Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Aug 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,246 of 2,566
Seriously? It's Paris man.. I prefer Parisian way more than Rotterdamer.

This was my first trip to Europe which started in the Southern countries there as a blond male, I stood out like a sour thumb. I remember jumping on a train in Paris and getting off in Rotterdam and stepping out into a flood of beautiful blond women everywhere I looked all in perfect shape. All of a sudden, I felt at home like I fit in. Scarey for me, now that I have done the math, that was actually 32 years ago. However, I have never forgot the experience. You are a lucky dude!

Aug 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #1,247 of 2,566
Quote:
This was my first trip to Europe which started in the Southern countries there as a blond male, I stood out like a sour thumb. I remember jumping on a train in Paris and getting off in Rotterdam and stepping out into a flood of beautiful blond women everywhere I looked all in perfect shape. All of a sudden, I felt at home like I fit in. Scarey for me, now that I have done the math, that was actually 32 years ago. However, I have never forgot the experience. You are a lucky dude!

I'm actually from the Netherlands, born and raised! Will leave soon probably. But the women are gorgeous (my girlfriend is dutch so i'm probably biased). However, I've visited belgium a couple of times, and found some pretty darn gorgeous women there too!

I'm not sure if you were just lucky, or people got less healthly. But I definitely wouldn't say all dutch girls are in great shape :x

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,248 of 2,566

Quote:
Very first impressions: Extremely neutral with wonderful extensions in both sides. Sound wise, it is too early for saying something but I am already in love. I wouldn't call it dark but it is not bright either that's for sure. Something in the middle, neutral and it sounds so good.

I would not call them bright or dark either. I actually find them both bright and dark. I find them to be loud around 4k and not so responsive above 6k. I have spoken with Grzegorz about this but he things that I might have some hearing loss above 6k that makes me want to over compensate so that the 4k region gets too loud. He might be right, I don't know, I have not tested my hearing for a long time. But I find both my JH16A and my Shure 535 to be more responsive (louder) above 6k, the 16s more so than the 535s, and none of them to be as sibilant at  around 4-6k. 

I love the bass and the comfort, isolation and build quality still makes them the most used IEM I have. But for some music with choirs and other vocal music with "big sound" sound around 4k (like "sss" sound in vocals) I prefer my JH16. Actually, that is one of the reason why I think that they sound different with different tracks, that they, to my ears (might be hearing loss), do not sound linear in frequency response and hence sounds different with tracks that are different around 4k.

This is my honest experience of them and I hope I do not offend any one by telling it. As I say, it is still my most used IEM due to comfort and isolation and I love them! The build quality is supreme!

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,249 of 2,566
Quote:

Thank you mate. I have to agree with you. Streets are just like fashion shows. Many beautiful women, all in nice shape, know how to dress. It is kind of pleasure to live in here. It has been almost 2 years I am here, I love the country, as well my girlfriend is here too, I am planning to stay and keep on living in here.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #1,250 of 2,566
Quote:
like what I did to lots of people 
wink.gif

Shhhh :).

Aug 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #1,251 of 2,566
So nobody has done reshelling? That's marvelous...

Is there a wait time? I will be in 4 countries in Europe one week at a time, so this may be tricky to coordinate...

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #1,252 of 2,566
Quote:
So nobody has done reshelling? That's marvelous...

Is there a wait time? I will be in 4 countries in Europe one week at a time, so this may be tricky to coordinate...

No some have had their IEMS reshelled due to fit issues. I did talk with Grzegorz about it and he told me that it is extremely rare now though for people to have such issues as long as they follow his directions when getting impressions. That also includes going to a professional audiologist and no DIY impressions.

Also Grzegorz completed Greed, Oz and my IEMs within a weeks time (if not slightly longer) so they can get your IEMs done in a timely manner from what I can tell.

Aug 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #1,253 of 2,566
Quote:

No some have had their IEMS reshelled due to fit issues. I did talk with Grzegorz about it and he told me that it is extremely rare now though for people to have such issues as long as they follow his directions when getting impressions. That also includes going to a professional audiologist and no DIY impressions.

Also Grzegorz completed Greed, Oz and my IEMs within a weeks time (if not slightly longer) so they can get your IEMs done in a timely manner from what I can tell.

popcorn.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #1,254 of 2,566
About waiting time, I have to add this, as Lee said, it was something like 1 week process. I couldn't believe how fast Grzegorz worked. You say you will be here for 4 weeks, I say, even if you need refits (I doubt as explained by Lee) you will have plenty of time to make that happen.

A little hint, if you come to Belgium, try not to go to AudioNova for your ear impressions. Yeah my ciems fit tightly, perfectly with awesome seal but I was extremely unhappy with their work also Grzegorz mentioned about imperfections of impressions, then they had to process them in lab to make things easier. For future ciems, I won't go to their agencies anymore.

Lastly, good luck mate, you won't regret it trust me.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #1,255 of 2,566
How were you unhappy with them? Was this after Grzegorz received the impressions and notified you of flaws? Or did they give you a hassle on how to properly do your impressions (basically not wanting to follow the instructions?). In such a case I would have just walked out on them. Say "either you follow as I ask, according to the provided instructions or you lose my business." Plain and simple. Luckily my Audiologist was very accommodating and was extra through while taking my impressions :).

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #1,256 of 2,566
Quote:
How were you unhappy with them? Was this after Grzegorz received the impressions and notified you of flaws? Or did they give you a hassle on how to properly do your impressions (basically not wanting to follow the instructions?). In such a case I would have just walked out on them. Say "either you follow as I ask, according to the provided instructions or you lose my business." Plain and simple. Luckily my Audiologist was very accommodating and was extra through while taking my impressions :).

He didn't pay attention much while doing that, he did the job like he was in hurry and didn't wait enough to get the material solidified, while taking them out he was so harsh. I didn't feel pain though but I felt like the impressions had some effect. Grzegorz also mentioned the imperfections but luckily he could process them in the lab and remove the problems.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #1,257 of 2,566
Quote:
He didn't pay attention much while doing that, he did the job like he was in hurry and didn't wait enough to get the material solidified, while taking them out he was so harsh. I didn't feel pain though but I felt like the impressions had some effect. Grzegorz also mentioned the imperfections but luckily he could process them in the lab and remove the problems.

Wow lol. What a ******. I mean it seriously only takes a few minutes for the pieces to dry. The lady came back to check them and decided they needed a little more time. When removing them she was very careful and twisted them out gradually. You'd figure measure twice and cuts once :p.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,259 of 2,566
Quote:
Wow lol. What a ******. I mean it seriously only takes a few minutes for the pieces to dry. The lady came back to check them and decided they needed a little more time. When removing them she was very careful and twisted them out gradually. You'd figure measure twice and cuts once :p.

Well honestly, he was. I will never go AudioNova agencies anymore. Anyway it will take quite some time for me to buy another ciem. First of all, SE5way is god tier ciem so I don't need one in hurry, secondly I need a better dap to play it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back