ft at least).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back